- Text Size +
June 30, 2008


Kevin was so wonderful, he would be there when I cried and took the kids when I wanted to be alone. I couldn't believe my dad was gone.

As the months passed the breakdowns seemed to lessen, I knew I was going to have to move on with my life and it helped having Kevin and the kids and being at the cabin. It also helped that Nick and Lisa were coming in one week. I couldn't wait to see her. I missed her so much.

"CASS." I heard that familiar voice echo through the kitchen right after the door shut.

"LISA" I took off running down the stairs and ran into her at the bottom. We stood there hugging and crying. The boys just stood back shaking their heads. They must have thought we were crazy.

"Come on." I grabbed her hand pulling her towards my bedroom. "Kevin, help Nick put their things in the spare room. I already set up the playpen for Emily." My sentence cut off by the closing of the bedroom door.

"Oh god, I'm so glad your here." We collapsed on the bed.

"Me too, how are you Cass. You've sounded so sad on the phone lately when we've talked."

"I'm making it. Kevin's been so great. I think I've cried on his shoulder so much it's become water logged." We giggled. "But he's just been right there for me. I don't know what I would've done without him here."

"Well, he lost his dad too, so I'm sure he knows what you're going thru."

"Yeah, I know and I hate it cause I know it hurts him that I'm hurting and it reminds him about his dad. I really am trying to get better about being so upset, it's just sometimes, when I see him and Lexi together." The tears began to well up in my eyes. "I remember me and my dad." Lisa pulled me into a hug and we sat there crying.

"Ok, enough of this nonsense." I sat up wiping my eyes. "So what do you and Mr. Carter want to do while your here?" I pulled Kevin's pillow into my lap.

"Well, we thought we would just spend time with you and Kevin and let the kids play. I mean Emily and Will have hardly gotten a chance to play together with someone moving all the way across the country from us." She pretended to pout.

"Oh Lisa, I'm sorry. I know it killed me to move away from you, but it killed me more the thought of being away from Kevin that long."
"I'm just playing with you girl. Trust me I know what you mean. I thought I would die when Nick went to Switzerland for that month. We hardly get anytime together now with the kids around and then we he goes off with the music.... oh man. Some days I just wish he would give up the career and stay home with me and the kids, and then I see him perform and hope I'm still watching him do it 80 years from now."
"I know what you mean. I've seen the musical so much I can recite Kev's lines, but I wish we could just move back here to Kentucky and settle down with the kids." We heard the guys laughing out in the living room.

"Nick's really missed Kevin."

"Yeah, Kevin's been missing him too. Wanna go jump our men?" I giggled.

"Most definitely." We took off out the bedroom and both collapsed in the guy's laps.

"Hey gorgeous." Lisa laid one on Nick.

"Hey baby girl." He pulled her close.

"Hey boo." I snuggled close to Kevin as he wrapped me tight in his arms.

"So girls, you up for going out to dinner tonight?" Nick looked at me.

"Oh that sounds great Nick, but what about the kids?" I looked at Kevin.

"Well, mama and Lacey said they would come over and watch them."

"Oh Kevin, thank you." I just hugged him tighter.

I was getting ready in the bathroom when Kevin came in to stand behind me. He was wearing a pair of khaki pants and a black button up shirt.

"MMM" I moaned as I turned around to be captured in his arms.

"Well, I could say the same thing about you." He gave me a quick kiss, gently lifting me to sit on the counter in front of him.

"I'm not even dressed yet silly." I giggled. I was wearing a bra and panty set that was pink with black polka dots.

"EXACTLY" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Kevin Richardson, your incorrigible." I swatted at his chest. He bent down and began to kiss my neck. He smelled so good.

"Yep and with this bod, you encourage me to do a lot of things." He captured my lips with his.

"Uh Uh. I pushed him back. As much as I want you right now, and believe me I do, I'm looking forward to dinner with Nick and Lisa, but I promise when we get back home we will take up where we left off." I hopped off the counter pushing him towards the door.
"Promise."

"Promise. Now out so I can finished getting dressed." He swatted me on the butt and walked out. I watched him walk away and sighed.

"How did I get so lucky."? I whispered after him.

"You loved me Cass. You just loved me he whispered back as he walked out the door.

I slipped on the pink sweater set and black Capri pants and sandals and headed out the door. Lisa, Nick and Kevin were ready to go. I kissed the kids and we headed out.

We talked all thru dinner. Lisa and Nick filling us in on everything going on in Orlando. They had brought pictures of Xander and DJ as he was now being called. We had so much fun laughing and talking about everything going on in our lives. Nick and Kevin talked about the upcoming album, they were so excited. They had worked really hard on this one and couldn't wait for the release. After dinner we headed back home. The kids were asleep we sat around the fireplace talking.

"So Nick, Lisa.....anniversary's coming soon? Any big plans?"

"Uh," Nick looked at Lisa and then back to Kevin and me.

"Nicholas Gene Carter, you better not tell me you forgot our anniversary." Lisa sat up and turned to look at Nick lying on the floor by the fireplace.

An evil grin began to spread over Nick's face.

"Now baby girl, do you think I would forget the best day of my life?" He pulled her down to him and kissed her. I snuggled closer to Kevin.

"I've got something real special planned, but your not going to know what it is." He looked at Kevin. I turned and saw the grin on Kevin's face.

"OH YOU," Lisa leaned down and kissed Nick. "Your too good to me you know that."

"Yep and you better remember that." She swatted him in the chest."HEY." He pretended to pout.

"Oh, don't act like you don't like it rough just cause Kevin's here." She giggled.

"WOMAN!" He pulled her tightly to him. A yawn escaped. "Sorry guys, I guess the flight really got to me." He said.

"Yeah, I'm kinda tired to." She looked at him. It was so sweet to see them together. We all said goodnight and headed to the bedrooms.

"They seem so happy." I said to Kevin as I headed towards the bathroom.

"Yeah, lil Nicky's all grown up." I turned to watch him unbutton his shirt and lay it on the chair.

"MMMM." I grinned.

"What you looking at darlin."

"Well," I smiled. "I'm looking at my sexy husband undressing in front of my eyes."

"Oh yeah, you like that huh."

"Uh Huh." I leaned back against the doorframe to the bathroom.

"How bout this." He said walking towards me and taking me in his arms.

"Uh Huh." I whispered as he held me close.

"And this." He said leaning down to kiss my neck.

"Oh Yeah." I moaned. "Kevin."

"Yeah darlin."

"Wanna finish what I started before dinner?" I looked up into those emerald eyes.

"Uh Huh." He pushed me into the bathroom where we stood next to the bathroom counter. Slowly he lifted my sweater over my head.

"MMMM." I moaned. "Now let's see, these are in the way." I unbuckled the belt of his pants and started to unbutton them.

"And these." He said sliding my capri's off. He lifted me up on the counter and claimed my lips with his. Just like before I sat on the counter in just my pink and black polka dotted bra and panties. His hands felt so warm on my skin. Each caress causing me to melt into him more. He tasted so good, and I could smell his cologne. He pulled me up against his body and I could feel him, god he felt so good. I wrapped my legs around his waist and locked my ankles behind his back. He lifted me up and carried me into the bedroom. Gently he laid me down on the bed and began to explore my body. Placing kisses all over me. Every place his lips touched tingled. He kept on till I couldn't take anymore.

"Please Kevin." I begged.

"Please what Cass." He asked in a husky voice, all the while continuing his assault on my body.

"Please make love to me."

"My pleasure."

We snuggled up tight wrapped up in each other.

"Thanks boo."

"For what?"

"For loving me like you do."

"My pleasure."

"No the pleasure was all mine." I snuggled closer placing my head on his chest listening to the beat of his heart.

"So what's this Nick has planned?"

"Well, he asked if we could watch the kids and he was going to take Lisa away for the weekend. I told him I didn't think it would be a problem so they fly out day after tomorrow. That's ok with you isn't it?"

"Yeah, that's fine. Wow, Lisa will be so excited. She was just telling me how they hardly ever get any time together. "

"Yeah, Nick was saying the same. He's taking her to Lover's Beach in Cancun. A buddy of ours has a secluded beach house."

"Oh that's so great, I know Lisa will love it." I yawned.

"Get some sleep babe." He kissed me on the forehead.

"Night boo."

"Night darlin."

Kevin and Nick disappeared the next day and Lisa the kids and I took off for town. Lisa was going to need clothes for the trip.

"NICK, this is so beautiful." Lisa looked around the beach house. She was so excited. She had been longing for alone time with Nick. She loved that man more than words could ever say and she loved their time together. It just seemed so few and far between.

"Yeah, I thought you'd like it. Come here." He said pulling him to her to capture her lips with his.

"God Lisa, do you know how much I love you, love us?" Nick placed his forehead to Lisa's looking into her eyes.

"I have some idea." she smiled up at him.

"Lisa, I never knew that I could be so happy. You and the kids, that's what finally completed me."

'Oh Nick." A tear fell down her cheek. Nick wiped it away.

"I want this weekend to be all about us. Ok?"

"Ok." Nick bent down and scooped her up taking her to the master bedroom. The room was filled with tropical flowers, music softly playing in the background.

"NICK." Lisa looked around the room. The french doors opened to a view of the ocean and the sun setting over the water. Like a scene from a movie the two stood in front of the door swaying to the music. Nick holding Lisa tight to his body. Her hands moving over his shoulders feeling the stong arms that held her.

"Lisa, let me make love to baby girl. Let me show you what I'm feeling."

"Mmmmm." She couldn't speak. Nick led her by the hand over to the bed and slowly slid the straps of her sundress from her shoulders allowing the dress to fall to the floor.

"God your beautiful." He starred at his wife, taking the sight of her in causing him to want her more and more. Gently he laid her on the bed and made love to her. Showing her all the feeling he had inside, taking his time and taking her to new heights.

They lay their watching the moon reflect on the water outside the house. You could hear the waves rolling onto the shore and the gentle ocean breeze blowing thru the trees. Nick started to move.

"Where are you going?" Lisa asked pulling him back to her. He kissed her on the lips and moved away again.

"I have something for you." He walked over to the closet and pulled out a gift back and his guitar. He walked back to the bed and sat on the edge handing Lisa the bag.

"I have a song to sing for you. I thought of you the whole time I wrote it. Wanna hear it?"

"Of course you know I love to hear you sing." Lisa sat up in the bed.

"Lisa I love you so much and sometimes, I feel like I take you for granted. Please baby girl know that I love you more than anything and from here on out I'm going to be there for you. Lisa you're the rock in my life the one thing I know is always true. I love you so much." Tears falling from his eyes.

"Oh Nick, I love you too, baby you don't take me for granted, I love you just the way you are." She hugged her knees and closed her eyes as he gently strummed the guitar.

Lately I've been thinking about the things that we've been through
And I don't know if I'd be here if not for you
I had to take a little time to try to work things out
And you should know that I had never meant to let you down
Cuz I, I, Wanna tell you that I am sorry
And I, I, Even when I'm not giving enough and I'm taking too much
You're still there for me Even when I got nothing at all and I'm ready to fall
You're still there for me
There for me There for me
Even when I can't be there for you,
You're always there for me Oh Oh

Sometimes I know I can be so hard to understand (it's okay)
Even when I'm lost to show me who I really am
Life with me, it hasn't always been an easy ride
But because of you I've learned to loose myself much high
Cuz I, I, Wanna tell you that I am sorry
And I, I, Even when I'm not giving enough and I'm taking too much
You're still there for me
Even When I got nothing at all and I'm ready to fall
You're still there for me There for me There for me
Even when I can't be there for you,
Oh, you are always there for me
O, know it's love Oh Wow
Must Be Love Woohooo
It's gotta be real love
It's gotta be real love
Real Love
Even when I'm not giving enough and I'm taking too much
You're still there for me
Even when I got nothing at all and I'm ready to fall
You're still there for me
There for me there for me
Even when I can't be there for you
I can't be there Even when I can't be there for you
You're always there for me.

Nick lay the guitar down and Lisa was in his arms. Wrapped around the man she was lucky enough to call her husband. They both held each other crying.

"That was beautiful." Lisa laid her head on Nick's shoulder.

"Baby girl, I mean every word of it. Open your gift?" Lisa had forgotten about the bag.

She removed a box from the bag. Slowly she lifted the lid. Inside lay a set of house keys.

"What in the world have you done Mr. Carter."?

"Well, I know how much you miss being around Cass and with the new tour coming and the kids starting school." He paused.

"OMG" She clasped her hand to her mouth.

"The Cabin next door to Cass and Kevin was for sale, Kevin had checked it out for me a few weeks ago and we closed on it the day you and Cass went shopping. I hope you don't mind."

"NICK CARTER, I love you so much." She grabbed hold and held him tight as she cried. Now her and Cass could be together again. No more lonely days with out Nick or Cass. If only the two of them knew how much Cass would need them in just a few short months.