- Text Size +
Isabel opened her eyes and looked around confused. What had happened? And where is she? She tried to stand up but couldn’t do that. She was tied up in a chair. She tried to move her arms but couldn’t do that without feeling a sharp pain in her left arm. She yelled really loud just to notice that she had something in front of her mouth to stop her screaming. Tears flowed down on her eyes and she was really scared. Suddenly she heard laughing coming out of the other room and started to rebel in the chair. She remembered that Nick was supposed to be in the house too. Where was he now? Tied up in chair too? Then it hit her like a thunderbolt. Tony! Her ex was there and he had hit Nick on the head and left him bleeding in the floor. What had happened? She tried to scream over and over again but no sound come out of her mouth. Laughing coming from the other room had suddenly stopped and now Isabel heard steps coming towards the room she was in. She looked around but couldn’t see anyone until she saw a dark figure standing in the doorway. There was Tony standing like a king. Very satisfied looking.

“Your boyfriend is really nice guy... Too shame he could not be here with us right now.”

Tony took the towel out of Isabel’s mouth and kissed her. Isabel tried to resist but Tony was stronger than her. After the kiss she spit and started to yell.

“You bitch! Where is Nick?! What did you do to him?! Nick, can you hear me? Nick?!”

“Oh, he’s fine. Sitting in the kitchen. Probably hears you but can’t answer right now. He’s been really annoying. Trying to talk with me and even tried to save you. But that was a big mistake which he is going to pay later…”

“Don’t you dare to hurt him! Just let him go, please! He has nothing to do with this. It’s just between you and me, right?”

“Yeah, like I’m going to be so stupid to let him go and get some help. No way!”

“Okay then… HELP! Someone?! HELP US!”

Tony put the towel back in Isabel’s mouth and slapped her in to the face. Her eyes were filled with tears. Isabel looked into Tony’s eyes only to see joy in his eyes.

“You shouldn’t have yelled… Now that guy is going to suffer more… He must really love you to go through all this. It’s shameful thing to get rid off him… Hahhaahh!”

Tony started to laugh like manic and left Isabel alone. Isabel tried to move with the chair but she didn’t stir even a inch. She heard some big blows coming out of the other room and freaked out. That’s where Nick must be. Then she suddenly fell down with the chair and hit her head in table corner. Isabel tried to move but couldn’t do anything. Isabel just lied there and listened shout coming out of the other room. Last thing she heard before felling in a unconscious condition was a gun shot coming from the other room.



***



“Honey..? Scott, I think she’s waking up.. Go get the doctor! Izzy, can you hear me?”

Isabel’s head was killing her. The pain was so bad. She slowly opened her eyes and then closed them again. Why the hell it had to be so bright? She moved her arm and felt something in there. Then she realized it was someone’s hand and she started to smile.

“Nick?” She asked when she opened her eyes again. “Is that you?”

“Oh Izzy! This is Lily,remember me?”

Isabel saw Lily’s face and started to cry. Her friend looked so beautiful and worried at the same time.

“Of course I remember you! Silly girl… Now, could close those damn light for me? They’re killing me.” Isabel left her head and followed Lily when she walked to the door and turned the light off. After that she looked around her but didn’t see anybody else.

Where were everyone? Then she remembered the gun shot and stood up. Isabel rip off the monitors in her and started to walk. After taking few steps she collapse to the floor.

Lily helped her to stood up and put her back to the bed.

“Isabel, you gotta stay in the bed! You were really hurt, please just stay in the bed.”

Lily was crying and yelling Scott to hurry up.

“I can’t… Just lie here… Where is Nick? What happened to him? I gotta go and see him…”

“Isabel… Nick isn’t here anymore…”

“What?! Don’t tell me… Oh please God, don’t tell me he’s dead… He cannot be!”

Isabel started to cry and tried to stood up again. But Lily and Scott put her back to bed again. Scott hugged Isabel and tried to made her relax. Scott had arrived with the doctor to see Isabel being shocked of the news that Nick wasn’t there anymore.

“I’m sorry Izzy.. I didn’t realized… Nick is alive. He’s just in different hospital…”

“He is? Is he okay? I need to talk to him…”

“He is doing fine I think, Brian is calling to the hospital now… But please, stay in the bed and let the doctor take care of you.”

Isabel lie down and let the doctor take a look at her. After several minutes of examination the doctor spoke.

“Miss Borel, do you know what happened to you?”

Isabel shook her head and started to cry. All she remembered was Tony hurting her and that gun shot coming from the other room.

“You had hurt your head really bad and lost lot of blood. Your ex-husband had cut a nasty cut in your arm. You also suffer from broken arm and concussion. You were also raped and tried to strangle. Luckily the police found you and your boyfriend before it was too late. Now, you’ve been in comatose for two days. That’s why you may feel little dizzy when you stood up. That is going to pass in few hours but it’s really important that you do nothing but rest of the next couple days. It means just staying in the bed. If you got nothing to ask I’m going to leave you with your friends…”

The doctor leaved the room left Isabel alone with Lily and Scott. She was confused. She had been in come for two days. She didn’t know what had happened after that gun shot.

“Scott, how the police found us? How did they know where Tony was?”

Scott stood up and went around the room. He stood behind Lily and started to tell how Tony had broke out of the prison and founded out where Isabel lived. The police suspected that someone Isabel’s friend had communicated with Tony when he was in jail. That’s way he founded her so quickly. Scott told Isabel how Tony had hurt Nick and made him listen some ugly things about Isabel’s past. Tony also made Nick to call his friends and told them that he is going to pass the trip to Florida. That made Brian, Howie and AJ really worried because Nick had never pass his trip to Florida where he had born. Scott told how he got a phone call from Brian asking if he had see Nick and Isabel that day. That made both of the man really worried. Nick packing the car and still staying that he isn’t going anywhere. They drove to Isabel’s apartment and noticed some blood in the kitchen floor. That’s when they called to the police and realized what must had happened. The police came and saved Nick first. After that they searched house but did not found Isabel or Tony. They started to look around the land around Isabel’s house and found Tony strangling Isabel near by. Tony had been shot because he hadn’t stopped strangle Isabel when the police come. And after that they had come to the hospital and just wait Isabel to woke up.

“Well I’m awake now. But why Nick isn’t here? I mean, why wouldn’t you tell me how bad he’s hurt?”

“Nick is doing fine.” Brian walked into the room and sat next to Isabel. He took her hand and squeezed it. “He is in NY right now. They had some specialist there so we decided to take him there. We would have took you there too but your friends insist that you stay here. I guess it had something to do with the thing that Scott works here.”

Brian smiled to Lily and Scott and gave Isabel a hug.

“How are you? Leighanne and I had been really worried about you and Nick for these two days…”

“I’m fine now. Feeling little dizzy sometimes but the doctor said it’s going to pass on couple of hours… I just wanna see Nick, that’s all.”

“Well, we have to wait couple of days so you can fly to NY. After that you’re going to see him. I’m sure he’s missing you too…”

“Yeah? That’s good… I’m going to try sleep now, okay..?”

Isabel closed her eyes and smiled. Nick was okay. Now she could sleep and just relax for a while. Her sleep almost 26 hours thanks to the medicine Scott had asked to her.