- Text Size +
Sabri followed Alex down the long staircase, “Where are you going?”

“We have business tonight..” He turned around quickly, having to catch Sabri from falling down the stairs, she wasn’t use to his fast movements. “I need you to stay here. Promise me Sabri. Promise me you won’t leave this house.”

She looked him in the eye, she could see he was serious and worried. She gave him a weak smile, “I promise Alex, I won’t leave the house tonight.”

He nodded and turned back to take the last few steps. Sabri stood where she was, now looking down at Alex, Kevin, Howie and the rest of the goons that followed her cousin. She couldn’t help have fear for Alex. He turned around with a smirk, “Everything will be fine Sabri. Enjoy having the house to yourself and don’t worry about me.”

She smiled back, “You really need to stop with that whole mind reading thing. It’s invading privacy Mister.”

He chuckled, “I’ll work on it. Good night Sabri.”

“Nite.” She sighed as she watched the men walk out of the house leaving her all alone.




Nick once again sat on his balcony watching the moon. No longer wishing to live on the moon, now he wish to be anywhere Sabri was. He couldn’t stop thinking about her, he obsessed about her even in his dreams. No woman has ever made him feel so good and so crazy at the same time. He was addicted.

Brian walked into the bed chamber, not seeing his cousin he walked out onto the balcony, knowing he’d be there. “You’ve been more distant than usual.” Brian breaking Nick from his thoughts.

“I don’t mean to be distant cousin.” Nickolas keeping his eyes on the moon.

“It’s a girl isn’t it? You met a girl.” Brian smirked.

Nick smiled before glancing over to his cousin, “You know me too well.”

“Have you fallen in love, my dear cousin?”

“I’m enchanted.” Nick smiled dreamy.

“Do I know this enchantress?” Brian questioned.

Nick became uncomfortable by the question. He decided to avoid the question and change the subject, “I need to ask a favor of you.. I need you to go in my place tonight, at the meeting. Cover for me, I need to see her tonight. Can you do this for me, cousin?”

Brian didn’t like it, but had a hard time saying no, “Just this once, yes I can go in your place.”



He watched the house, lurking in the dark. He moved like a panther stalking it’s prey. The mansion was all lit up that evening with many cars parked out in the drive. He stood near the brick wall that surrounded the mansion, it’s way to secure unwelcomed guests. It didn’t stop Nick from trespassing, he stayed in the shadows quietly spying upon the home of the girl he is infatuated with. The door of the mansion opened, making Nick move back into the shadows.


“Tonight, we only talk. Understand?” Alex spoke to his entourage as they all moved from the mansion to their respectful cars.

“Got it boss.” Kevin responded.

Nick clinched his jaw, he knew they were headed to meet with his family. A ping of guilt washed over him. He watched the cars leave the drive way, leaving the mansion unprotected. Also leaving the young girl he admired unattended. Nick moved closer to the mansion. Peering in the window his eyes laid upon her, she was so beautiful and innocent. She intoxicated him even from this distance. Nick watched her sitting on the sofa reading a magazine while enjoying a bowl of ice cream. Her movements were seductive without even trying, he ached for her. For the first time, he ached for the woman, not the blood.

Nick watched Sabri’s every movement, he studied her for almost an hour before he decided to knock on the door. He feared his vampire ways would come out and she’d catch him peering in the dark. As he knocked on the mansion door he chanted in his head, “Be normal, be normal.”

When Sabri opened the door, she was surprised to find Nick standing there, he gave her a sexy smile. She couldn’t help but smile back for a second before realizing this was all a bad idea, “What are you doing here? If Alex catches you...”

“.. Don’t worry about Alex. I can handle him if necessary. Besides, he should be gone for a few hours.” He leaned in the doorway, waiting for her to invite him in.

Her brow creased, “How do you know where my cousin is?”

“Are you going to leave me standing in your doorway?” He avoided the question.

Sabri noticed Nick avoided the question, and as much as she should get the answer, she was more focused on how much lust was filled in Nick’s eyes. And that smirk, that sexy smirk he was constantly giving her. His words tonight were sensual no matter what was said. He was different tonight. She knew her next step was probably a wrong move, “Come in.” she moved from the doorway allowing him to enter her home.

Nick stepped inside, keeping his eyes on her. “Are you surprised to see me?”

“Yes. Most guys would take it personal if a girl seemed to be avoiding them for three days.” Sabri spoke as she walked away from Nick into the sitting room. Nick followed her, “I’m not most guys.”

She turned to face him and found he was only inches behind her, she gasped as it startled her. Nick bent his head down to her, closing even more space between them. His mouth was close to hers, he sucked in her breath as she quivered. He never touched her, but the power of his presence was enough to make her whole body feel on fire. Her lips parted, wanting him to kiss her. He didn’t move in for the kiss, “Do you want me to leave?” he spoke with full seduction.

“No.” she breathed, before closing the little space between them. Her mouth captured his in a kiss of passion. Her heart beated faster as Nick’s grasp on her tightened. He was aggressive and powerful, taking control of every touch. Sabri felt as if lightening bolts were shooting through her veins. Nick was losing himself in her, he felt the beast taking over. Just before he turned from man to vampire, Nick pulled away from Sabri. Leaving her shocked and confused. He turned his back on her, if he could breath he’d be panting. He mentally pulled himself together as Sabri stood by watching and wondering what just happened.

“Did I do something wrong?” She questioned, her voice soft.

Nick turned around slowly to face her, “No. You could never do wrong.”

She didn’t know what to say, Sabri stood there eyes locked with his. She barely knew this man who stood in front of her, and all she wanted was for him to kiss her again. “Maybe we should go upstairs, I mean, just incase Alex comes home.”

“Maybe you’re right.” He kept her gaze, this time showing no emotion. Sabri walked passed Nick, grabbing his hand to pull him behind her. They climbed the long staircase and made their way down the hallway to her bedroom. She almost hesitated opening the door, but her hormones got the best of her. The two walked into the bedroom. Both all of a sudden feeling awkward and unsure of what to do next.

Sabri sat on the edge of her bed watching Nick stand in the middle of the room. She patted the space next to her, welcoming Nick to sit, “I won’t bite.” she teased.

He smirked, “I might.”

“And I might let you.” She giggled.

The two didn’t waste time and found themselves lip locked once again, this time Sabri was taking control. The two lost themselves in each other and neither felt like fighting it. The night went by fast, Sabri and Nick found themselves holding very little conversation and a lot of making out. The next thing they knew, they were asleep in each others arms and being awoken by a loud knock at Sabri’s bedroom door.

“Sabri, you awake?” Alex called from the other side of the door.

Both shot up out of the bed. “Omg, if he finds you here, we’re both dead.” Sabri yelled in a whisper.
“Nick you have to hide.” She pushed him off the bed and into her closet. Nick tried not to laugh at the situation. He didn’t fear Alex, but knew that Sabri didn’t want either men to be at each others throat. He never imagined himself hiding in a girls closet. He enjoyed the silly situation, it made him feel more like a human than he’s ever felt before. Even though Nick didn’t fear Alex, he did fear Sabri finding out what he really was. It was the only thing he feared these days.

Sabri opened the bedroom door, finding her cousin looking at her confused, “What took you so long?”

“I was in a deep sleep. Thank you for waking me up.” She spoke with sarcasm.

“Sorry. I just wanted to make sure you were okay, before I go to bed.”

“What time is it?” She asked with a yawn.

“Five in the morning.” He answered.

“Did you just get home?” She did everything she could to not think of Nick in her closet.

“No, I’ve been home for a few hours. I think you should stay in the house for a few days. Things are going to get, uh, complicated and I want to keep you from getting mixed up in certain situations.”

Sabri looked at him concerned, “Am I in danger?”

“Not if you stay here.” he spoke honestly.

“Are you in danger?” she was worried, “What happened at your meeting Alex?”

“It’s no concern of yours. Just do as I ask, and everything will be fine. Alright?” He gave her a weak smile.

“Alright.” She wasn’t alright with it, but had a horrible feeling that Alex has a lot of danger coming their way. Sabri wish she could know exactly what was going on.

“You don’t need to know what’s going on Sabri, I know you’re worried. But I promise everything will be fine.” Alex once again reading her mind.

“You know, I hate when you do that. I feel completely exposed, at least give me my thoughts without you invading them, Alex.” Sabri was annoyed.

“I’m sorry. And I’m sorry for waking you. I’ll let you be. Just promise you’ll stay home.”

“I promise.” She sighed. Alex nodded and then walked away. Sabri shut the door leaning against it, she watched the closet door open. Nick gave her a weak smile, “Hey.”

“You probably shouldn’t have heard any of that.. My cousin is going to bed, you can sneak out in a few minutes.” Sabri wasn’t in the mood for any company now. As she spoke she made her way back to her bed.

Nick knew he couldn’t go anywhere, the sun has risen and he was trapped in that mansion until sunset. “How about we spend the day together. Just you and me, here. Alex made you promise to stay home, but didn’t say anything about who you spent your time with while at home.” He gave her that sexy smirk again.

“You’re nothing but trouble.” she chuckled.

“True, and you love it.” he pounced on her, making her fall back onto her bed. She giggled to his kisses on her neck. He pulled away a few seconds later, “So you going to kick me out?”

“Hmm, Should you stay, or should you go? Maybe I should go ask Alex.” She giggled. Nick attacked her with kisses again.

Sabri laughed, “Okay, Okay, I think you should stay.”

Nick placed a kiss to her lips before speaking, “You drive me crazy you know that?”

“That makes us even.” she smiled.