- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Woo another chapter!
Chapter Eight: Unmistakable

**************************
Nick Narrating:

This is completely wonderful. Wonderful and amazing. I know that this is just exactly how I want the rest of my life to be. True it’s not perfect…but damn it comes close. We’re laying here just, laying here afterwards. She’s just laying across my chest and the room is completely silent. It’s times like this that make me love that sometimes we don’t need to talk. We talk all the time but sometimes we just know that silence is better.

I love that she loved the album. Even better she loves the songs that I wrote with the others. It gives me a real sense of accomplishment knowing that she’s proud of me, proud of the work I’ve done. And that in and of itself gives me the confidence to not even care what people think about it.

Everything is just so different now. I feel so close to her which is really amazing to begin with, but the sex on top of that connection we have going on? Hell that’s incredible. It’s helped me see that she really and truly is the one for me. I know I know stop with all the mushy talk.

But come on…for a while there I was scared that she might not be the girl I’d hoped she would be. It drives me crazy when I have those feelings of doubt. I shouldn’t really doubt our relationship, my feelings for her. I should be more sure of my feelings, I am more sure now…realizing that even through temptation of another woman I still won’t stray from her says something doesn’t it?

Granted I haven’t really seen Emma much except for a few things with the restaurant. I just can’t believe I let myself even get tempted by her in the first place. She’s strikingly beautiful yeah but hell put her next to Alyssa? My girl wins everytime. Alyssa’s skin is much softer looking I think and she doesn’t need as much makeup as Emma seems to think she does.

Seeing Alyssa roll out of bed in the morning, hair all messed up, no makeup on. She’s just beautiful. Inside and out. Her personality and everything just works so perfectly with mine how could I ever imagine falling for someone other than her?

I know before we ever got together I was so determined to prove that I didn’t love her, that I couldn’t possibly be in love with my best friend. Lot of good that did. Every woman just kept proving over and over how much better Alyssa was for me than any of them. Even the good relationships that I had with the more normal girls. It scared the hell out of me, knowing that I could be so much closer to her than any other woman.

But now it doesn’t scare me at all. Actually I want to be closer to her than anyone else. Now I’m on my way to a radio show. The first interview by myself in what seems like forever since the first season of HOC. This season though…is gonna be really rough to watch. Seeing Ali pregnant. Even though it was only for the first two months or so that she actually knew she was pregnant, it’s still going to be extremely difficult for her to watch. Hell I’m going to have a hard time watching as well.

It will be interesting though to see the change from the first season to now. How my siblings have grown and changed. Aaron most definitely has grown up a lot thankfully and finally has his head on straight for the most part. Beej is finally realizing that she doesn’t need to torture herself about our parent’s divorce. If our parents were going to be so selfish as to have five kids and then put us through the hell we went through then fuck them. I still have somewhat of a relationship with my father. But as for my mother… I want nothing to do with her. Hell I don’t even want to invite her to the wedding at all. I know I probably will have to just to be polite but I don’t want to be polite. She’s just ugh, she tried to destroy everything, whether she did it intentionally or not she really hurt me. And even worse she hurt Alyssa. Treating her with such disrespect, stressing her out to the point it was driving us both crazy. I didn’t see it beforehand and I really should have. Maybe it would have prevented all that tragedy that occurred.

I miss the early months of her pregnancy. When we were just so deliriously happy to be having a baby. When nothing else mattered but the fact that we were beginning a family together. I know now that we weren’t meant to have a family yet. That we just weren’t ready, the timing was off everything was. We were both so consumed with everything, our families, our careers. When we really should have just focused on each other and our own family. I know it’s hard to look back and see everything so clearly.

As they say hindsight’s always 20/20. It’s hard to not dwell on the things that have happened in the past. Losing him will always hurt, I know that now, but at least Alyssa and I have begun to Find complete comfort in each other and the fact that we really do love each other, as much as our actions from January to August have contradicted us.

End Narration.
**************************

“Everyone welcome Nick Carter to the show!” The DJ announced with a grin hearing the screams of the various young women in the studio room.

Nick laughed and took a seat putting on the headphones, “Morning…” He replied with a wide grin.

“So, you’ve been in the tabloids a lot this year.” Nick snickered at the comment and let the DJ kept going on. “You and your fiancé Alyssa right?”

“Yeah unfortunately with the paparazzi around it doesn’t give us much time alone to plan the wedding let alone deal with all the crap that’s going on.”

“Anyways, we’ll get to the tabloid stuff in a moment, tell me about the album.”

“Well we started recording it after Kevin decided to step down out of the group. And we’re just really super proud of it.”

“What’s your favorite track?”

Nick thought for a moment and grinned, “Unmistakable.”

The female DJ grinned and asked, “Why is that?” She asked sort of flirtatiously.

Nick sighed and gathered his thoughts for a moment before beginning his explanation. There were a few explanations as to why that was his favorite. “Well for a lot of reasons. It’s a great song number one. It’s just got the classic harmonies that we’ve always been known for, and the lyrics are really amazing. And lastly because it reminds me of Ali.” He answered hearing a collective “awww” ring throughout the room. He chuckled and continued, “She and I were friends for years before we ever started dating. We both tried to prove that we didn’t care about the other as much as we really do. Like in the lyrics its about finding the right person to spend the rest of your life with and how uncertain it all is until you find them.”

“So do you think you have found the right person?”

“Hell yeah…we went through absolute hell this year, and we’re stronger than ever. She’s listening to this right now, and yeah it’s been really good now that we’re getting back on track with our relationship. Everyone knows we lost our son in July and it completely destroyed the both of us but we’re getting through it.”

“When are you two getting married?”

“That is the question we’ve just started really talking about, we’re thinking January or May, whichever fits better. Personally I’d go for January because we have a bit of down time before the tour, it’d at least give us time for a week honeymoon before the tour starts in February.” He explained.

“Honeymoon eh? So you’ve been known for bedding some pretty smoking hot chicks over the years, Willa Ford, and Paris Hilton, Ashlee Simpson…playboy bunnies and even a pussycat doll.”

“I don’t think Paris really should be in the ‘hot’ ex-girlfriends category.”

“Really why?”

“She’s just not a beautiful person on the inside and it makes her really hollow and not that appealing. I know it sounds like a bitter ex talking but honestly she treated Ali like total crap when she first met her and Alyssa was extremely polite to her.”

“They met?”

Nick nodded, “Oh yeah, Ali and I were roommates for a while before we ever hooked up and so I introduced them and Ali goes up and extends her hand and goes ‘Hi it’s so nice to meet you’ and Paris looked at her as if she had two heads. It should have been my first indication that she wasn’t going to be a good relationship candidate right there.”

“Maybe she viewed Alyssa as a threat.”

“Most of my girlfriends did. They saw her and were like you LIVE together?!”

The male dj laughed hard and replied, “So how hard was it for you to not totally violate her?”

Nick laughed, “A ton of willpower that’s for sure. Really I respect Alyssa, she works her ass off for everything she’s achieved so it’s hard not to respect that. That and she’s never asked anything of me except to just be there for her and she’s always been there for me.”

“Was it ever difficult to trust her?”

“No not at all. She’s a genuine person and doesn’t lie much if at all. The only thing she’s ever really lied to me about was her feelings for me but she did that with good reason. Neither of us could ever really be honest with each other about that because I know I was afraid she’d just laugh in my face. She’d been known for dating the smart athletic guy and here I am the musician who’s not exactly skinny. Yeah I’ve gotten in shape but throughout most of our friendship I didn’t exactly lead a very healthy life.”

“So what does Alyssa think of the new album?”

“She loves it. The guys and I we asked all our women over to the studio in LA and we ambushed them with the album. She was shocked and loved it. It gave me a really good feeling of pride knowing that she and the others really enjoyed listening to it.”

“Okay so she was on the new season of HOC that’s starting in three weeks. What are we going to see?”

“Well you’ll see us and the siblings. All the drama that happened pretty much and you’ll see her when she was pregnant. I’m sure it’s going to be really hard to watch it knowing all that happened after the show stopped taping.”

“We heard that your mother is making an appearance on the show.”

Nick sighed, “Unfortunately yes, I tried to start a relationship with my mom. Not having a good one for so long had made me want to rebuild it and it’s just hard because obviously she’s not mature enough to not want to screw me over for her own personal gain. At least I have my siblings and Alyssa’s family around. Without them I don’t know what I would do.”

That night…

Nick rubbed his fingers over her arm lightly as she shuddered and smiled at him. “You’re mean.”

“Who me?” He asked with a surprised grin. He loved that they were just comfortable lying there not a care in the world. He took her hand bringing it up and brushed his fingers over her fingertips. “I love you.” He remarked making her grin at him.

“I love you too. It’s a little crazy you know…how we got back here.”

Nick gave her a confused look wondering what she was getting at. He knew it was about they’re new attitude toward their relationship and more specifically sex. He looked down at her body briefly seeing the white hotel sheet wrapped firmly around her naked form. He smirked and began grabbing at it. “It maybe crazy but somethings never change.” He said as she pulled away giggling.

“Nick come on I’m just not completely comfortable being naked in front of you.” She replied. He finally discarded the sheet and rolled her onto her back looking down at her.

“Why? I’ve seen and tasted everything so it’s not like there’s gonna be a huge shock.” He quipped back letting his hands drift over her hips and up her sides.

She sighed and relented letting him look. She blushed a little when he pulled back looking at her fully. Alyssa sat up at that moment and didn’t hide herself as she looked at his face. “You know I love this new you. You’re so comfortable with yourself. With me.” She said running her fingers through his hair making him close his eyes momentarily just reveling in her touch.

“How can I not be relaxed with you, you’ve seen me at my worst. I’ve seen you at yours. I love that you’re modest about your body but when we’re alone…like this don’t be okay? Believe me I love everything I see.” He explained leaning in and kissing her neck. “It’s a part of what I love about you is that I know every inch of you…what it does when I kiss you here…” He added kissing her pulse point making her take a sharp breath. He smirked against her skin and pulled back. “See, I know what reaction I’ll get from nearly every inch of you.”

She grinned watched his eyes darken with lust. She leaned over pressing her mouth to his in a sweet but heated kiss. She broke it a moment later and sighed, “How can I get that knowledgeable with you? It’s not easy you know.”

“I know and it’s okay. It doesn’t have to be easy. I just want you to be at ease, you don’t have to try to satisfy me you know. It’s actually pretty easy.”

“Men…”

“Yeah we’re an easy sort. Give me you in anything clothing or naked and I’m ready to go.”

Alyssa giggled and moved to sit closer to him her knees at his hip and his knee at her hip as they sat both naked in the hotel bed. “Women are a little more complicated I guess. At least I know I am. It takes a bit more for me sometimes to get off than you do. But I still really want to be the fantasy I guess.”

Nick’s eye brows raised in surprise at her admission. “The fantasy? Like perfect girlfriend type?”

“Yeah I guess.” She explained. “I just know that if I do things right and keep you satisfied you’re not going to go find it someplace else. I mean look at what happened, the minute we started not screwing around as much you were tempted by Emma.”

Nick sighed and looked away for a moment, “Yeah because she represented the woman I missed. You the woman I see right here in front of me. I missed you so much. And she was so much like you.”

“Am I blonde?”

“No personality wise. She is gorgeous I’ll grant you that but I’m sorry she doesn’t compare to you. You have my heart.”

Alyssa’s expression softened and she moved to hug him. He held her body to his rubbing his hands up and down her bare back. “I love you so much.” Alyssa whispered clinging to him.

He grinned and pulled her back a little. “Why do you think I couldn’t kiss her when she tried to kiss me? Because I thought of you. If I didn’t care about you so much believe me I would have fucked up and slept with her, but then again I wouldn’t have asked you to marry me either. You know how I proclaim that I don’t believe in marriage.”

“Yeah…makes me wonder why you’re so eager to marry me.”

“Because I know it’ll work with you. You make me into something better, a better man.” Nick explained making her grin at him. He watched her move and straddle his hips as her arms went around his shoulders.

She leaned over and placed a short kiss to his mouth and looked back at him as she pulled away letting one hand drift between them rubbing over his rapidly hardening cock. He shivered and gripped her hips as she positioned him at her opening. With a smirk he gripped her hips and pulled her close letting himself slip inside of her. They both sighed in pleasure as he filled her completely. She closed her eyes and breathed heavly for a few moments gently rocking her hips back and forth. His fingertips danced across the tops of her thighs before going up her sides to cup her breasts as she tugged gently at his hair leaning his head back just so she could lean over to kiss him deeply. She sighed and broke the kiss as he moved his mouth to her neck attacking it with long kisses and short nips. Alyssa groaned and rocked her hips a little harder on to him making him moan against her skin as his thumbs brushed over her nipples. “Nickolas…” She moaned softly her head thrown back in abandonment.

He grinned against her neck feeling her body give over to the attention he was lavishing on her body. Feeling completely in control he rolled them over onto her back moving against her. She moved her hips up with his meeting him thrust for thrust. “Lissa…” He sighed as she brought her knees up to her chest allowing him to slide just that much deeper. He hooked his arm under her knee bringing it up higher everytime he thrust back against her.

Her body writhed beneath him and she clutched at his shoulders feeling the muscles in his back tense and flex as they moved together. Growing slightly impatient she pushed him over with minimal resistance having him lie back against the headboard watching her as she started to ride him. Alyssa moved harder down on to him as she picked up their pace out of pure instinct alone. He watched as she brought them closer and closer to release yet not rushing like she used to. He looked to her face her lips slightly parted, eyes closed as if she were trying to focus solely on how they were making each other feel. “I’m gonna…” She warned feeling the start her orgasm begin to sweep throughout her body.

Nick pulled himself up and kissed her neck then pulled back slightly. “Look at me, I want to see your face when you come.” He said sternly. She opened her eyes and looked at him as she exploded against him. He watched her face seeing her cry out throwing her head back as her body full on shivered and quaked. He felt her walls pulse around him as he rolled them back over against the pillows still moving against her as he felt himself begin to tumble over the edge as well. He moved hard in one final thrust as his body tensed in a delicious lingering orgasm that made his toes numb as he shot his load deep inside her. A moment later he collapsed beside her and breathed heavily as exhaustion began to overcome his senses.






Chapter End Notes:
If you read please let me know what you thought ok? thanks so much!