- Text Size +
*3 months later*

Isabel was sitting in the livingroom and reading one of the many bridal magazines laying on the coffee table. A notepad and a pencil laying next to her she kept browsing those magazines and making notes everytime she found something that she liked. It was middle of the day and she felt good. She had had terrible morning sickness for a few months now and she was finally getting over it. Being on the second trimester of her pregnancy she felt really good,both äphysically and mentaly.

"Isabel,where are you?" A woman asked.

"Leighanne! I'm in livingroom,come on in!" Isabell yelled and stood up to greet her friend. "Please... Don't tell me you got more of those magazines? I haven't even read these..."

Isabel said and sat down. Leighanne sat next to her and gave him some more bridal magazines. "Sorry,can't help it! It has been so long time and I just love planning weddings!"

"It's okay... It's just that Nick and I aren't going to be married untill the baby is born and grown a little bit. We're talking about 6 to 12 months here..."

"So long!" Leighanne snorted. "But why? Why can't you guys get married before the baby is born?"

"Well,call me selfish... But I really wanna looked good on my wedding dress and with this belly it is impossible." Isabel said and smiled. She put her arms on her baby belly which had started to grow about three weeks ago.

"Now shut up! Your belly isn't that bad. I mean,you barely can tell that your pregnant! Besides you look so glowing and beautyful right now!"

"I kept telling her that. But she still wants to wait before we get married." Nick said and entered the room with Brian. He was carrying a tray with cold ice tea. He sat next to Isabel. "Finding anything nice from those magazines? You know that Nancy wants to know about the colours as soon as possible..."

"Gosh! Why is everybody having so much hurry with the wedding?" Isabel snorted and poured herself a class of ice tea. "I mean,we haven't even decide the time and place yet... I think the colours can wait untill that,right?"

"Of course the colours can wait... And you're right. Maybe we should start to think about the time and place? We can get married everywhere you want to.Even here in our livingroom if you want to..." Nick said and smiled.

"Yeah,and I can be the bestman and take care some of the arrangements... You two just relax." Brian said and smiled with Leighanne.

"Hey,who told you that you can be the bestman? What if I want AJ or Howie to be my bestman?" Nick asked and grinned.

"You do that Frack and you're death! I've been your best friend since the beginning!" Brian shouted and smiled.There was no doubt who would be Nick's bestman.

"Sorry to push you Izzy... But haven't you thought about who should be your maid of honor yet?" Leighanne said and smiled shily.

"Well,actually I have. And I know Lily would appreciate this... So Leighanne,would you be my maid of honor?" Isabel asked and smiled.

"Oh my God! I would love to be your maid of honor!" Leighanne said and hugged Isabel.

They heard the doorbell ringing and Nick shouted that he will open the door. The girls and Brian talked about Isabel's preganancy and their future plans. Few minutes later Nick entered the room looking pale.

"Nick,what is it? Who was that in the door? Nick?" Isabel asked and stood up.

"There are some officer from the navy. They need to talk to you..." Nick said and took Isabel's hand.

"Why they want to talk to me?" Isabel asked but followed Nick to the front door.Two officers with suits were standing there.

"Miss Borel? Miss Isabel Borel?" One of the man asked.

"Yes. That's me. How can I help you?" Isabel asked and shook hands with the men.

"I'm general Jonhston.I'm sorry but I've got some sad news to tell you. I'm sorry to tell you miss,but your brother Anthony Laslo Borel was killed on duty."

"What?" Isabel asked. She thought she had heard him wrong.

"Your brother Anthony Laslo Borel was killed on duty..." Isabel didn't heard the rest. She ran straight to the bathroom and vomited. Few minutes later she heard someone calling her name.

"Isabel,are you okay?" It was Nick who was worried about her. She stood up and opened the bathroom door.

"I'm okay Nick. It's just... I haven't heard of him for years and now they came and told that he's death..." Isabel said and single tear escaped from her eye. Nick wiped it away and hold her close to him.





*Three days later*



Isabel was sitting in the backseat of black SUV. Nick was driving and they were heading to her brother's funeral. She hadn't really cried about the news of her brother's death although she had felt sad for not knowing her brother so well. But as Brian had told her three days earlier,she now had four brothers that would look after her. She smiled a little bit and asked Nick when they would be at their destination.

"Few minutes and we're supposed to be there... Are you sure you wanna do this? I mean,they don't need us to be here. They already have someone to accept the flag..." Nick said.

"I'm fine. And I need to do this..." Isabel said and relaxed a little bit.

Five minutes later they arrived to the cemetery. They were greeted by people Isabel hadn't seen before. They were also escorted to their places by some officers.

"Well,well,well... Look who showed up here..." Isabel heard a familiar voice and stood up. "Aunt Emily." She said.

"Hello Isabel." A old woman with grey hair and green eyes said. "Aren't you going to introduce me to this handsome young man here?" She asked and shook hands with Nick. "I'm sorry for my niece. She's always been a little bit rude.. Gerald! Get your lazy butt over here!" She yelled to a big bald man who was standing a few feet away from them and talking one of the officers.

"I'm coming sweetie. Just making sure that we got what we deserved... Oh,hello Isabel! Nice to meet you!" He said and kissed Isabel on her both cheek. Isabel felt a little dizzy because of the cologne he was wearing.

"Honey,you're okay?" Nick asked and helped Isabel to sit down. "Here,drink this..." He said and gave Isabel a bottle of water.

"Yeah,I'm fine. Felt a little dizzy for a moment. Must've been the heat..." She said and smiled. She drank the water that Nick had gave to him and after that stood up.

"Sorry for that Emily and Gerald..."

"Oh,it's okay Isabel sweetie..." Gerald said and grinned. "So,who is this guy?"

Isabel was shocked of the question but didn't get a change to answer before her aunt interrupt her.

"Oh honey,this is Nick... But I'm sorry,I've must already forget your lastname..." Emily said and gave Nick a sour smile.

"It's Carter." Nick said and pulled Isabel close to him.

"Nick Carter... I'm sure I've heard that before... But Isabel! Oh my God! Don't tell me that you're married!" Her aunt yelled and the look in her eyes changed when she saw the ring. Isabel hide her hands behind her back because she was too familiar with that look in her aunt's eyes. "Not married. Just engaged." Isabel said and gave her a smile.

"Well,gongratulations... But I think we should go now... I mean,they're waiting us to accept the flag. After all,I was your brother's favorite auntie..." Emily said and walked away with Gerald.

"What a horrible lady! And you had to live with her?! Poor baby..." Nick said and kissed Isabel. "You wanna go home or stay here?"

"Stay here... I'm not going to gave her the pleasure of sending me away from here..." Isabel said and sat down. Nick sat next to her and squuezed her hand. They sat like that the whole ceremony. They were the last ones to said goodbye to Anthony.

"Hey bro... It's Izzy. Hope we had knew each other a little bit better. But it's okay. I know how much you hated your life in there... So did I, but I got away from there. It took years but I got away from there. I'm happy Anthony. Tryly happy. I'm having a baby. And getting married too. I'm enjoying my life. Hope you enjoyed your life too. I know you did. Helping the country,that was your dream when we're little..." Isabel said and turned away from the grave. She walked back to car in silence.

"You're okay Iz?" Nick asked.

"Yeah,just little sad. But don't worry... I'll be okay as soon as we're back home." She said and smiled. "Back home where I truly belong..."