- Text Size +
After couple of days resting Isabel was good to go home. The doctor had ordered her to take some medicine for the pain. She collected all her stuff and was escorted out by a wheelchair. Outside she looked around and noticed Brian waiving for her. She started to walk towards him and he helped her into the car. Isabel sat down and turned around to see Brian.

“Hey, thanks for driving me to the airport.”

“No problem, you’re sure you don’t need anything from your house..?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just want to go and see Nick.”

The truth was that Isabel wasn’t ready to return her home. She didn’t want to go there where she had been hurt so badly. Besides the police still considered it as a crime scene. Isabel and Brian drove to the airport talking about Brian’s and Leighanne’s new house. They had bought a house from LA and wanted to arrange some party in there. After few minutes they came to the airport and Brian walked Isabel in.

“Well, I guess we see each other after few weeks… Have fun in NY. And remember that AJ or Howie is going to be in the airport waiting for you…”

“Yeah, thanks again for everything. Say hi to Leighanne from me and don’t forget to give Baylee a big hug.”

They hugged each other and after that Brian left. Isabel waited couple of minutes and then headed to catch her flight.



***

“Isabel! Over here!”

Isabel saw AJ standing near doorway whit some other guys. She headed there with her little bag. After hugging and introduced to the others they left the airport. First they drove to their hotel where Isabel changed her clothes. Now wearing a pair of jeans and a warm sweater she was ready to go to the hospital and meet Nick. AJ escort her in to the car and sat next to her into the backseat. His bodyguard was driving. When they reached the hospital Isabel was surprised to see so many paparazzi out there. She looked confused and AJ noticed it.

“They somehow found out that Nick had been hurt really bad. Been in duty for three days now. That’s why we aren’t going inside there. We use the emergency exit to go in. Less paparazzi there but don’t worry, Marcus is a great bodyguard and is here to help you inside. Ready to meet your boyfriend?”



Isabel just nodded when the car braked. Lights were flashing when AJ opened the car door and ran inside. After that Marcus helped Isabel out of the car and escorted her safely inside. Questions like ‘Are you AJ’s girlfriend?’ and ‘Are you here to see Nick?’ were yelled for her but she didn’t care. All she wanted to do is get inside and see Nick. After that hectic moment Isabel was escort in the third floor where she was greeted by Howie and his wife.

“Isabel, good to see that you’re okay! We were really worried about you… Oh, almost forgot. Isabel, this is my wife Leigh. Leigh, this is Isabel. Isabel is Nick’s girlfriend.”

Isabel shook hands with really beautiful woman. She had dark hair and her eyes were emerald green. She smiled when she shook Isabel’s hand.

“I’ve heard so much about you. And those photos you took… Amazing! It’s so nice to meet you although like this…”

“Oh, thank you. Nice to meet you also.” Isabel smiled to Leigh and started to look around. She was nervous to meet Nick. “So, where is he?”

“AJ just went in his room to see if he’s already woke up. He is in room 350, it just around the corner. Oh, and there AJ is! Is he awake?”

“Yeah, I didn’t told him that you were here Isabel. Thought that you wanted to surprise him.” AJ smiled to Isabel and hugged her. “Just go already, I’m sure he’s really anxious to see you.”

Isabel smiled and started to walk towards Nick’s room. She opened the door and was shocked too saw him lying in the bed. His face was swollen and he had a black eye. His body was in bruises and his right arm was in bandages. There were also binding in his chest and a big cut in his right shoulder. There were also some little scratches in his face and body. Isabel started to cry when she walked closer to Nick.

“Oh Nick. I…I… I’m so sorry. Oh, are you okay?” She sat on the bed and squeezed Nick’s hand.

Nick pulled his hand away. “Yeah, I’m fine. What are you doing here?”

“I came to see you. I’ve been so worried about you. I’ve would came earlier but the doctors won’t let me.”

“Yeah? Well maybe you shouldn’t come at all…”

Isabel stood up. “What are you talking about? Of course I came because you’re my boyfriend and I were worried about you!”

“A boyfriend? Right… A boyfriend you just didn’t told how crazy your husband are!”

“Ex-husband! And Tony is death now… I though you would be happy to see me…”

“Doesn’t matter if he were your ex or not. I just can’t believe you lied to me. I mean, you told even Howie and Brian but not me!”

“Nick, I.. I already told you why…”

“Yeah, I remember. The thing is that I would have understand… I love you, but the thing you did… You really broke my heart you know, I thought you would be different. But no, you were just like the others… After my money and stuff like that. I trusted you. But you lied to me! How can I know that all the other things weren’t a lie too? Please Isabel, just go now…”

“But Nick… I love you! And I didn’t lie you! I just didn’t told you about my past…”

“Same thing. Please leave now… I… I don’t wanna see you ever again!”

“Fine! Goodbye Mr. Carter. It was nice to meet you…”

Isabel ran out of the room. She was crying and confused. She ran into the entrance hall where Howie, Leigh and AJ were standing. Isabel dried her tiers and joined the group.

“Isabel, what’s wrong?” Howie asked.

“It’s over between me and Nick.”