- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

                                                

Chapter 10

“Thank you,” she smiled and pressed the button, tossing the phone down. The interview had gone well, she was scheduled for the final face to face interview for next week. She couldn’t believe it, it was actually happening. Hopefully with this last interview, she would be able to leave her current job and go onto something she that she would actually enjoy.

Looking over, she grabbed her cell phone from off of her nightstand and flipped it open, hesitating a moment before pressing a button.

“Yo this is Nick, I’m not able to take your call cause I don’t want to, nah just playin. I’m either out of the US or just busy. Leave me that message and I’ll call ya back as soon as I can. Peace”

Veronica smiled at the new message, waited for the beep and left a quick message before hanging up. For some reason she just couldn’t get past the feeling that whenever she called him she felt like she was being clingy. Maybe she shouldn’t have left a message. Sighing, she stood and headed over to her computer and logged in. A few minutes later she checked her mail and then headed over to some of her regular stops. Not really thinking about what she was doing, she logged into one of the BSB forums she belonged to, scanning through a few different areas. She clicked on the individual threads for each of the guys, looking through at the various threads started. She stopped on Nicks, and was scanning through, when she noticed a new thread titled “Nick’s Girlfriend?”

Swallowing hard, she clicked on the topic and waited for the thread to load, when it did, she found that there were already ten pages of comments. She knew better to look, of course she did, but she couldn’t help it. Looking through, most of them were comments stating that he was most likely seeing someone, but just didn’t want admit it. There were also various comments about him being seen out with a number of different women at clubs and the such. Veronica had to smile, it was exactly as she’d expected.

That said though, she knew it was just the beginning, once he came clean on everything, that’s when it’d all start. The thought of it made her slightly queasy. Signing out and then logging off, she started to get ready for bed, her thoughts still consumed with what she saw on the forum, when her cell phone went off.

She grabbed her phone, flipping it open.

“Hello?”

“Hey you.”

She smiled, “Hey Nick.”

“Hey sweetie, how’s it going? How was your day? Sorry I missed your call, I had a therapy session today and I forgot to turn the volume back up and then I went to visit Brian and I just now checked my messages.”

“It’s no problem, I just wanted to see how you were doing. Today was pretty good, I had my phone interview and I have a face to face interview next week, so that’s great.”

“Congrats baby!”

“Thanks,” she chuckled.

“You’ll do fine, I know it, nothing to worry about.”

“I hope you’re right.”

“Of course I’m right.”

“Sheesh.”

“Anyway, I have to say I’m glad that you called, I’ve been wanting to hear your voice.”

“Same here, I miss you a lot ya know.”

Nick smiled, “I miss you too babygirl. So tell me, what else do you have planned for next week besides the interview?”

“Hmm, well James is coming in. We’re supposed to be going out for dinner and a movie to catch up.”

Nick blinked, he’d forgotten about that. Groaning inwardly, he tried to stop the butterflies that were now swimming around in his stomach. It was unreasonable for him to be nervous, but he couldn’t help it.

“Ohh that’s right, excited?”

“Yeah I am, it’ll be nice to see him again and see how he is.”

Nick frowned, “Yeah.”

“Well baby, I better go, I gotta finished getting ready for bed.”

“Aww.”

“I’m sorry sweetie, I’d stay up if I could, but I’m exhausted,” Veronica sighed, rubbing at her forehead.

“I know, I just wish we could talk longer, I wish I’d called earlier.”

“Aww don’t worry about it Nick, it’s cool. We can hopefully talk longer over the weekend.”

“But like…don’t wait till then to call again,” Nick said suddenly.

Veronica chuckled, “I won’t I promise.”

“Ok good. Alright, I’ll talk to ya soon baby.”

“Ok, I love you, night.”

“Love you too, night.”

Veronica flipped the phone closed and set it down next to her bed. She quickly changed and slipped under the covers. As much as she didn’t want to keep thinking about the forum, she couldn’t help it. She truly hoped she was as ready as she thought she was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick flipped his phone closed and slumped back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. It was too hard being so far away from her. These short calls weren’t enough for him, he wanted badly to go and see her, but he knew it’d be too soon for her and he didn’t want to overwhelm her, plus all this crap with James was bothering him more than he liked.

He trusted Veronica, but he also knew how she felt about James. Still she’d chosen to be with him, but Nick couldn’t help but wonder, if there had been a chance that James wanted to be with her too, would she have still said yes?

Sighing, he closed his eyes, he didn’t want to think about it anymore, didn’t want to think about what he would’ve done if she’d told him no and meant it.