- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Thought I'd post one more chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 12

 

“So what are your plans now guys? You’re done touring for a while, are you going to be going right back into the studio to start a new album?” Ryan asked.

Nick scooted forward on the couch, moving in closer towards the speaker on the phone. His stomach had been in knots all night and now the time had come. He and AJ sat around a speakerphone at Jive giving the a radio interview with Ryan Seacrest. Granted Ryan hadn’t asked yet but he knew it would be coming. Funny any other time before he never worried about what he was going to say and how he was going to say it, but now he’d gone over the dialogue in his head a million times it seemed.

“Not right into the album, we all have our own individual projects we’re gonna be working on for a bit. I’m gonna be continuing to work on my sobriety of course and Brian’s in the midst of still working on his solo album and Howie and Kevin have some things they’re gonna be doing too so,” AJ answered.

“What about you Nick? You gonna be working on another solo album?”

Nick shrugged even though he couldn’t see him, “I’m not sure yet. Part of me wants to, but I’m still trying to decide. I’m actually hoping to do a little more acting.”

“That’s right, you’ve already done movie and a TV show. Had any other offers come in?”

“A couple, haven’t really had the time to look into them, but now that the tour is over, I’m gonna be focusing more on some of my other options, so we’ll see.”

“That’s cool. So guys what’s been going on romantically? AJ, you seeing anyone?”

AJ chuckled, “Nah, not right now. Just kinda playin’ it by ear ya know? If it happens that’s great and if not that’s ok too. Like I said, I’m working on staying sober and I really need to put all my focus there for now.”

“I understand, that’s what’s important that’s for sure. What about you Nick? You were recently asked if you were seeing someone and you’d said you’d been dating, any change where that’s concerned? No one special lady in your life?” Ryan questioned.

Nick gave AJ a meaningful look and then looked back at the phone.

“Actually I am seeing someone.”

“Oh yeah? Now is this something that happened since you were asked before or…?”

“Nah, just wasn’t quite ready to come out and say anything at that point.”

“Really…is it Britney Spears?”

Nicks eyes widened and he looked over at AJ who was smirking at him.

“Huh?”

“Britney Spears, I‘d just read something a week or so ago that stated that you two were seen leaving a club together.” Ryan laughed.

“Nah, it’s not Britney, I don‘t know what it is, but everyone wants to put us together and I rarely ever see her,” Nick groaned, rolling his eyes. “We’re not even friends, more like acquaintances really.”

“Ok, so you are seeing someone, not Britney. How long have you been seeing this girl?”

Nick swallowed, shifting a bit on the couch.

“Well we’ve been friends for a while, we just actually started dating recently.”

“Wow, so this is still fairly new in the couple title huh?”

“Yeah you could say that.”

“Alright, well thanks for calling in guys. We hope to see you here in LA soon, you’ll have to stop by the studio and hang out with everyone.”

Nick listened as AJ answered the question, they said their goodbyes and he slumped back on the couch, rubbing at his eyes.

“Nick, relax man, it’s over.”

Nick opened an eye, looking at AJ.

“Ok, so it’s just starting, but you were vague.”

“AJ you and I both know that means shit. Something will come up, someone will try to prove I’m still somehow dating Britney, I really wish people would fuckin’ stop that.”

AJ grinned, “I don’t know what the fascination is with you hooking up with Britney is man, you shoulda just done it once.”

“Nah man.”

“It’ll be ok Nick, really.”

Nick shook his head, they both knew better. It was really just a matter of days before the rumors started, fans would find out. Some of his so called “friends” would talk to reporters and magazines swearing they knew who the girl was.

What’d he just gotten Veronica into?