- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone! Sorry it's taken me so long to update, been kinda busy trying to work on some other stories, hopefully soon I'll be getting out another AS chapter and maybe some UIA if all goes to plan and I get some good inspiration. Anyways let me know what you guys all think ok?

Chapter Seven: 99 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall…

 

 

Man…I haven’t been wasted in a long time. And honestly it feels good to let go for once. I think it’s all AJ’s fault. Ever since he got sober he seems to like to get me drunk and then laugh at the stupid shit I do.

 

 

For instance this morning I’m waking up with a girl in my bed. Whose name I can’t remember. Nice, I know right?

 

 

I get out of bed as quietly as I can and throw on a pair of boxers and she rolls over and groans. “What happened last night?” I hear her mutter incoherently.

 

 

“Don’t ask me…” I responded to her obviously rhetorical question.

 

 

 

She jumped and clutched the sheets to her and replied, “Oh my God…I…you…”

 

 

I chuckled at her surprise a bit though it hurt my head to do so. “Yeah…I know the feeling.”

 

 

“God my fiancé is going to kill me.” She sighed putting her head into her hands. I knew that feeling all too well myself. Not the fiancé part, but the cheating part.

 

 

“Well umm the best thing for you to do is to just tell him you made a mistake. You know be honest with him and yourself.” I explained tentatively placing my hand on her shoulder. She looked up and grinned.

 

 

“Thanks umm I should probably go, you probably want some alone time.” She said seeming to know the score.

 

 

I sighed, I really didn’t want to be an ass like I used to be to groupies in the morning. “Take your time take a shower if you need then I’ll take you back to your room.”

 

 

“What?” She asked in disbelief.

 

 

“Yeah I’m not that much of an asshole, if you need a shower take one. Its not like I’m going anywhere for an hour.”

 

 

She grinned and nodded, “It’s okay I think I’ll just go back to my room myself.” She said slipping on her clothes from the night before.

 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

 

“Yeah thank you for the offer though. You’re sweet.” She said giving me a kiss on the cheek before walking out. Honestly that was one of the first exchanges the morning after with a groupie that didn’t end in crying or a ‘call me’.

 

 

Marley came in about 5 minutes later with a smirk on her face.

 

 

“What?!” I asked toweling my head off from my quick shower.

 

 

“Fucking groupies is NOT going to get you far with Dani you realize this?”

 

 

I sighed and went back into the bathroom throwing on a clean pair of jeans and a tee-shirt. “And your point? She doesn’t want me Mar okay? End of story.”

 

 

“Yeah and her reaction to you making out with the blonde girl last night was a clear indication of that.”

 

 

I shot her a glance and asked what she meant by that.

 

 

“Well she looked disgusted but tried to play it off. So I asked her what her problem was. And she said…”

 

 

“It’s just he says he wants one thing then he goes and does that.” Danica retorted motioning to the scene by the bar.

 

 

Marley laughed a little, “You’re kidding me right? He’s crazy about you.”

 

 

“Great way of showing it…”

 

 

“Well maybe he’s trying to move on since you shot him down.”

 

 

“And that’s how I explained it to her. I mean come on you’re human you can't become celibate for something you’re not even getting.”

 

 

I sighed in frustration, “I respect her and it’s been well never since I’ve felt that for a woman besides you Mar. I respect her but I want her too.”

 

 

She grinned, “I know just give it time… And in the mean time, it did make her a little jealous if that helps.”

 

 

I grinned and tossed a pillow at her. It did feel good to hear that she felt a little jealous that I’d given attention to someone else.

 

 

**********************************************************************

 

 

 

 

 

I walked into the green room seeing Dani bent over one of her black camera cases putting her lenses away. “Hey will you hand me my f2.8?” She asked not even looking to who she was talking to. I picked up the rather impressive lens and set it in her hand.

 

 

“How much that beauty set you back…” I remarked making her jump and turn around.

 

 

“Oh its you.” She said with a little more disdain in her voice than I would have liked.

 

 

“Why so glum? I thought we were friends?” I asked innocently.

 

 

She sighed and looked up at me being only about 3 inches shorter she shook her head. “You say that you’ve grown up. That you want things to be different in your life and then you go and fuck the first thing that catches your eye.”

 

 

I had to laugh at her. “You sound a little jealous.”

 

 

“No, just disappointed. I don’t know why I expected more out of you but I did and you failed miserably.”

 

 

“Why because I moved on? I can’t pine away for someone forever and never get anywhere. It’s not right, and its not fair.”

 

 

She sighed. “Can we just stop fighting?” She relented with a grimace. “I don’t want to fight with you and since we’ve let things get awkward between us that’s all we seem to do is fight.”

 

 

I nodded, honestly I’d rather have her as a friend then have my feelings for her fuck any future I have with her. Maybe it’s just better if we stay friends. I know it’s going to be the most difficult thing to do. To hold my feelings at bay. But if that means I get to see her smile…learn her secrets…see her when her guard is down then it’s worth it.

 

 

Right?

 

 

“Nick you like to zone on me don’t you?” She asked as she zipped up her camera bag.

 

 

I shook my head and chuckled, “Well at least you know that you make me think.” I replied.

 

 

She brushed her long brown hair out of her face and took a breath. “You’re a strange man Nick Carter.” She said with a broad grin and a light chuckle.

 

 

I laughed with her, watching her eyes as she laughed harder.

 

 

I helped her carry her three camera bags and geez they’re heavy as all hell. I know she’s got at least four camera bodies and a full set of lenses. And then a whole bunch of memory cards probably chalk full of pictures.

 

 

After helping her with everything back to the hotel I sat in my room for a long time. The other night with that girl had been fun….maybe I should indulge a little more…

 

 

 

**************************************************************************

 

 

I laughed and swayed a little from the couple of beers I had in my system already. I almost forgot how much I loved hanging out with Howie. The man is an instigator I swear. Not only are we judges at an impromptu wet tee-shirt contest, he’s now got one of the most smoking girls in the room headed over to me.

 

 

I swear Leigh did something to him to make him more evil. Honestly over the years he must have been plotting because lately man oh man has he been pulling off prank after prank. Worse than I ever did too.

 

 

I watched the people in the club, girls in skimpy clothes a lot of which were sitting around me all waiting for me to pick one for the night, maybe two, maybe three but from the looks on their faces they all wanted me to choose and choose quick. Maybe it was the alcohol in me or maybe it was just that I was tired of being so obsessed with Dani that I was seriously considering taking some of them with me to forget about her for the night. But maybe it was just the loneliness starting to get to me.

 

 

When you’re on the road it’s easy to get lonely. City after city, same people you see every day all paired off leaving me alone in my single-ness. But whatever it was it made me choose a cute red-head to share my bed for the night.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you all enjoyed let me know what ya'll thought ok?