- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wait what's this an ACTUAL CHAPTER?! Holy cow! lol Yes it's true I am BACK! And I'm so glad to be back, I've hated not writing but I took a well needed break. School is awesome, have a 4.0 so far and am very happy with that. Also there maybe a certain story coming back too *glances at Mel* hehe but you'll have to wait and see what exactly we're doing *even smile*. Anyways hope you all enjoy and yes I'm seriously back!
Chapter Eighteen: Turkey Coma

************************************
Alyssa Narrating:

Sometimes I honestly wonder why I miss touring and traveling so much with Nick when we're just chilling at home in LA. But then again it is a lot of fun. Getting to travel all around the world, seeing Europe, Asia, Australia and everywhere in between. It's a whirlwind and if you're not careful you can get caught up and end up getting sick from moving too fast and trying to do too much at a time. That and traveling on planes with all that recycled air doesn't help much either.

Poor Nick he's been dealing with his sinus issues again. It acts up horribly whenever we travel for long periods with several destinations. Every climate change messes with how his sinuses work, more humid climates tend to help relieve his chronic condition, but the dryer climates tend to dry him out nasally as well vocally to the point where he's always drinking water and tea to make sure he stays fully hydrated.

With me my allergies tend to act up from climate to climate, thankfully though their not that bad to where I'm sneezing every two seconds. Nick always makes fun of me whenever I sneeze because my faces scrunches up as everyone elses does but apparently mine is just all the more hilarious. It's really good though to see him laugh. For so long we'd been so dark and down it didn't seem like we'd ever be able to pull through and laugh, smile, kiss or hell even touch let alone make love anymore.

All of which has increased exponentially in chemistry and in passion. His kisses are more passionate, and intense. That and he's much more direct in what he wants sexually which I love. I love it when he tells me what to do, how to position myself and how to move with him to maximize every tingling sensation he can cause to run throughout my body.

I'm finally beginning to find a real ease and comfort with his body and my own that I really have begun to understand exactly what he meant by gaining a deeper level of intimacy that makes everything between us extremely heightened in intensity.

I love it this new level of closeness between us.

It makes me even more excited to begin to plan our future together. I've been reading and researching for weeks all about weddings and all the details going into them. I know it sounds ridiculous and trivial to really get into the details of a wedding but when you think about it, it's the ONE day out of your entire life where you and your man have all of your friends, families and loved ones there to celebrate the love you have between you. Sounds ridiculous I know and even I'll give you cheesed out but at the same time it's wonderful and exciting to say this is what I want to happen the day I marry the man I love.

Honestly I do not know where this totally corny streak is coming from. Maybe it's Nick's doing, he's been so romantic lately. Always doing something to show me that he loves me in words, writing, or even a present that he thought would make me happy. The thing he doesn't get is I don't need things, I always graciously accept anything he wants to give to me of course anything else would be down right rude. But I always let him know that he doesn't need to think he has to give me anything to buy my heart. He has it wholly and completely.

However I think it's really sweet that even after three years together he still wants to spoil me. Hell even in our friendship as I remember he always spoiled me with awesome presents on my birthday and at Christmas once we started getting really close after I turned 16. But then again knowing that he felt something for me even back then makes me think that it was his way of telling me through selfless gestures, not actions or words that he truly cared about me.

It's crazy to think that he cared about me for so long. Especially that everyone saw through both of our facades and wanted us to be happy together. It's insane that even people as close as Kellie, Lori or even crazier Collin could see our true feelings without either of us wanting to admit it to ourselves or even really realize how deep those feelings went.

Looking back I'm truly grateful for what Collin taught me. He was a great boyfriend and an even better friend but he taught me what love is. And it wasn't what I felt with him. It let me grow and become the person I needed to be to fall truly in love with Nick. And for the first time in a long time I don't see his death as such a horrible negative event. Yes it's still negative and was a horrible thing to happen to such a good person, but at the same time...maybe it was just how it was supposed to be. My mom always says that people come and go into our lives for a specific purpose staying for a time, a month, a day, or the whole of our lives and when they're gone they leave an indelible impression on our hearts and our souls to influence our future decisions.

That is the one thing I do still feel bad about. That fact that I let myself cut and get into all of that doesn't speak very highly of the influence that Collin had with me. True it was my way of grieving his death but at the same time it wasn't a smart way to honor his memory by destroying myself. I see that now but of course hindsight is always 20/20.

Looking back at all the things I've seen, done and been through in my lifetime pales in comparison to what some people go through. My father taught me that and at times I forget his wisdom. I still miss him terribly but I also know that he would want me to never hold back my happiness because he isn't here anymore.

Speaking of missing my family. I completely hate the fact that I can't be at home with my family on Thanksgiving. It's coming up relatively soon and it just sucks I can't be there to spend time with my siblings, my future siblings-in-law and my mom. I've grown really close with my mother ever since my father died. I think it's logical in a lot of ways that in losing him, I gained a closeness with my mom that I never had before. I adore my mother, I still adore my father, but it's so different now. I appreciate the moments more. Looking back I can remember him teaching me how to play soccer while my mom watched from the window in the kitchen. It's memories like those that I'll always cherish and hope to make some of my own with children, and hell even Nick's family as well.

I must say taking Aaron under my wing is definitely a bigger challenge than I thought it was going to be. I can understand why now that Kellie broke up with him. He is really not ready for a real and lasting relationship. Aside from the fact that he habitually drinks and smokes pot doesn't exactly make him strong relationship material either.

It hurts to watch him torture himself like he has. I've tried lightly and delicately to approach the situation of his vices and hard partying ways. I know he's not going to change them overnight and even when he does I know like I did he'll have relapses and struggles. And really all Nick or I can do is just be there for him as much as we possibly can to help him pick up the pieces when he finally does come crashing down because inevitably, just as I did, so will he.

But aside from all of that I think he may very well be on his way to possibly seeing the light sooner than that. Our talks range in hours long. He's got a lot of deep seeded issues, even deeper than what Nick has. Nick's major issue is trust. He's always had a major issue about that. He doesn't trust his own mother, women in general. He didn't even trust his own heart and his own feelings for me for the longest time instead finding comfort in other women. It still irks me to this day that he didn't just come out and tell me what he felt and instead went and slept around. I understand why he did it and I've accepted it but I still just don't like the idea of another woman touching him, getting to see what I see.

It's even worse that I still can't believe everything that happened with Emma happened, let alone my own mistake with Brandon. At least with Emma, Nick handled it with class and maturity that I wish I had possessed the night that I nearly destroyed everything Nick and I have together. The act of my own infidelity, while I can't change it and would certainly love to go back and rewrite history. I can't. It happened and even though I've forgiven myself for my own stupidity, it will still always be in the back of my mind of what I almost destroyed.

Sometimes I think Nick is so much stronger than I am. He's always so strong for me whenever I need him. But I'm beginning to let him know that he can rely on me whenever he needs someone to be strong for him. The whole situation with his parents and his siblings is one of those situations. He tries so hard to be a good son, a good brother. Thankfully his siblings, well his sisters at least, seem to honestly appreciate his efforts and try to better themselves at the same time. But his parents, are a completely different story.

Bob well he's much more laid back than Jane. He doesn't seem to really care what his kids do as long as they're happy. Great idea in theory but as I always say, communism is also a great idea in theory too but in practice both always come up with negative side effects do to differing circumstances in this imperfect world.

Then there's Jane. She's a right foul piece of work sometimes. Other times she shows this side of her that makes you forget all the bullshit she's ever pulled on you. It's so sad that Nick doesn't have that closeness with her that I know he craves so much. He's got such an enormously good heart and all it does is get him in trouble with her. Honestly I don't really blame him for cutting ties with her. When Nick and I do have children someday I would like her to be a part of their lives but with serious boundaries. Sadly I don't think that will be able to come to pass for quite some time.

Who knows but one can always hope for a better tomorrow and make the best out of today.

End Narration.
************************************

"I can't believe it's already almost Thanksgiving." Kellie said as she looked over her sketches for ideas for the boys wardrobe. She looked over at Alyssa who was busily making notes of things she liked or didn't out of several bridal magazines to discuss with Mindy the wedding planner that she'd decided on going to.

"Huh?" She said looking up once she felt eyes on her. She noticed Kellie's grin and she rolled her eyes. "What sorry, I'm just really excited now that we set a date I'm trying to get everything in line and ready as far as what I want and everything you know? It'll make it easier on me to get ideas of what I'm looking for ahead of time so I can just tell Mindy to do it."

Kellie giggled at her, "Look at you Miss Blushing Bride."

Alyssa rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at her. "I'm not kidding it's hard work! I'm so used to reading literature or anything like that so Bridal magazines? It's not easy to get into when I'm like OOH PRETTY! Every two seconds." She admitted as she went back to looking over the magazine full of ideas for spring weddings.

"It's ok to admit that you're excited about getting married. Hell if Alex asked me to marry him I'd probably get so excited that I'd elope. As long as you and Lori and my grandmother and Alex's mom is there I'm cool."

"Ooo met the folks already?"

"Yes, he wanted to let her know that we're expecting and I had met her not long into the relationship. Just because it was the first night I'd spent at his place and she surprised him with starbucks and bagels."

"Ooh what did she say about you?"

"Denise is really great, she's extremely excited to be a grandma. He and his mom are super close, which I really like it says so much about how much he respects women in general. And his stepsister and step dad are really awesome. They are so kind and have really welcomed me."

"Wow I wish I got a reception like that into Nick's family."

Kellie giggled and patted her friend's hand. "You have his siblings that adore you. And hey Bob really likes you too so there's an upside. I mean I haven't even met Alex's real dad because they're not really close at all so at least you have that much support on his side of the family. It's really only Jane that doesn't approve."

"Yeah I know and that's what I really wanted you know. For things to get better with him and her. It sucks that he can't have a strong relationship with her. And he really tried but I guess she just can't do it without wanting to control his every decision. I'm just glad we have my family too and they love Nick and his sibs. Which is going to totally suck that Nick and I can't be there this year. His siblings are even going to be with my family and we have to miss it for stupid work."

"Yeah I completely know what you mean. I've actually been delaying the impending dread of Alex meeting my parents in Bel Air."

"I'm sure that's going to go over well. You being with Mr. Tattoo boy." Alyssa retorted.

"Yeah we'll see about that. I'm not very close with my parents as you know so really it's more like they'll get a birth announcement."

Alyssa gave her a look and patted her on her hand. "Maybe this will bring you closer to your parents."

"It might but I'm not counting on it." Kellie replied as she turned back to her sketches. A moment later AJ and Nick came walking in discussing rather animatedly. Both men stopped as they laid eyes on both their women in Nick's suite.

"Hey Kel I didn't know you were gonna be in here?" AJ remarked pulling up a chair next to her at the table and kissing her temple. Kellie grinned and looked over at Alyssa who had barely noticed the guys coming in as she took notes on floral arrangements.

"Uh Liss you alive over there?" Kellie asked with a snarky grin.

Nick rolled his eyes and pulled up a chair taking her magazine from her. "Wait hey!" She exclaimed.

He grinned at her keeping it from her grabbing hands. "So what is it today. Color coordination or ooh flowers!" He replied jokingly.

Alyssa smacked the back of his head as she grabbed the magazine back. "Ass. I really don't know why I'm marrying you sometimes." She teased back mocking a serious face as she set the magazine back on the table.

"Because the sex is really good?" Kellie postulated with a knowing grin.

Alyssa's stoicism broke for a second in favor of a grin. "Eh sex is overrated." She shot back.

"Bite your tongue." Nick added pinching her side for good measure.

"If I did that you'd be sad." She retorted giggling slightly. Nick rolled his eyes and kissed her softly.

Kellie bit the inside of her cheek to hold back the snicker that threatened to emanate from her throat. "You two are disgusting." She said smirking. Alyssa broke the kiss and grinned turning to her friend and sticking her tongue out at her. "Don't you stick your tongue out at me." Kellie chided motheringly.

Alyssa giggled, "As I remember you kinda liked it!"

Kellie rolled her eyes and laughed a little, "We're so never living that down are we?"

AJ chuckled and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Could always do it again?" He offered with a cheeky grin.

Both women and Nick shot him a glance. "Hell no you are so not touching my woman!" Nick said with a jealous look on his face.

Alyssa gave him a sympathetic look and kissed his cheek, "Don't worry I'd have to agree to it and so would Kel and from the looks of it...uh dream on Alexander."

AJ pouted for a second and Kellie glared at him, "Wipe that pout off your face if you ever want to have sex again." She retorted making his back straight and his expression sober.

Nick grinned at the two of them, "Yeah man be careful what you say she's pregnant and hormonal, you're lucky if she doesn't castrate you."

"Hey now my woman is hornier than I was at 14 and not all prudey."

Alyssa's back straightened, "I was NOT all prudey! Just we had zilch for privacy what with the proverbial revolving door we had installed letting all our families come stay whenever they decided to show up. Plus he was a little busy recording and I was working so everytime we even had time to have sex we'd fall asleep or I wouldn't be in the mood when he would be or vice versa." Alyssa explained beginning to ramble.

"How can you not be in the mood?" Kellie scoffed, "Hell it's like 24/7 hormones over here it's rather frustrating."

"You still have your bunny though don't you?" Alyssa replied with a curious grin. Kellie's eyes widened and she blushed. "I'm guessing Alex knows then?"

"Knows that she's a sex toy freak? Yeah thanks to yours and Lori's influence we have a whole drawer at home full of them." AJ explained making them all chuckle a little.

"Speaking of home is there any way we could make it to Arizona in time for Thanksgiving?" Alyssa asked turning her attention to Nick giving him a pleading glance.

Nick shook his head, "I'm really sorry baby. There's just too much we have going on to make it all the way there have dinner and make it all the way back in time for the next show we're doing. It'd be next to impossible to pull it off." He replied giving her a sympathetic look. He saw Alyssa's face fall and a sigh escape her mouth. She quickly turned back to the magazine not wanting to revel much longer in her own disappointment at not being able to spend the biggest family holiday of the year next to Christmas with her own family.

"So where are we going for thanksgiving dinner tomorrow night?" Kellie asked.

"I have no idea Brian had suggested a restaurant not far from the hotel but I'm almost at the point where I just wanna call in for roomservice." Nick said still a little disappointed himself. He knew Alyssa wanted to be with their families at this time of year and it hurt him a little that he couldn't be there either. But at the same time he was happy that she elected to stay with him instead of flying out by herself to spend it with her family. But what if he could bring their family to them? He knew they'd never be able to all fly out in time so maybe using technology they each had at their fingertips would allow them to still interact somewhat with their loved ones.

*********************************************
Nick Narrating:

So I feel terrible. I know I probably shouldn't feel all that bad but I do. After all it's the beginning of the holiday season and we should be at home with our families. Our siblings and Mary.

I know I shouldn't feel bad but I miss them, miss hanging out with them. Jamie's growing up so fast and seeing my own siblings grow as adults would be nice too. Which I have to say is why I am slightly upset that I can't go. My own siblings are going to be there. I've been worried about Aaron he's been going through so much lately. I am really glad though, that Alyssa's been trying to help him get through things.

Lord knows that she's been through quite enough to know that certain activities just aren't worth it to lose yourself in. But at the same time I know he's not really listening to her fully. Sounds ridiculous but I know my brother he's a stubborn lil shit. Always has been. I think he gets it from our mom at least I think we all get that from her. One of the few things I'll admit to getting from her.

I worry about him, honestly I'm his older brother it's my job isn't it? Lord knows my parents don't worry much about him. I know dad does sometimes when ever it's convenient for him. Mom's too absorbed into her own life and drama to really see past anything going wrong with her baby besides a dwindling bank account.

It really saddens me that I don't get to see much of my family. My siblings I can see a lot more now that we're all closer. I love that Mike and Les are getting married they need that stability in each other. That and it allows Les and I to really relate even more than just on a musical level. Since we're both getting married she's been really close by always wanting to know how things are going with Alyssa. Come to think of it everyone we know is like that. Especially since last July. Even Olivia and Angela are like that and really we all should have been more focused on them. Hell since their attack I know Alyssa's been extremely concerned for her sister. Even through every thing Alyssa still cares more about her family than anything else in this world. And luckily she considers me to be a part of that family as her best friend and fiancé.

I know it's crazy to think that we're getting married. Everything surrounding that seems completely surreal. Me, the consummate bachelor married? Craziness right there. I know it sounds trite or even cliché but honestly I never really saw myself as the marrying type. Until my relationship with her. I know I had said when I was with Paris that I could see myself marrying her. Believe me I had to have been drunk or something for me to even think that back then but at the time in my life I was craving stability, what I thought I'd found in her but I was so completely wrong. The stability I was looking for was right smack dab in front of me.

I know they always say hindsight is always 20/20 and all but looking back I can't believe how stubborn I was to try so hard to hide my feelings for her. Hell I don't even know how my will power lasted that long. It makes me think of how I could have screwed things up so many times over by hurting her in our relationship. Like with the whole Emma situation. I could have done what I was so tempted to do. Could have ruined everything I worked so hard to build with Alyssa. But at the same time I think the one thing that stopped me from doing it was the fact that I love her. As much as that makes me a total chick for saying so it was that one complex emotion that stopped me from hurting her.

It used to really scare me how much potential I saw with her. Like when we were friends it would scare the crap out of me that I could just sit and daydream about what our life would be like. I didn't want to be thinking about my best friend that way let alone even imagine myself in a monogamous committed relationship. I know I was the classic paradox, I wanted to fall in love, really in love, but I didn't want it to mean the end of my freedom the end of all the fun things that are around when you're single.

And look at me now...completely whipped for one woman? Hell if the 22 year old me saw myself today I swear I'd point and laugh and call myself a pussy. But secretly isn't that what everyone wants deep down? To find someone that you just can be completely comfortable with, be yourself around and want to spend all your time with them. I may have tried to deny it for what seemed like forever but I guess my heart finally kicked my mind's ass. Which shouldn't be too hard of a feat if you believe the dumb blonde theory of me.

Sometimes it drives me nuts when I say something stupid or something that doesn't quite make sense to other people. I have this tendency to talk in circles that makes absolute perfect sense to me but to most people it makes no sense whatsoever. Thankfully Ali knows my weird logic and often heads it off with her own ideas. I don't get what it is about how much my life has changed in the past few years, I've been through things that happen to a lot of people, miscarriage, the death of a child, falling out with my parents, and growing closer to my siblings. It's strange how everything comes full circle and yet, the one person I feared that wouldn't be there with me still is right by my side.

And at the same time everything that has gone wrong seems to balance with all the things that are right in my life. Alyssa and I are at the closest we've ever been which is amazing in an of itself. Also the band is amazing. I can't begin to really ever appreciate those guys enough for being there and being my family over the years. And even though it's really weird without Kevin I understand why he left the band.

If Noah had survived and was in the hospital for months at a time. I would have quit too, just to make sure I could be there for everything and not miss his recovery if there had been one. I guess that's why I threw myself into the album as much as possible after his death. To make it mean something to me, that it was really time well spent since it was away from a lot of the people that I love. Almost losing everything in my life, my fiancée, my son, my career...it really puts everything into perspective for me to the point where I appreciate everything that much more. Which is why it really irks me to no end that I don't have a good relationship with my parents. My dad on one hand he and I have never really had much of a problem with each other. Ever since I turned 18 he's always kind of been the much more laid back of the two and didn't really care what I did as long as I was happy. Which in a way is awesome, but at the same time at his influence I got into a lot of behaviors that I wish I hadn't. Partying and women being the main two.

Granted I don't really regret anything I've ever done as far as the choices I've made in my life. But there are sometimes when I look back and I go ‘wow I should have treated her better' about certain girls I'd met along the way. Amanda in particular, we were so stupid about our relationship that I'm really glad that now we're able to actually sit and talk like normal adults and not reminisce and get caught up in old feelings that weren't even all that genuine to begin with.

At the same time, I do regret not having a better relationship with my mom. It sucks that she's so goddamn difficult when it comes to any sort of relationship that I try to have with her. It really hurt that she tried so hard to force Alyssa to break up with me by driving her crazy. I realize that in her warped logic she wants what she thinks is best for me but if she had her way I'd be married to Paris and have like three kids already. Something more of a merger type of a marriage where there's more emphasis on the collective money involved than any romantic entanglement.

I do hope that someday my mother does come around and see how happy Alyssa makes me and how happy we are together. When we do try to have children again I would like her to be involved in their lives as a grandmother. But at the same time I'm not going to hold my breath that magically she's going to change overnight from what she's been for much of my life. I can remember back to when I was a kid and she'd cook for the whole family. She was always happiest then when the family was all together. But soon after I started getting into music and everything changed. I know that Aaron blames himself for the demise of our family but really if he has anyone to blame it's me. I wanted to become a singer so desperately that mom and dad were willing to give up everything to help me achieve that. I feel like maybe it is all my fault that I brought fame into our family and ultimately that's what broke us up.

This of course would be the time when Ali would smack me upside my head and then hug me telling me to never blame myself for following my dreams and that it was my parents and not me that ruined my family. Have to hand it to the girl she's right but that doesn't ever keep that gnawing feeling on my heart that I could have prevented all of it by not wanting to be a singer, by just wanting to be a normal kid with normal problems and a normal life.

Like what Ali had growing up. She had two loving parents, siblings that she's extremely close with and a close extended family in Ginny, Marc and E. Which brings me to my plan. I already called and set everything up with Clark for a special treat for Alyssa late tomorrow night after we go to dinner with the band. When it's time for thanksgiving dinner in Arizona where our families are going to be Clark is going to set up his laptop so we can video conference with the whole family. Alyssa has no idea that I'm planning this and I think she'll find it a nice surprise. I know how bummed she is about not seeing her family at this time of year and really as I previously stated so am I. So...what greater way than to bring our families to us than with the power of technology? Yeah I thought it was a pretty great idea myself. That way she and I can see and talk to all our closest relatives. Because isn't that what this time of year is all about? Being with family and the ones you love and really appreciating what you have because there's always someone else out there that isn't as lucky as you are.

At least that's what I've begun to believe.

End Narration.
*********************************************

The next evening...

Alyssa stood on her tip toes in the bright fluorescent lights of the hotel suite's massive bathroom and carefully applied her eye shadow lightly, studying her reflection in the mirror. She grinned hearing Nick's dress loafers swish against the heated marble tile as he came up behind her pulling himself to sit on the counter top watching her as she finished up her light makeup. With an expectant look she glanced over at him, "What?" She asked while she applied some light lip gloss over the top of her light pink stained lips.

Nick leaned back against the cold glass of the mirror and just watched her contentedly for a few moments loving how meticulously she put herself together for the evening making it look effortless when really he knew it was anything but. "I kinda like watching you get ready for a night out." He admitted shrugging slightly.

Alyssa grinned wider and raised her perfectly arched eyebrows in surprise. "Really?" She wondered, is that all he'd come into the bathroom for? To bug her as she made herself feel presentable next to the other girlfriend/wife/fiancé of the other members of the band. She hated to admit it but she did like to make herself feel beautiful especially if they were going out on the town where they were certain to get stopped by fans. Call it vanity but she expected herself to always look her best when they went out in public together.

He nodded and continued to watch her as she put in her earrings three in each ear finding it slightly hot that she took such pride in herself and how she looked that she'd take the extra time and effort to look even more beautiful for him. "Yeah I mean it's really kind of sweet you try to look good even though you don't have to try."

Alyssa shook her head and touseled her hair in front of the mirror. "I guess I just want to look appropriate I guess." She admitted, she didn't want to go into much detail as to the fact that she wanted to be the perfect girl for him in everyway and if that meant sometimes she had to go the extra mile to look good then she would.

Nick saw right through her cool collected exterior and decided to question her a little. "Appropriate for what? Dating me?" He asked with one eyebrow arched questioningly.

She shrugged, "I guess, I mean you're into girly girls I guess I'm just trying to fit the type." She explained. Nick shook his head completely astonished that she was really just trying to fit the type of girl he was so accustomed to being with. Didn't she know that he hated those girls? The ones that took hours upon hours to get ready for a night out and they'd end up being late to wherever he'd decided to take them for the evening? He gathered his thoughts and stood a moment later standing behind her wrapping his arms around her waist. She looked up in the mirror seeing his face just beside hers. "What?"

"I'm not into girly girls. I'm into you...in shorts, slacks, dresses, and whatever else you want to wear or not wear. I don't want anyone else but you." He explained. "All the other girls before you...including Amanda, Sue, Paris, any of them I thought I really cared about them and I may have cared but I didn't love them. At least not how I love you okay? So please don't even think you can compare yourself to them."

Alyssa nodded, "I'm not so much comparing myself to them as just wanting to make sure you always remember why you chose me. I want to look good for you is that so bad?"

He grinned and kissed her shoulder through the fabric of her long sleeve black dress that went to her mid calf and hugged her curves like a second skin. "No it's not bad, I just don't want you think you have some standard to live up to. I love you just as much in the morning with your hair going every which way and no makeup on as much as right now."

She smiled at him and rested her head against his jaw. "You're such a sap but I love you too." She replied. He left the bathroom a moment later dropping a kiss to her shoulder before doing so. She emerged a few moments later slipping on her low black pumps and slipped her arm through his as they left the comfort and privacy of their hotel suite for the night. They walked quietly to the elevator; once inside Nick leaned against the wall glancing at his watch trying to gauge how much time they had until they had to be back at the hotel for what he had planned. "Got a hot date?" Alyssa chided jokingly noticing his impatient tick of looking at his watch.

He snorted slightly and shook his head, "Yep right here." He replied giving her a cheesy grin for good measure. "No just I have something planned for late tonight for just the two of us." He said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively hoping that would keep her curiosity of what it was at bay for the time being if he made her think it was somehow related to sex.

"Ohh am I going to need extra energy for this? Should I load up on caffeine and sugar?" She shot back chuckling at his suggestiveness.

"Yes most definitely energy is required, wouldn't want you falling asleep especially with the props I picked out."

"Props like what?" Alyssa asked grinning widely. "Fun ones I hope?"

"Nope sorry they were all out of the fun ones, just got the mediocre ones for tonight." He replied sarcastically. Alyssa rolled her eyes and smacked his arm.

"Meanie head." She scoffed pouting at him, "Now come on I'm all excited to know what you did for us tonight."

"Patience sugar. You'll see." He grinned at her and laced their fingers as the doors dinged signifying they'd reached the lobby. They both walked out seeing Howie and Leigh standing over near the couches towards the front entrance. Leigh was busily chattering on her cell phone probably with her family or going over last minute wedding plans since it was just a few days away from their wedding. Nick smiled to himself studying the floor for a moment as they made they're way over to them thinking about how everything for his own wedding was starting to take shape as well. "Ya'll ready to go?" Nick asked as they stood just about a foot away from Howie and Leigh.

Howie looked up from where he was seated on a couch waiting for the others to show up. "As soon as B and Alex get their asses down here we can go."

"Kellie's probably on dress number five by now in about 5 minutes she'll decide on dress number one that she picked out well over an hour ago." Alyssa mused making the four of them chuckle just as Leigh shut her cell phone.

"She's pregnant we can cut her a little slack." Leigh said joining Howie on the couch.

Nick pulled himself to sit in an overstuffed armchair. Alyssa grinned and sat on the arm of the chair putting her hand on the opposite end on the back of the chair for balance. "Yeah but she's like this pregnant or not, it's just worse now because she's got a bun in the oven." She joked back.

A few moments later Brian and Leighanne along with Baylee came walking up to join them in the small sitting area. "So Alyssa are you all excited you two finally set a date?" Leighanne asked with a wide grin.

Alyssa nodded, "Yeah I am, it's kind of fun planning everything out. It's not going to be some real conservative church wedding although that's what I'm sure my family would want. But I just want to make it fun for all of our friends and family and definitely one hell of a party." She replied as she felt a hand on her shoulder turning she saw Kellie standing there with AJ.

"Hey loser." Kellie said with a snarky grin.

"Brat." Alyssa joked back giving her a hug. "So we all ready?" She asked turning to the group. Everyone nodded and got up from their seats ready to hit the town and celebrate the holiday with each other as a family.

Later on...

"Okay so best thanksgiving moment?" Leigh asked as they all went around the table regaling each other with memories of holidays past with each other and with their respective families.

Alyssa swirled her chardonnay in her wine glass as she mulled over her thoughts trying to pick a personal favorite holiday moment. "Thanksgiving 2004. My dad and I stayed up all night getting everything ready for the next day, making pies from scratch, cookies, brownies, then marinating the turkey and getting all the side dishes pre-done so all we had to do was reheat everything in the oven the next day while we cooked the turkey. It was so much fun. Nick was talking with Clark and they'd come into the kitchen everytime we'd break out a pie or something that smelled really good from the oven. I'd have to smack them and shoo them away so we'd actually have a dinner for the next day. I actually threatened to put a padlock on the refrigerator." She recalled giggling a little bit tipsy from the wine.

"You remember all that?" Nick asked taking her hand in his. It had only been three years since that time but to recall a memory so vividly made him smile and simultaneously feel bad that it had been Jamie's last thanksgiving with the family. It was a bittersweet memory to think of in so many ways.

Alyssa nodded, "Yeah whenever I really miss my Dad I think back to that night and I laugh, it was one of the really great times he and I had you know?"

"How's your mom and siblings been?" Howie asked trying to shift to a less intense topic. Every single one at that table had gone through the grieving process when Jamie had passed away, even though they didn't even really get the chance to know him all that well he'd still welcomed all of them into his home and his family treating them as if they were his sons, his brothers his family as he had done with Nick so many years before.

"Olivia and Angie are doing better, the invitro finally worked so Angie's pregnant. It only took them months of shots and finding a sperm donor to do it but I'm so excited for them after all they've been through this year with the attack and everything they really deserve this."

"That's so cool you're going to have two little ones to spoil now aside from lil Jamie." Kellie remarked rubbing her hand over her swelling abdomen.

Alyssa grinned at her, "I'm so looking forward to it too. Olivia's going to be such an awesome mom. It's going to be interesting to see if they get a boy or a girl. I personally am hoping for a girl since we already have Jamie or hell a little boy would be cute as hell too." She beamed as she discussed the topic of her possible niece or nephew.

"So Nick best thanksgiving memory?" Leigh asked turning the topic back to it's original spot.

Nick chewed the inside of his cheek for a moment and looked at Alyssa. "Last year, we had both our families at our house in LA. It was the first thanksgiving where we were in charge and it was really cool we did the tradition of staying up the night before getting everything ready for the next day and really it came out great we kept alcohol out of it so no fights broke out between any of the siblings and it was just a really nice calm day for everyone."

"Okay so worst food you've ever had at Thanksgiving?" Alyssa asked leaning back in her chair relaxing into it and intertwining her fingers with Nick's.

"Mutton. I had no idea it was lamb but ew never again." Nick said wrinkling his nose.

"That's only because we were in France for the holiday and we were bored and wanting to get Nicky back for all the torture he'd put us through throughout the tour so we all told him it was French steak." Howie explained.

Alyssa giggled a little, "Well baby then I think you had that one coming then. I've heard tales of his pranks over the years, and I don't know how you didn't kill him for half the crap he pulled on all of you guys. Kevin, in particular, some of the tricks you pulled honey were just mean."

Nick shrugged giving her an impish grin, "But it was fun at the time and hey I got a good laugh out of it."

"Hence why you were pushed out of the dressing room in your underwear back when you were a teenager." Alyssa countered making Nick blush and snicker.

"Yeah that was embarrassing to say the least." He admitted laughing.

Alyssa grinned and listened to everyone elses' stories about pranks past and memorable holidays. She sighed a little looking down at her fingers for a moment and to the diamond on her left ring finger. Everything she'd sacrificed for their relationship it wasn't much after all was it? She still had her career and her family. It disappointed her that she couldn't see them on this holiday but look at all the others she had with them. She grinned a little at the thought of seeing them at Christmas time. It had gotten easier since the first holiday season without her father being there yet they'd all carried on the traditions that he'd instilled in all of them from when they were children. Nick glanced over at her noticing her pensive far away expression. He squeezed her hand gently bringing her out of her silent reverie. "Yeah?" She asked meeting his concerned gaze with an expectant glance.

"You all right?" Nick asked cocking his head to the side and rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand. Alyssa turned to him and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Can we get out of here soon?" She asked looking up at him. He grinned and broke the grasp on her hand to pat her knee.

"Yeah in a bit you getting tired?"

"A little."

He grinned and kissed her temple. "Order some coffee it's really important that you stay awake tonight."

Alyssa snickered a little, "Some how I think you'll keep me fully occupied." She shot back with a sarcastic grin.

Late that night...


Nick broke the kiss for just a moment glancing at his watch for what seemed the millionth time that night. Alyssa breathed in heavily readjusting herself on the couch. For the past nearly half an hour since they'd returned to their suite they'd sat on the sofa in the sitting room just making out like horny teenagers. "Nick why do you keep looking at your watch? What waiting until I fall asleep so you can sneak out to hang with your groupies?" She chided with a grin.

He sighed and gave her a look. "No, just trying to time things out perfectly."

"So when is this surprise supposed to begin?"

"In about ten minutes. Why don't you go get ready for bed."

"That would require nudity...Is that a problem?" She asked giving him a suggestive glance. He groaned and rolled his eyes pulling her back into a kiss. She moved back just as their lips met, "What about the surprise?"

"It can wait a minute" He muttered as he pressed his mouth to hers again. His hand stayed at the back of her neck cradling the crook between her head and neck as they kissed each other passionately. Alyssa pulled herself over to sit on his lap pushing his body into the armrest of the couch which he'd been sitting with his back against it. She moved her hands up his shoulders to his neck then to the back of his head tangling her fingers in his short hair. Nick shuddered feeling her nails gently scrape against his scalp and then felt a strange vibration coming from his pant's pocket.

Alyssa broke the kiss giggling, "Now I had no idea it did that? Damn when did you learn to make it vibrate?" She asked shaking as she erupted in laughter.

He thought for a moment, "That's not me it's my phone..." He said chuckling at her as he pushed her off his lap so he could reach his pocket.

"Damn I was gonna say why haven't you done that before...could be fun." She remarked as he checked his messages he saw the text from Olivia and got up.

"Okay wait right here." He said going over to the desk and grabbing his laptop. Alyssa gave him a strange look as she tucked her legs underneath her and relaxed against the back of the couch. He sat down pulling her close as he laid the laptop between their two laps. "Okay it's not porn I promise."

Alyssa grinned and snapped her fingers in a swoosh motion in front of her. "Damn and I was hoping for a hot donkey show."

Nick wrinkled his nose and chuckled, "You can have that later." He retorted wiggling his eyebrows.

"Okay if you're referring to yourself as the donkey then you really are a jackass." She shot back as he opened the computer turning it on from it's sleeping state. He pulled up his instant messenger and clicked on his webcam. A moment later an instant message popped up asking if he wanted to video conference. He clicked okay and Alyssa gave him a strange look then looked back to the monitor as he clicked it to go full screen seeing Olivia and Angela sitting there with Jamie who was growing like a weed for being only about 18 months old.

Alyssa's eyes widened as she saw everyone else gather around them. Her siblings, Nick's, her mother, and her grandmother as well as her aunt and uncle all cramming in close to all see the monitor and for everyone to see everything as well as be seen. "Jamie...look whose on the computer..." Olivia directed her nephew to look at the screen as soon as he saw his Aunt and Uncle's smiling faces he grinned widely.

"Aunt Awi and Unca Nick!!!" Jamie shrieked seeing her sitting there on the computer monitor.

"Hey munchkin!" Alyssa beamed, "Hey everyone what's going on?"

Olivia grinned, "Oh Nick didn't tell you did he?" She said as everyone smiled. "He was telling us how much you were missing all of us and well...this was his brilliant plan. So happy thanksgiving sis." Olivia replied.

Alyssa smiled and gave Nick a kiss on the cheek making a collective snicker ring out from the laptop. Alyssa rolled her eyes, "Okay now that I didn't miss." She joked. "How is everyone? Mom? Nana? Clark? Everyone?"

"I'm good darlin'." Mary replied grinning letting everyone else reply as well. "Hows Germany?"

"Cold!! I miss Arizona I was freezing my butt off tonight at the restaurant." She replied giggling a little still a bit tipsy from dinner and the earlier makeout session.

Clark grinned at his sister and looked to Nick, "So when are you guys going to be back in LA?"

"Should be next week for a few days then we have Howie's wedding in Orlando."

"Wow never would have thought Howie was the marrying type." Olivia added.

"Yeah you've met Leigh though she's awesome. Kellie's doing really well by the way Lori." Alyssa responded.

"Speaking of weddings..." Ginny started.

"When's yours?" Elettra added.

"And whose the maid of honor and best man?" Leslie continued in the barrage of questions.

Alyssa grinned and chuckled leaning her head on his shoulder and played with his fingers. "Well... wedding is May 16th, we're going to Hawaii for it. So we're getting there the morning of the 15th and having a party that night before the wedding and it's a formal party so nice clothes are a must Aaron Charles." Alyssa admonished making him roll his eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at her. We're serious suit and jacket." Nick added reinforcing what Alyssa had said.

Alyssa grinned and squeezed Nick's thigh lightly, "As far as best man and maid of honor we haven't thought about it yet, but I promise we will. It's a tough decision for both of us since we have so many people in our lives that we're really close with." She explained giving as diplomatic of an answer as she could muster.

"So how was your thanksgiving it must be really late over there?" Elettra asked with a concerned grin. "You two are eating enough and getting rest right? I don't want to hear about you two getting sick!" She said in her best protective tone of voice.

"With Nick's chronic sinus issues and my horrid immune system? I'm surprised I haven't gotten pneumonia yet." Alyssa joked.

"Alyssa Mackenzie." Her mother chided. "Don't joke about that."

Alyssa's expression softened, "Relax momma seriously all is well at Camp Backstreet I suspect we're making lanyards tomorrow before the nature hike!" She retorted sarcastically reminded her mom of how she sounded like a parent concerned about a child away at summer camp.

Nick snickered, "Seriously Mary everything's going good right now. Ali's been working and planning the wedding as well as shopping with Kellie and I've well be working my butt off as usual. We can't wait to see you guys at Christmas." He beamed happily.

"It's really late over there and we need to be sitting down to dinner..." Angel suggested wanting to let her brother have some alone time with his fiancée. "I'm sure you both are going to be busy tomorrow."

"Yeah but I'll call mom in the morning your time to see how everyone is I promise!" Alyssa replied as they bid everyone farewell staying on for just a few moments to talk with Olivia and Clark respectively.

After Nick shut the computer down he turned to her and grinned, "Good thanksgiving?" He asked with an impish grin.

Alyssa grinned and moved to cuddle against his chest. "Yes I loved it thank you so much baby for letting me get to talk to them. It lessened the severity of being away from everyone this year. Thank you really it made my night."

Nick grinned and stood taking her hand, "Well don't say that just yet...the night's still young..." He said suggestively leading her into the bedroom.

"My, my Mr. Carter are you trying to seduce me?" She asked grinning like an idiot.

"Yes, yes I am..." He said as he pulled her in close claiming her mouth in a sultry kiss.

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you so much for reading! Hope to have more to ya'll soon!