- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
OMG AN UPDATE YAY! So i'm out of the hospital and had finished this before I went in. I'm home and resting, slowly working on chapter 6 of OMWTY and hopefully some AS. I may go take a nap, major surgery does tend to wipe one out lol. Anyways reviews are awesome guys please keep em comin!
Chapter Five: …Of A Beautiful Friendship







“Hmmm I’m tired…” Raelynn announced giving me a look as she set down her cards. We’d been playing anything from Poker, to Gin Rummy to Speed and Bullshit. And I have to admit I got my ass handed to me every time.







Dani yawned a little and smiled, “Then go to bed sweetheart. You’re not going to be missing much just me and Nick here.”







Is it bad that I’m really excited to be alone with Dani? And it’s not because I want to put the moves on her either. It’s strange but the more I hang out with her, the more I really like and respect her. Was that her plan to want me to get to know her first and seduce her later? Granted she’s had over a half a bottle of wine so that could be the case.







I relax back into the couch as Dani kicks up her legs over mine. Okay this is a good sign. Means she’s comfortable with physical contact with me. “She’s fantastic.” I remarked giving her a grin as she leaned her head back.







“She is.” She slurred slightly.







I chuckle at her drunkenness and pat her knee. She looks over at me and gives me a lazy grin. She doesn’t stay like that for long as she moves closer and places her head on my shoulder.







“Thank you…” She began somehow she seemed a little clearer than before.







“For?” Truly I didn’t know what I was being thanked for. It could have been a ton of things. I placed my hand on her back and rubbed slightly hoping to show her that I’m not all about getting laid.







“Just for being here. It’s been rough with Rae and I.” She said her brown eyes looking away from me.







“Well you said you wanted to get to know me. And I got to see how much of a good person you are in the process. So it’s been worth it.” I said in all sincerity.







She gave me an odd look. “Are you just saying all of this because you like me, or do you mean it?” She said slurring her words a little. Gotta love how alcohol brings out the truth.







I sighed a little. “I do mean what I say. A few years back I would have said or done anything. But now I’ve learned that sincerity is much better than lies and games.”







She considered me for a moment and then pressed her lips to mine and….holy fuck. Even drunk she’s an amazing kisser. She deepened the kiss and I could almost taste the merlot on her as she pulled me down on top of her as she laid back on the sofa. The kisses became feverish and then…







It dawned on me she’s drunk, what if she regrets it in the morning? I know I’ve done a lot of stupid things when I was drunk that I regretted the next morning. But god she feels right, this feels…







No she’s drunk it shouldn’t feel right I couldn’t take advantage of her when she’s drunk. It’s not fair. She’s not coherent enough to make a solid decision of whether she really wants me or not. Maybe it’s all the alcohol talking?







Reluctantly I pull away and she gives me a perplexed look. “I should go…” I said getting up and off the sofa and grabbing my keys and wallet and went to the door for my shoes.







“Wait! Why?” She asked her hair disheveled, lips slightly red and swollen.







“I just…I can’t…I just can’t...” I said before walking out of the loft. I got in the elevator and slammed my head against the wall. “Get it together you schmuck!” I say aloud to myself.







**************************************************************************************






“You had a chance and didn’t?” AJ asked me sitting there in his boxer shorts.








“I know, I know it’s just she was drinking and I couldn’t do that to her. Take advantage of her like that.” I said sitting on the sofa of his suite. I put my head in my hands and just took a few moments to breathe.







“So this isn’t just about nailing our photographer? You honestly like her?”






I looked up at him and nodded. It was insane. I’d never been this attracted to someone before. Even certain ex-girlfriends of mine I hadn’t had this much chemistry with. “She’s just beautiful and sweet and funny and God Alex she was just…”







“Totally amazing kisser?”







“Fuck yeah…” I said sighing.







He laughed at me and I gave him an odd look. What the fuck is he laughing about? “Dude you’re so gone and now she’s probably going to be really hurt that you rejected her.”









“I didn’t reject her per se.” Okay maybe I did but it was a little rejection.







“Yeah you did big time. You basically told her you didn’t want to have sex with her. Therefore you don’t find her attractive or worthy of being objectified sexually.”








I sighed and gave him a look. She wasn’t something to be objectified in a magazine. She was…well she’s just Dani and now I’m going to be kicking myself forever for fucking this up.







The ONE girl I honestly like, the one I’d seriously could see myself with practically throws herself at me and what do I do? I get freaked and pull away how fucked is that?







“I don’t know Alex she’s…”







“She’s what? Come on man it’s not like she’s the end all be all of women. There are plenty others out there.”







I don’t want anyone else…whoa where did that thought come from? I have never EVER thought that way about any woman in my past. Fuck not even Mandy and I had that sort of connection where I’d want to give up other women or the possibility of other women. That alone…is insane by itself. Does it mean that I’m ready to settle down with one woman?







That could be the case, but whatever it is, it’s getting stronger all the time.








**********************************************************************************************************************








Two weeks… two long arduous and awkward weeks.







She hasn’t spoken to me except for chitchat. Fuck I hate this. All I want is to just to speak to her, tell her how I feel. I see her standing there talking to Howie and finally I think it’s time to talk to her about this.







I’ve waited two weeks to acknowledge that night and not once had she. She seemed to act as if I were invisible only recognizing my presence when forced.







In all actuality I’ve had to restrain myself from just breaking down and throwing her against a wall and ravishing her. The way she dresses, it’s comfortable jeans and tee-shirts mostly but stylish and it accents every curve…shit I just all flustered and turned on just by thinking about how clothes cling to her. I can’t even imagine what it would be like to be with her. I mean yeah we kissed, made out even but to seriously HAVE her? Damn might as well die right here.







Being around her is intoxicating in itself. Her perfume, light and completely girly yet not annoying and floral.







“Dude quit being a pussy and just talk to her.” AJ said patting me on the shoulder.







I took a deep breath and looked in her direction and made eye contact. Moments later I was in front of her, “Dani can I talk to you?”







She looked up at me a little surprised at my presence but nodded and stood excusing herself from her conversation with Howie.







It was now or never…literally. I needed to say all the things I had to say or I’d never get on a level playing field with her. And I’d never get another opportunity like this. I had to jump on it while I still could didn’t I?