- Text Size +
Will was the sweetest baby. His eyes were hazel like mine, but he had Kevin's chiseled chin and his dark black hair. He loved to hear Kevin's voice and would look for him whenever Kevin would come into the room. Lexi thought the world of Will and would always try and be the little mama. We had to be careful not to leave her alone with him or she would be trying to feed him or change his diaper. The 5 months after Will's birth were fantastic. Kevin spent most of his time with the kids and I occasionally meeting with the other boys just to rehearse for the restart of the tour. The kids and I were going to fly to Orlando in February to meet up with Kevin on tour and spend a weekend there. We would then join him on tour for the next 3 months and in May fly back to Orlando when the tour ended.

"God I missed Orlando." Lisa and I were watching the twins and Lexi play in the pool; Will was asleep in his nursery.

"I missed you." She said. "It's not been the same with out you here, I miss having my friend around when I need her."
"Oh Lis, I'm sorry. It's been so crazy and all. But Kevin and I have decided that we are going to stay here for awhile after the tour ends, so we can spend a lot of time together."

"Good, I'm really going to need you around."

"Why what's up."
"Well, Nick and I just found out that we are pregnant."

"OH LISA. I so happy for you two."

"Yeah, we had decided after Will was born that we wanted to try for one more. Cass I just found out like last week and I'm so scared I going to end up with twins again. I don't think I could handle that."
"Lord girl, don't even think like that." I just laughed. " So Nick knows?"
"Yeah, he was here when I took the test. He's so happy. He walked around like the King Rooster with his chest puffed out. He called Aaron and was bragging. "Hey bro, yep guess what your studley brother's done gone and done. Yep, done knocked up the little woman again." Lisa gave her impression of Nick talking to Aaron. We both began laughing. "He's supposed to tell all the boys this week. I told him I wanted to tell you first."

"Lisa, that so great. Now if we could just get AJ and Howie to join the group." I giggled.

"Yeah, I know that Cierra wants a baby real bad. She and I have become great friends. God and she is so crazy about AJ. I thought I was nuts over Nick, but it's always AJ this and AJ that and my hubby this and my hubby that. Sometimes it makes me sick, but it's so sweet. I think she's really been good for bone."

"Yeah, Kevin says the same thing, says he's seen a great big difference in him since them two got married." I got up to get us a coke from the cooler.

"So has Cierra said anything about them trying?" I asked handing Lisa a coke.

"She just said that AJ said he was nervous about it, not sure he was ready to be a dad yet. They are supposed to be having like this huge romantic weekend this coming weekend and it's supposed to involve the discussion of starting a family. I sure hope AJ can see his way through this. Cierra really wants a baby."

"I know the feeling. It still gives me chills when I look at Lexi and Will and know that Kevin and I created them together from the love we have for each other."

"Yeah, I feel the same when I look at Jamie and Tommy, and now I think of this one." She said placing her hand on her stomach.

"Oh Lisa, I'll get to be here for this baby, I can't wait I'll help you anyway I can. So have you talked to Susie lately, she seems like she don't like me too well, don't know what I've done to her though?"
"You just gotta spend some time with her. You two haven't had a lot of time together and she feels like maybe you don't like her. I've tried to tell her that you do like her but I guess it's just hard since you two barely get to see each other. Maybe you can have her over now that you're back in town for lunch or something."

"Yeah, that seems like a great idea. I think I will. I have really enjoyed being around her the few time we've been around each other. It's just that I'm always in Kentucky and she's here in Orlando. I know that she does a lot with the foundation and all. Hey, has she said anything about her and Howie having a little one?"
"Yeah, Susie says that her and Howie still want to wait awhile; they want to do some traveling together when the tour is over, but I don't give them long after that. TOMMY, don't push your brother."
"Well, I guess things are just as they should be. I mean all of us are married now and the boys are doing great. The kids are all well. Wow Lisa, did you ever think we'd end up here."

"Not in a million years Cass. I mean, I always loved Nick from afar, but I never thought I would end up married to him, dreamed it a couple of time, but in reality. I still pinch myself."

"Tell me about it. God every time Kevin walks through the front door my knees still go weak. How'd I get so lucky?"

"How many times do I have to tell you, you loved me Cass, you just loved me." That voice hit my ears before the hands were pulling me into an embrace.

"Hi boo," I said before I felt his lips pressed on mine.

"Hi darlin. Hi Lisa."

"Hey Kev, how's it going."

"Good, by the way Congratulations, Nick told us the great news. I'm real happy for you too."

"DAAADDDDYYYY" Lexi came flying across the deck and grabbed Kevin's leg.

"Hey princess, what'cha doing?"

"Swimming daddy, you come swimming with me?" Her little head tilted up and her eyes met with Kevin's.

"Ok, but only for a little bit, then I'm taking mama to dinner ok?"
"Ok daddy" She turned and headed back towards the pool. "Hey Tommy, Hey Jamie, my daddy's coming swimming with us." I watched as Kevin kicked off his shoes and took off his shirt and headed towards the pool. I just looked at Lisa.

"Can you say SPOILED?" I began to laugh

"CAN YOU SAY JUST LIKE HER MOTHER." I heard him call before he dove in.

"And what may I ask Mr. Richardson does that remark mean?" Lisa was giggling.

"I'm wrapped around her finger the same way I'm wrapped around yours, don't I always give you your way?" He winked.

"Yes, and don't I always give you yours?" I winked right back at him.

"That's what I'm counting on darlin."

"And what is that supposed to mean? And what's this about dinner?"

"You'll see tonight, by the way, there's something for you on our bed." And he dove under the water swimming after Lexi and the boys.

"Come on Lisa, let's see what that man of mine is up too." We got up and walked into the bedroom.

I saw a box sitting on the bed. I gently lifted the lid. Inside was a beautiful black cocktail dress with matching shoes.

"WOW" Lisa said. "Somebody's got a hot date tonight?" she whistled.

"Yeah, well what can I say he has good taste in clothes? I just wander what he's up to?"
"Well, I'd just go with it girl if I was you, looks like your in for a VERY nice evening."
"Oh Lisa it's been ages since we've been out without the kids. Don't get me wrong I love them both dearly, but I miss my alone time with Kev. I miss being able to lie in bed and just be together with out a baby monitor telling me it's time to get up. I miss making love more than once cause we have to be careful that Lexi might come in the door. Oh how I just miss being in his arms." We didn't hear Kevin come in the room.

"I've missed you to babe and tonight I'm going to show you how much." He walked over and kissed me and headed towards the bathroom door. He turned and looked at me just before shutting the door. "Be ready by six ok." And the door closed. I collapsed on the bed hugging the dress to my chest. Lisa was sitting on the chaise lounge.

"WOW, maybe I should have had the hots for Kevin." She giggled. I sat up.

"OH NO, that man is ALL MINE." We began to laugh and got up to go find the kids. We found them outside in the pool with Nick. He was taking turns letting the kids jump off his shoulders in the pool.

"Hey baby girl." He hopped out the pool and came over and took Lisa in his arms.

"Hey Nicky." They began to kiss.

"EEEWWWWWWW GRRROOOSSS" the twins yelled in unison. We all three started laughing.

"So congratulations Nick." I said giving him a hug. "I hear you knocked up the little woman again." Lisa and I burst out laughing.

"Yep, who's the stud?" He said pounding on his chest.

"So what'cha doing here honey." Lisa said pulling him down to sit with her on the lounge chair.

"Well, Kevin said he needed a sitter for tonight, and you and I have hardly had anytime with Lexi and Will so I told him we'd be glad to stay with them so he and Cass could get out. Hope you don't mind baby girl." He looked at Lisa.

"No that's cool with me. The twins are having so much fun with Lexi, besides I want to see Cass in that dress Kevin bought her. Have you seen it Nick?"
"Yeah, I was there when he bought it. Your gonna look hot Cass. I know that Kevin is really excited about tonight."
"Great, does everyone know about this but me?"

"Yep, and that's the way it's going to stay." I smelled his cologne before he sat behind me. My mind became numb. He smelled so good and I could tell he had showered and shaved. "You better get moving if you're going to be ready by six darlin." He whispered in my ear.

"Ok, guess I'll go get dressed." I stood up. "Wanna come help me get ready?" I said.

"Would love to, but that might make us late." He said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Yes, it would, but I wasn't talking to you I was talking to Lisa." She stood up and we walked into the house I could hear Kevin make a grunting sound behind me as he grabbed his heart and fell back into the lounge chair. "Oh shot down. I must be losing my touch."

"Naw man, after tonight, she won't know what hit her." I heard Nick say as we closed the double doors to the bedroom.

Lisa and I chatted while I got my shower, she was lying across our bed and I was in the bathroom. I was so excited; I couldn't wait to see what Kevin had planned. I took my time and shaved and washed my hair. I got out and rubbed down with my DKNY "Be Delicious" body lotion. Kevin loved the way it smelled and sprayed on the perfume to match. My hair had gotten long and I pulled up the sides letting the natural curls fall down my back with a few tendrils of hair sweeping around the side of my face. I wore the bracelet that Kevin had given me the night we found out that we were pregnant with Will, along with a matching Necklace and earrings he had given me this past Valentine's day. I slipped into the dress. It hugged every curve perfectly. It dipped in the front to show the cleavage that was still very nice from breast-feeding Will and hugged my hips to show the curves of my body.

"Hey Lis, can you help me zip this up." I walked into the bedroom.

"HOLY SHIT!! Cass you look gorgeous. Kev's going to die when he sees you. Your so disgusting you get right back to your old self after you have your babies. I hope I can be that lucky this time. Carrying the twins really was not good on my body." She zipped up my dress and I slipped on the shoes. I walked over to the floor length mirror and made sure everything was perfect.

"That man sure knows how to pick out clothes." I said smoothing out the dress and turning from side to side. " Shall we go find our men?" Lisa and I headed out the bedroom. We could hear the boys in the kitchen talking. The kids had fallen asleep after all the swimming. I could see Kevin, but he hadn't seen me yet. He was so gorgeous. He was wearing a maroon silk button up shirt with his black slacks. His eyes were sparkling as he and Nick talked.

"Mmmhmmm" I cleared my throat. Lisa was standing behind me as both men turned in the kitchen.

"DAMN KEVIN." Nick chocked on his drink. "Your wife is HOTTTT."

"HEY" Lisa yelled from behind me.

"Sorry baby girl, not as hot as you." he tried to recover.

"WOW, darlin you look amazing." Kevin almost whispered as he started to walk towards me.

"Thank you." I whispered tilting my eyes to look down.

"NO, look at me." He said placing his hand under my chin to tilt it up so that my eyes could look into his. "Tonight is all about you and me baby. I'm gonna show you why I think I'm the luckiest guy in the world." He bent down and gave me a quick kiss.

"OK you two, go on get going." Lisa and Nick were standing arm in arm in the kitchen. "Don't stay up too late." Nick hollered behind us as Kevin and I walked out the front door.

"Don't you mean don't stay out too late?" Lisa turned to look at Nick.

"Oh, didn't I tell you. We're staying the night here. They won't be back till tomorrow afternoon." He picked Lisa up and headed to the sofa. "The kids are sleeping and I want my wife." He said hungrily taking her lips in his.

"My pleasure my husband" she said pulling his t-shirt over his head. "Wanna go skinny dipping?" Lisa looked into Nick's deep blue eyes.

"Most definitely lovely lady." He said scooping her up and heading to the pool out back.

"I love you Lisa Carter." He said as he pulled her onto his lap in the pool.

"I love you too Nicky." She said kissing him on his neck.

Kevin opened my door to the Tahoe and helped me in. He kissed me on the lips then closed the door and went around to get into the driver's seat. I loved watching every move he made. He slid in beside me and cranked up the car. As we backed out into the street and he put the car in drive he picked my hand up and brought it to his lips gently kissing it.

"Are you ready Mrs. Richardson?"

"More than you know boo. Where are we going?"

"That baby is a surprise. You trust me?"

"With my life?"
"Good, just know that I love you so much and tonight I'm gonna make sure you will never forget it."
He started off down the street.

"I could never forget it boo. I love you too." As we drove along I started watching for signs of something familiar. I didn't realize where we were going until we turned into the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. I wasn't sure what he was up to, I knew that we had had dinner there before with the boys. After one of the tours as a celebration party they had rented out the entire Vineyard Grill and all of the crew came to celebrate. Kevin had so much fun that night. As we pulled up to the valet Kevin got out and came around to open my door. I took his hand and slid out. I caught the two valet guys starring.

"Uhh boo, I think you've been recognized." I whispered.

"Uhh darlin, I think they're starring at you." He grinned. I blushed.

"Here ya go. The bags are in the back. You can take them to the Club Lake Front Executive Suite.

My head turned around quickly to catch Kevin smiling down at me.

"What do you mean bags?" I said

"Uh, didn't I mention that we were staying out all night?" He giggled.

"No you did not, and what about our children?" I put my hand on my hip.

"Nick and Lisa are staying at the house with them, don't worry darlin, tonight is all about just you and me and our love for each other." He whispered in my ear. He put his arm around my waist and headed towards the Vineyard Grill doors. I was too shocked to speak, what did he have planned next? When we walked into the room there was no one in site. There were candles lit and white roses on the table that was sitting outside with overlooking the lake. It was so beautiful. Tears began to fill my eyes.

"Oh Kevin." I chocked.

"No baby, no tears. This is going to be nothing but fun and love tonight ok."
"But these are happy tears, and I think I just fell more in love with you than ever." I hugged him tight to me.

"Ok, I'll let those kind of tears be allowed." He pulled me closer to him. The waiter came around the corner.

"Ummm excuse me Mr. & Mrs. Richardson, you table awaits." He held out his hand to show us to the table.

"Cass, I hope you don't mind, but I've already ordered the food and all, I just want you to relax and enjoy the evening."
"That's fine boo, I told you I trusted you." he reached across the table and took my left hand in his. He gently began to thumb my wedding rings.

"Ya know Cass, the day I decided that I wanted to marry you, everything in my life seemed perfect. Then the day we got married, well. I could've died right then and never regretted a moment of my life. The day Scottie was born. As hard as it was to lose him, I knew that we had something special. And Lexi, lord knows that girl has wrapped herself so tight around my heart sometimes when I look at her I think I stop breathing, Will well Will is just the most amazing thing, I can't believe how much I love them both. Cass, I see them and I see us. I know that no matter what the story of us will always be around to be told because of them two. I love you so much it hurts sometimes. When I'm out on the road without you, I don't feel whole. Before I met you there was always some girl willing to help me get by, but Cass it didn't mean anything, I've never felt before what I feel when I'm with you. It's like magic, like all of my wishes were granted and they were all named Cassidy." He stopped and looked at me. I could see the tears in his eyes.

"Oh No Kevin, you said no tears tonight." I repeated.

"I know baby, but you just get to me, right here." He said placing a hand on his heart. "Besides these are happy tears."

"There are no words that can say how I feel about you. Tonight Cass, tonight baby I want to show you how I feel. I want you to hear it in a song, I want you to feel it in my touch and taste it in my kiss. Baby I want to make love to you tonight like it's the first time. Slowly and gently, showing you in everyway how much I love you. Can we do that Cass, can we just be Kevin and Cassidy tonight. Not parents, not a backstreet boy and his wife, Just us."

"Yes." I whispered, " I would love that very much boo." he stood up and music slowly began to play a song I had never heard before. He pulled me to the dance floor.

"Cassidy, I want you to meet a friend of mine. He's in town tonight and I asked him to sing this song for us. It's one that I helped him with on his album. Hey, Nick you back there?"

"Nick, I thought he was home with Lisa?" I said before turning around, I saw Nick Lachey come thru the stage curtain.

"OMG." I whispered. Kevin knew that I loved Nick and the guys from 98 degrees.

"Hey Kevin. Nice to meet you Cassidy." He held out his hand taking my and gently kissing it. I couldn't speak.

"I've heard a lot about you from this fellow here and I'd be honored to perform for you two tonight if that's ok." I just shook my head yes. Nick laughed and shook hands with Kevin and headed back to the stage. The music began and I heard his soft voice begin as Kevin took me in his arms and began dancing.



I don't know what it is tonight,
Your smile, Your eyes. Yeah...
Even in the candlelight,
You shine, So bright.
You are so beautiful,
More beautiful,
Than you've ever been.
I catch my breath,
And fall in love again.
I can't imagine where I'd be
Without you with me.
I need you more everyday,
More than words can say.
I want you in my life,
For all my life.
This night will never end.
You'll take my hand,
And I'll fall in love again.
And nothing short of a miracle
Could have brought you here to me.
When I'm with you,
Heaven's all I see (All I see)
Caught up in every touch,
I feel the rush, Of this moment that we're in.
Each time we kiss, I fall in love again.
I can't resist, I fall in love again.

When the song ended Nick said goodbye to us and Kevin and I headed back to the table. We ate and sipped on the wine. Music continued to play softly in the background. It was all of our favorites. Kevin had made a special CD and had the restaurant play it while we ate. We sat in silence after the plates were cleared just starring into each other's eyes.

"Ya know Cass. When I helped Nick with that song, I was missing you so bad. Every word is so true. Are you ready to go upstairs?" He stood from the table offering me his hand again. I gently took it in mine. I was trembling. His touch set me on fire, and that voice of his could make my insides melt. He pulled me into his arms and held me too him. I took in a deep breath. The smell of him, the hardness of his body against mine, I couldn't' move.

"You Ok baby."

"Uh Huh." I whispered. He lifted me into his arms and carried me to the private entrance elevators. He held me in his arms the whole way up to the 14th floor. As we stopped in front of the door to our suite he slid me down the front of his body, all the while holding me close. I heard the click of the latch and I heard him speak.

"Just us Cass, promise."

"Promise."

He lifted me up and carried me through the door. The room was covered in white roses. The same CD that was playing down in the restaurant was playing in the room. He carried me through the living room and into the bedroom. The bed was turned down and white rose petals covered the entire bed. Candles were flickering all around the room. Again he slid me down his body holding me tightly to him.

"I love you so much Cass." He began kissing me. My knees growing weaker as his tongue searched my mouth, all I could do was moan. He was stirring up emotions in me I could not recall ever feeling. He was so knowledgeable of my body and how to make it respond to him. Just when I thought I couldn't take anymore he stopped. He slowly unzipped my dress and let it fall to the floor. I was wearing a black strapless bra and panty set. His eyes slowly glimpsed me up and down. I ran my hands up his chest and began to unbutton his shirt. I slid my hands across his shoulder and let the shirt fall to the ground. When we were completely undressed he lifted me onto the bed and slowly and gently made love to me. He took me to heights of pleasure I never thought existed. It was just us. Kevin and Cass, husband and wife. Exploring our bodies and making each other find pleasure and love all in one act. We lay there in the silence holding each other. I began to cry.

"Baby, you ok, did I hurt you?"

"Oh God no Kevin, you were amazing. I just, I just." My body began to shake with the sobs.

"Baby talk to me." He pulled me close to him and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I never knew that love this pure, this amazing existed, and Kevin, I'm lucky enough to be the one that get's to experience it with you. Do you know how amazing that is?" I tried to control my crying.

"Oh darlin, I do know how amazing that is. I'm right there with you. Cass if someone had told me that I would find a love like this. I would have called them a liar. I never thought I could love someone so openly and honestly, never holding back anything." I felt a tear fall from his eyes.

"Please promise me that we will always be this way Kevin. Please don't ever leave me. I would die without you in my life."

"Baby, I'm not going anywhere, even if the good lord calls me home, I'll fight my way back to you."

"Please don't talk like that, you promised we'd grow old and grey and sit on the front porch of the cabin together. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you."

"Hey, I don't plan on dying anytime soon. I hope to be 100 years old still chasing you around the house naked." We both giggled. "How bout a bubble bath malady?"

"I'd love it. Scrub my back?"

"With pleasure." He lifted me up and carried me to the bathroom

"Oh there will be pleasure boo, I promise you that." As the click of the bathroom door was heard.

We awoke the next morning to a breakfast tray full of fruit and eggs and bacon and juice and coffee.

We had made love all night long finally falling asleep wrapped in each other around 4 am. Kevin had planned for a late check out so we made love all morning till time to check out. We didn't want to go home but we knew that Nick and Lisa couldn't keep all the kids all day. I don't think we lost the smiles on our faces for about the next 4 months.