- Text Size +
"Your kind is not welcome here. I suggest you remove yourself or be removed." The Big Vampire growled as he guarded the club door.

"Am I supposed to be frightened? Of you? I'm stronger and more powerful than you could ever be, What I suggest is you step aside."

"Brent, let's just get out of here." a young pale boy with blond messy hair spoke softly, timid of the two big men growling to each other.

Another man, walked to the door "Are we having a problem?" he looked at the bouncer before looking over at the two standing waiting to get into the hottest underground club of the night walkers. The man snarled at the sight of the two "Are you lost?"

"We are not lost. We want in." Brent the older boy threw attitude.

"Your clan isn't welcome here. And you know it."

"When will your kind ever get it through your heads, we are rulers of you and you should bow down?" Brent hissed.

"I don't bow down to NO ONE!" the bouncer's fangs were shown as his face turned. His movements were fast but not fast enough. Brent broke the neck of the bigger man, before stabbing him in the heart with his wooden stake, The other bouncer watched with fire in his eyes.

"BRENT!" the younger boy yelled in horror.

"Let's go Aaron." Brent grabbed the younger boy and walked off while the other man watched them leave.

Brent and Aaron hopped into the black Prowler "Brent, what did you do? You know you can't just.."

"That's enough Aaron, you don't know of what you speak." he started the car.

"I know that vampire's aren't supposed to kill each other." Aaron threw attitude back.

"You don't speak of what happened this night to anyone. And I mean ANYONE Aaron." Brent stared into the boy.

Aaron stared back trying to not show he was scared "I will not speak of this night."

*****

"Please, let me go with you." Sabri begged.

"I told you, I want you to keep out of my business life. Why don't you go check out Sunset Blvd. Most people who come to L.A. can't wait to check it out." Alex suggested.

She sighed "Yeah, whatever." Sabri turned away from her cousin, to run up the stairs once again .

Sabri slammed her bedroom door just like a temperamental teenager "Why is it that he treats me like I'm some child? When he use to be my equal! I'm no more than three years younger." she screamed. She paced the floor with full anger and frustration thanks to her cousin. "What is so freakin secretive about his 'Business life' like he's in the fucking mob or something." She vented to no one.

Sabri plopped on her bed with a loud sigh "I'm so BORED!" she yelled with anger at the word bored. Tired of being locked in the house and under supervision. After her last adventure Alex made sure someone was around at all times, making sure Sabri didn't get into anything she shouldn't.

Sabri hopped off the bed and went to the closet, grabbed her black form fitting leather jacket and slipped on her favorite knee high black hiking boots, she laced them all the way up when she finished with lacing them up she dropped her flair faded jean pant legs. Jumping up and down to make sure they were lose from the boots. She looked at herself in the mirror, Smiling mischievously "Mmhmm, I am looking good, Trouble here I come." she smirked as she headed for the window. She walked out onto her personal balcony and checked her surroundings for anything that will get her down. "Nothing. Anyone ever hear of trees?" She sighed with determination. She walked back into the bedroom.

Sabri decided to take her chance with sneaking pass the lackey Alex left behind, as she walked quietly down the staircase she heard nothing, thinking she maybe clear for the door but had a feeling it wasn't going to be that easy. She paused and waited for her breathing to come back to normal, her nerves were not going to screw this up. Just as she paused she heard a snarl, she froze.

"Billy, you animal." A girl giggled.

Sabri rolled her eyes 'Billy getting his jollies as he's supposed to be keeping an eye on me, good guard Alex, you really pick the winners. What am I talking about? THANK YOU for Billy." Sabri smiled to herself as she hurried to the door, opening it slowly and sneaking out without a sound.

She took a deep breath of fresh air as she ran down the road, hoping for someone to give her a ride to town.

****

"Hey little man, what's up, where've you been?" Nick asked his younger brother.

"No where, why?" He asked paranoid.

"No reason, just making conversation. You okay Aaron? Have you feed tonight?" Nick's brow creased in question.

"I've feed, nothing is wrong. If anything is wrong around here it's you. Father has been more testy since your last meeting. Why do you disrespect our father so?" Aaron turned the subject against his older brother.

"I love our Father, I do not respect what he does, It's none of your business of what goes between Father and I, your two young to understand." Nick began to exit the room, before leaving the room he stopped to turn back at his brother who stared at him hurt. "Someday you will understand."

"I'm not a child! You can't treat me like a child anymore Nickloas! If you don't want to be the next King than maybe I will be!" Aaron hissed back.

"I'll be saddened if that day may come. For I will have to look at you the way I look at our Father." Nick left the room. He walked out of the house accepting the cool night air hitting his pale skin, he closed his eyes and inhaled the fresh air.

"You plan on going off tonight dear cousin?"

Nick opened his eyes "Brian, you know it's not smart to sneak up on someone, especially when they've been on edge from another family squabble."

"I'll make sure to raise a ruckus next time. You avoiding my question?" Brian smirked.

Nick smiled "Yes."

"Would you care for company on this journey?"

Nick said no words, just a simple nod to let his cousin know he would like his company. They both headed for the shiny black Escalade. Nick taking the driver seat, he said no words for the rest of the ride, blocking his thoughts so Brian couldn't come in. He needed to just escape tonight, no more worries of what he may have to do later.

"Where shall we venture to this night?" Brian asked curious.

"Where ever we end up." Nick answered. As he continued to drive Brian tried his best to ask for what his cousin is burden with. But Nick gave him no answers.

Nick parked outside the brick building, the sign in deep red "The Under World" Brian's eyes widened "Prince Nickolas do you feel this is wise?" Brian asked skittish.

"Relax dear cousin."

"Relax? My Prince I realize you have a yearn to live dangerously, be free from our king but, must I be involved?"

Nickolas glared at his cousin "Run home my friend."

Brian smiles in thanks before running off into the darkness. Nick walks into the night club of his rivals and makes his place in the dark corner. He has been watched ever since he entered, he was surprised he was let in so easily, bringing him to be more aware of his surroundings and the vampires around him. He knew he wasn't wanted there, but, he didn't want to be anywhere else.

Nick watched the dance floor, the movements the dancers made were almost hypnotizing, he blinked and continued to scan the room. His senses picked up someone new, he scanned toward the door, and spotted someone he hasn't seen before. "She doesn't look to be our kind, how did a mortal get pass the door man?" he thought. He watched her, he was intrigued by her movements, her confidence, and her freedom.

****

Sabri walked into the club, she licked her lips and smiled at the men looking at her with hungry eyes. More hungry than she realized, She strolled over to the bar, Sabri leaned up against the black top bar and smiled at the man behind the counter, his hair slicked back in a low pony tail, dark black hair shaved nicely around his mouth, deep brown eyes looking back at her "Do you think it's smart for you to be here?"

She looked at him confused "I don't see why not."

He looked up and over her shoulder, his demeanor changed from warm to closed off, he just looked straight ahead, she looked at him strangely before looking over her own shoulder to see who was coming towards her, she sighed "Why me, is the world against me?"

"Sabri what are you doing here?"

"Look I don't know what Alex told you, or why you are like his little dog who does all he asks, but I'm an adult, I have every right to be here. So, you can just.."

"I think you have it all wrong." Kevin grabbed her arm roughly, staring her down with his cat like eyes.

"LET ME GO!" She did her best to get out of his grasp.

"Is there a problem here?" Nick butted in, knowing he should have ignored the struggle between the vampire and mortal, though something pulled at him to step in.

Kevin looked over at Nick, his frustration with Sabri turned to anger towards the tall blond man who over stepped his boundaries "YOU could be the problem, if you don't remove yourself from this club. Your kind isn't welcome here." he snarled.

"And her kind is?" Nick growled back, stepping closer to Kevin to show he wasn't backing down.

Sabri was frightened of both men, and even more confused with their conversation back and forth "Kevin Let Me GO!" she tried to get out of his grasp once more, hoping his attention would be on the other man, but it didn't work.

"Let her go Kevin, And escort the Carter boy out." Alex ordered.

Kevin let go of Sabri's arm, she rubbed her now beat red arm, trying to bring circulation back to it. Kevin stepped to grab Nick but Nick moved away with angry eyes. "I know my way." Nick clinched his teeth making his jaw line be more define, shoulders back and eyes peering into Kevin.

Sabri watched him give into her cousin, as he took a step away he looked over at her he locked eyes with her for what felt like eternity, his ocean blue eyes, not like any other she's seen before, he had such beautiful eyes, she was losing herself in them. "Carter, you were going." Alex's voice was stern almost losing control, breaking the eye contact between Nick and Sabri.

Nick walked away, out of the club and back into the night. Leaving Sabri to defend for herself, Alex looked at his cousin and she stared back into his eyes, making sure he knew she wasn't backing down, not allowing him to command her like he controls those who work for him.

"If you want to be here, you will be working." Alex spoke in control, realizing Sabri wouldn't be giving up, so he gave a little.

"I could use a job." She responded.

"Howie, you need help tonight?" Alex raised his voice as he still looked at Sabri.

"Sure thang, I could always use a hand." Howie answered as he poured another drink.

"You will be working for me now Sabri, any odd job or fill in I need here you will be doing. Let that not confuse you with what you are here for, Don't get mixed up with any of the people who come here, You work, you go home. This is not where you meet people. You understand?" Alex's voice went back to being stern.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes as she took off her leather jacket and tossed it behind the bar counter and made herself comfortable behind the bar.

Alex watched her for a moment before looking over at Howie, Sabri didn't hear anything but, something was said between the two, as if they could read each others thoughts. Howie nodded and Alex walked away.