- Text Size +

Chp 9

 

The next morning I woke up around 5am, the time I usually wake up to start getting ready for work. I looked over and AJ was still sleeping. "How did I get up here," I asked myself. "Last I remember we were on the couch downstairs. I must of fell asleep on him," I continued trying to figure everything out. I didn't have time to waste though, I had to get home and get ready for work.

I quietly went downstairs and found a piece of paper to leave AJ a note. ' Thanks for the great time last night. I meant every word I said. Sorry I wasn't there when you got up but, I had to get to work. I'm looking forward to seeing your face after I wake up in the morning and before I go to bed at night. I will call you later today.' I folded the note and went back upstairs and put it on the pillow where I was sleeping. I then snuck out and headed home to get ready for work.

When I pulled into my driveway, Nick's rental was still there. I looked in the window of the living room and seen them asleep on the couch. I quietly went upstairs to start getting ready. Once I was ready I had about 15mins to get to work, so I rushed out of the house and back on the road. Nick and Rose were still asleep on the couch.

When I pulled into the clinic, I had 5mins to spare before we opened. I walked in and said my hello's and went straight to my office. All of a sudden, there was a knock on my door and Stacie was standing in the doorway. "Wow you look frazzled this morning. Long night last night?" she asked laughing. "You could say that," I said pulling my hair back. All of a sudden, the expression on Stacie's face changed and she started smiling. "What?" I asked. "Have you even looked in the mirror this morning?" she asked. "No why," I replied. "Here," she said handing me a mirror. I looked into it and seen a hickey on my neck right below my ear. "I would say you had a long night," Stacie said laughing. "Oh shut up. Holy crap I did not know that was there," I said still looking in the mirror. I rumaged through my purse for foundation to cover it up. "That's not gonna work, nothing will actually," Stacie said still cracking up. "Well shit, I guess I'll just wear my hair down for a while then," I said taking my hair out of the ponytail.

That morning while I was at work, AJ got up to a note on the pillow next to him. When he read the note, he just smiled. He got up and went downstairs to feed Tank and Daisy and get some breakfast. He also noticed that Nick wasn't back yet either, he just laughed.

Meanwhile at my place, Nick and Rose were starting to wake up as well. Rose was the first one awake. She looked down and see Nick's hand drapped over her. She turned around and see Nick fast asleep still. She decided to try to slip out of his embrace and get breakfast ready. Nick woke up to the sound and smell of coffee. The both ate breakfast together and decided to spend the rest of the day together.

Back at the clinic, the day was coming to a close. I honestly hadn't had time for a break much less time to call AJ. I'm sure he was getting worried, afraid I wasn't going to call him. As soon as the last paitent left and everything was cleaned, we were all ready to leave. I had my phone to my ear as I was walking out the door and locking it.

"Hello," AJ said. "Hey you," I said with a smile on my face as I was walking to my car. "Oh hey, I've been waiting for your call all day," he said with a huge smile on his face. "Yea I figured. I was very busy today. In fact, this is the first time I've sat down today," I said with a sigh of relief as I sat in the driver's seat. "Wow, well how about I order us some chinese and have it delievered. You were serious about moving in with me when you said yes right?" he asked. "Yes of course I was serious," I said. "Well come on by, dinner will be here when you get here and then I'll go with you to help you pack," AJ suggested. "Sounds like a plan," I said. I drove off the parking lot and headed to his house.

When I got there, Nick was finally there. I walked up and rang the doorbell. "Coming," I heard AJ say. He opened the door and said, "Hey baby." He leaned in and kissed me passionately on the lips. "I thought you were the food," he said laughing. "This is your place too now so, you don't have to ring the doorbell or knock," he said taking my hand and leading me inside. I just looked at him and smiled. He led me into the dining room where Nick and Rose were sitting. I just looked at Rose and smiled. She knew what I was smiling about and she started turning red. Nick looked at Rose, then back at me with a confused look on his face.