- Text Size +
Three weeks later Isabel was back to work. The episode in New York was still in her memory and after explaining what had happened to the others she had flight back to LA. She had stayed with Lily and Scott for couple of days before returning in her own house. While in there she had packed all her and Nick’s stuff and leaved the house. She could not live there anymore. Isabel had leaved the house and had headed to a hotel. After two weeks she had found a new place to live. Now after living week there it almost felt like a home for her. All she needed now was some work to get over Nick. She still missed him and thought him every single day. Isabel left her office and ran into Brian who was just coming in.

“Brian! What are you doing here?” Isabel hugged him.

“Hi! Just came by to see how you’re doing… And to gave you this.” Brian gave Isabel a white envelope and smiled. “It’s a invitation to our barbeque night. We really hope that you could come there…”

“Oh, thank you. Is Nick going to be there?”

“Yes, but he doesn’t know that you’re invited. Please Isabel, just come there. Leighanne misses your company and I’m sure so does anyone else. Besides I saw Nick earlier today and he is really heart broken you know…”

“Well that’s his own fault. But he‘s okay, right?”

“Yeah, he is okay. He just misses you so much and that’s why he gave me this. You should read it…”

“What is this?” Isabel examined a another white envelope.

“Just read it okay? And let me know if you’re coming to the party. Gotta go!”

Brian hugged Isabel and left. Isabel went back to her office and asked Patricia to cancel all her appointments for the rest of the day. She opened Brian’s letter first and smiled when she read the invitation. Maybe Brian was right and she just should go the barbeque night and just have fun. She looked at the envelope that was from Nick. She hesitated for a while before opening it. Inside the envelope there was a letter and a cd.

Isabel left the cd on the desk and started to read the letter.



“Dear Isabel, hope your okay… I heard that you moved out to new house. Hope everything is okay with that too… Damn, this is harder than I thought. You know, writing a song is much easier than this. What I am trying to do here is to tell you how sorry I am. All those things I said back in New York…I really didn’t mean to say them. At the time I was so angry for you. I felt really disappointment with you. I just wish you would had told me about your ex-husband and all those things he did to you. I wished I know because I really wanted to be there for you. I don’t have pity on you, just wanted to be there for you like boyfriend are supposed to be. But I really sucked in that right? Well, I can’t be perfect all the time you know… I just really hope that you can someday forgive me… I still love you… Thinking about you all the time. Can’t get you out of my head. I miss your smile and your eyes. And those lips, damn! You really make me crazy, girl! Listen, I am willing to do anything you want me to do just to get you back in my life! I know some things has to change but really, don’t you think we deserve a second chance? Yeah, I think we do and I know you think so too. There is a cd with this letter. Please listen it. Because my soul in is those songs and those songs are for you and only you…

Hope you understand and for the last time, I’m sorry…

Nick

Ps My number is still the same, just call me okay?

Isabel was crying when she finished reading the letter. She put the cd on the cd player and started to listen the music. Her skin felt shivers when she heard Nick’s voice coming out of the speakers.

“..Who needs the world when I got you
Switch off the sun the stars and the moon
I have all I need inside of this room
Who needs the world when I got you

Oh no no
I walk on the street
Talk in the dark
I see peoples dreams just falling apart
I open my arms
Tried to be true
Seems like my only truth is you
Am I wrong
Or am I right
All I want is you tonight..”

Isabel just sat there when she heard knocking coming from the door. She tried her eyes and went open the door.

”Sorry to bother you Izzy, but these just came…” Patricia was carrying a big bouquet of flowers. ”There’s more outside. Looks like you have a admirer.”

She left the flowers to Isabel’s desk and went outside get more.

”How much more there is?” Isabel asked when she took the card out of the first bouquet.

”Sorry…”

”Maybe three or four more… So who is it? Who is sending all these flowers?”

”Nick is…” Isabel said smiled. She had read the card and went back to her office. She listened the song to the end and when the next song started to play she started to cry again.

"She keeps the secrets in her eyes
She wraps the truth inside her lies
Just when I can't take what she's done to me
She comes to me
And leads me back to paradise

She's so hard to hold
But I can't let go

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane
A reckless ride in the pouring rain
She cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel
She danced away just like a child
She drives me crazy, drives me wild
But I'm helpless when she smiles

Maybe I'd fight it if I could
It hurts so bad, but feels so good
She opens up just like a rose to me
When she's close to me
Anything she asked me to, I would

It's out of control
But I can't let it go

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane
A reckless ride in the pouring rain
She cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel
She danced away just like a child
She drives me crazy, drives me wild
But I'm helpless when she smiles

When she looks at me
I get so weak

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane
A reckless ride in the pouring rain
She cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel
She danced away just like a child
She drives me crazy, drives me wild
But I'm helpless when she smiles..”

Isabel stopped the music player and started to dial a number in her cell. After few minutes she heard someone answering the phone.

”Nick?”
Chapter End Notes:
Songs used in this chapter:
Who needs the world when I got you - Nick Carter
Helpless When She Smiles - Backstreet Boys