- Text Size +

            The cool breeze from the ocean rushed against Brian's face as he stood on the porch watching people run around setting up for the big day. All the major things had been done, leaving seating arrangements as the last task. Brian stood dressed in a white button down shirt, ivory tie and white linen pants. They had agreed to go with the more casual look, since both of them not being fans of dressing up. Nick was in his own little piece of heaven, getting ready, his sisters fussing with him about his hair, 'You would seriously think he was a woman...' Brian thought to himself chuckling. The whole beach gave off the romantic and intimate appeal they were going for. Nick had always wanted to be married on the beach and live off the coast. As part of his desire Brian had moved in with Nick shortly after they started dating way back 2003. His thoughts were interrupted by a hand on his shoulder.

"Need a penny for your thoughts?" the voice said
"Kevin?" Brian turned around, "What are you doing here?"
"Waiting to see my baby cousin get married"
Brian embraced him, "I thought you weren't coming...I thought you hated me"
"I could never hate you, I may not agree with you, but we're blood and that's thicker than anything else"
"Thicker than syrup?"
"Don't be a smart ass"
"I'm so nervous...what if he doesn't say I Do?"
"He will, Nick never backs out of anything"
"Littrell!" the wedding planner called
"Out back!" he responded
The coordinator rushed over to him, "Guest are arriving and it's almost time to start the ceremony"
"Ok" Brian said nervously
"You'll be fine" Kevin said patching shoulder

            Brian stood there watching Kevin walk as he turned his back to the scenery. Close friends, family and a few celebrities were arriving finding their seats amongst the sand covered area. He took one last look before he was started to walk down the steps to greet the guest. Smiling and waving at the guest he made his way to the arch, standing nervously waiting for the ceremony to begin. As on cue, the opening cords of 'Right Here Waiting' started to play as AJ walked out with Nick's sister BJ, Howie with Leslie and Angel with Aaron. Brian swallowed harder as he saw Nick standing a distance down towards the end of the runner. His dad had joined him and slowly they walked down the runner heading towards Brian. Camera flashes went off as well as a round of 'Awe' and 'He looks so lovely' were spoken. Finally Nick was in breathing distance of a now very breathless Brian.

"Who gives this man away?" the judge said
"I do," Bob said giving Nick a soft kiss on his cheek, "Take good care of him Bri"
"I will," he smiled, "You ready?"
"Now and forever" Nick replied
"We are gathered here today to witness a bonding of two men in unconditional love, Brian Thomas Littrell and Nickolas Gene Carter. Whose spirits have found each other through time and now are being joined as one. They have decided to say their own vows, Brian will you please," he said
Brian swallowed feeling tears form in his eyes, "I, Brian Littrell have loved you Nick Carter ever since I met you as a young boy. You were a silly boy, but also a beautiful one. I was the one that taught you how to play basketball. I was there for you for all the problems you were going through. Through the long run you have been there for me by my side. You are the greatest gift any man could ever receive and I am so proud and so honored to have you as my own. I love you so much and more, there's not even a word invented yet to say how I feel. I love everything about you, from you little imperfections to your pranks you pull. Regardless nothing in the world could ever make me feel any other way. There is no one in the world I could ever feel this way about. So I ask you to be my husband, my lover, and my best friend for now on, till death do us part and forever" he choked

            Nick stood there mesmerized by Brian's speech. Tears had begun to fall from his eyes and he tried to wipe them away. AJ leaned over and handed him a handkerchief to dry his eyes. Nick took it and loudly blew his nose, causing laughter of response from the guests. Nick smiled as Brian smiled back, trying to find his own words to speak.

"I do," he finally voiced

            Brian slipped the ring on Nick's finger as Nick starred at it for a few seconds.

"Bri from the first day I saw you, you instantly had my heart. I know I’m not good with words so I’m going to try my best. You have accepted me for who I am, loved me unconditionally with no questions asked, stood by me through bad times, pulled me out of some really bad stuff. But all in all you never complained and I am so grateful that you stood by me as long as you did. I never thought this day would come. I never thought I was going to fall for you, I never thought I'd be standing here ready to bind my forever to you. But I am. If tomorrow never comes, I will always look back on this moment right here, right now. I love you so much baby, my heart beats a million times faster looking into your eyes because I see forever in them. I never knew what love truly was until you came along and now that I know; I will fight through heaven and hell to keep this love we have. But it really boils down to is, will you have me as your husband and as your best friend?"
"Yes I do," Brian responded
"Wow Brian was quicker than you," AJ said snorting
"Shut up," Nick hissed
"Now that these two souls have exchanged their vows, is there anyone who thinks differently about their decision?"

            Nick looked around nervously, hoping no one would voice out against their testament. His eyes landed on Kevin as Kevin starred back at him with a smile on his face.

"Then let it be, I now pronounce you Brian Thomas and Nickolas Gene Carter Littrell. You may kiss your husband"

            They smiled at each other widely as Brian leaned up and wrapped his arms around Nick's neck, passionately kissing him. Nick grabbed Brian and dipped him, causing cheers and applause from the guests. Bringing themselves back to regular standing form, they locked hands and rushed down the runner as guests threw confetti at them. This was the happiest day of Nick's life; a day he never expected that would ever happen. He was finally happy and had gotten the love of his life. They stood around taking pictures for their wedding album, following the photographers annoying orders, while guest partied at the reception. Once the pictures were over with they made their way towards the tent. Nick stopped mid-way placing his hand over his mouth. Brian grew concerned as he stood in front of his now husband.

"What's the matter baby?"
"I think I’m going to be sick" Nick stated

            He let go of Brian's hand and quickly walked off towards some bushes. Leaning over he began to become sick. Brian was right by his side, rubbing his back and Nick violently threw up the contents in his stomach. Once he returned to his normal state, he looked back at Brian with a flush face, tears threatening to spill down his cheeks. He was embarrassed by what had just happen. Brian could sense his frustration as he wiped Nick's mouth.

"Come on baby, there's a party with cake and we're invited!"
"Oh...I so do not want to think about cake right now!"
"Come on"

            They got to the tent entrance as the music died down. Everyone stood up as the DJ picked up his microphone.

"May I introduce our main guest tonight, newlyweds Mr. and Mr. Brian Thomas Carter Littrell!"

            They started to slow dance to their song, the words of Journey's 'Open Arms' filling their ears. Nick smiled from ear to ear as he held onto Brian, the dimmed lights from above reflecting on his face. Nothing could get any better for them right now. All they needed was each other to get through the long days. It took them 3 years to make it to this day and it was long but well worth it 3 years later. Once their song had ended, the music was updated to a faster pace as guests pulled themselves onto the dance floor to enjoy themselves. Nick started dancing with Brian as Kevin approached them.

"That was a beautiful ceremony" he stated
"What are you doing here? Are you trying to ruin the best day of my life!" Nick snapped
"Baby calm down" Brian said
"What is-" he cut himself off, the feeling of being sick again overtook him
Kevin handed him a glasses of champagne, "Are you alright?"
"Yeah, wedding flu, everyone gets it"
"I know, I got it when Kris and I married"
"You never answered my question," Nick stated returning his composure, "What are you doing here?"
"I came here to see you two get married"
"Did it amuse you?"
"Nick stop! He's here to be supportive"
"As oppose to being a normal bastard?"
"I deserve that, look you guys have a great time and enjoy your honey moon"
"Thank you," Brian said
"Why does-"
Brian placed a finger over Nick's lips, "Shh... It’s our day, fuck everything else. Now let’s enjoy this party that's costing me a fortune!"
Nick laughed, "Lets"