- Text Size +

chp 4
Brandon comes to New York


After he got off the phone with Jennifer, Nick proceeded to call Brandon. "Hello," Brandon said. "Hey, what's up? It's me, Nick." "Hey how's it going? How's the tour?" "It's going good. It's just about over with." "That's cool." "Hey I have sort of favor to ask." "What's that." "Well to make the long story short, I met this absolutely most beautiful and amazing woman at the concert in Sacramento. She is now modeling in New York. The thing is she needs a bodyguard and she really doesn't know anybody in New York." "So, let me guess, you want me to be her bodyguard?" "Well yea actually. But only if you want. You are the only person I trust to keep her safe and out of harms way." "Wow, this girl means a lot to you doesn't she?" "Yeah she does and I only met her once, so far. So will you do it? I will pay you every two weeks just as long as she is safe." "Sure I'll do it. Anything for a good friend. And don't worry I'll keep her safe." "Thanks Brandon." "So when do I leave?" "Tomorrow morning, if that's cool." "Yeah sure. Is she going to pick me up at the airport or do you have her address?" "She'll be picking you up at the airport. I'm going to call her first thing tomorrow morning and tell her." "Alright well, I better go get packing then." "Ok, thank again man. You have no idea how much this means to me." "No problem. Like I said before, anything I can do for a good friend. And don't worry, she'll be safe with me." "Alright. Talk you later Brandon." "Later, Nick."
The next morning my cell phone started ringing at 8:30 am. I knew it was Nick calling me about Brandon. "Hello," I said in a groggy voice. "Morning Sunshine." "Morning but I don't know about the whole sunshine part. I still haven't had my morning coffee. But it's still good to hear your voice in the morning." "Well hopefully in about a week you'll be listening to me in person." "No hopefully about it. I will be listening to your voice in person in about a week." "You're right. Hey I'm calling to let you know that Brandon is on his way to New York as we speak. His plane lands at 10:00 am you time." "Oh ok. Thanks again for doing this for me. I'll make sure I'm there at 10:00 am sharp." "Well I wanted to do this for you. I wanted to make sure your always safe and Brandon, I trust with my own life." "Oh ok if he's a friend of yours I'm sure he's a great guy." "Oh he is. He would do anything for a friend." "Well thanks again." "Don't mention it. So what are your plans for today after picking Brandon up?" "Well nothing really. My manager gave me the day off today. Besides sitting here and wishing that this next week and a half would go by quicker so that I can see you again." "I know I feel the same way. I can't wait to be on vacation. I'm spending the whole month with you. After that we are back in the studio." "Well at least I have a month with you." "Oh you'll have longer than a month, trust me." "That's awesome! I can't wait. Well I need to get going and get my lazy *** out of bed." "Oh ok. Yea I need to get going to. The guys are hollering at me again to get a move on it. We have to rehearse today before the concert tonight." "Ok well have a great time tonight." "Well I'll try to. It would be better if you were here with me." "I know Nick. Soon enough though I will be. Very soon." "I know I just get impatient." "Yea me too." "Well I'll call you after the concert if I have time. If not I'll call you first thing tomorrow morning." "I'll be looking forward to it." "Me too. Bye Jen." "Bye Nick."
After Nick got off the bus, all of the guys were standing around waiting for him. "Were you on the phone with Jennifer again?" asked Howie. "Yea actually I was. I'm really starting to fall for her and hard," Nick said. "Yea we know. Trust me we can see it in your actions and by the expression on your face after you talk to her. She seems like a great girl for you, Nick," said AJ. "She is a great girl and she has the same feelings for me as I do for her. I feel like I've known her forever even though I've only met her once. It's like we were meant to be together, destiny I guess," Nick said happily. "Well we are just glad to see you happy once again. So when are going to see her again?" asked Kevin. "As soon as the tour is over with. I'm spending my month vacation," Nick replied. "C'mon guys. We need to get started rehearsing," Johnny said breaking up the guy's conversation. They rehearsed all day that day.
In New York, Jennifer was on her way to pick up Brandon, the bodyguard that Nick had hired for her. She arrived at the gate at 10:00 am sharp, with cops around for protection. The plane was arriving just as she got there. As they were getting off the plane, Brandon knew he was going to have to start work as soon as he stepped foot into the airport. "You must be Jennifer," he said as he approach a tall, tan woman with guards around her. "Yea I am and you must be Brandon. Nice to meet you. Thank you so much for doing this." "Oh it's not a problem. Like I told Nick on the phone last night, anything I can do for a good friend. And don't worry I'll keep you safe and out of harms way." "Thank you. Do you have any bags that you need to pick up?" "Yea just a couple." They made their way to the baggage claim. As they were walking a flock of fans came running towards Jennifer. Brandon and the other guards around her helped her make her way through. Of course, she stopped to sign autographs and take pictures. They picked up Brandon's bags and headed out of the airport. The escalade was waiting for them. "I hope you don't mind but I found you an apartment right next to mine. I figured it would be best. It's in a really night neighborhood and the apartments are great," said Jennifer. "Oh thanks. That's great and yea that probably would be best. That way I can be close by just in case you either need anything or something's wrong." "Well that's settled then." She told the driver where to go and off the went to his new apartment.
As soon as they arrived Jennifer said, "I got you a furnished apartment. That way you have everything you need." "Thanks. Nick was right about you." "Really? What did he have to say?" "Well let me just say, he's the luckiest man to know a girl like you." "Well thank you, Brandon. Well, here is your new home sweet home. I live right across the way. I'll let you get settled in. I'll talk to you later Brandon." "Thank you so much for everything." "Well not only are you my bodyguard but also a new friend. So, it's kind of my duty." "Oh ok, I'm suppose to be watching out for you." "Oh you'll get your chance. Bye Brandon." "Bye Jennifer, Thanks again."