- Text Size +
Kevin and I headed back home from the hospital and decided that even though it was the day after we were still going to celebrate valentines day. It was about 4 am when we stumbled through the front door.

"Hey boo, wanna get a shower with me?"
"Most certainly, go get the water running and I'll check the messages ok?"
"Ok. I'll meet ya there, I'll be the one wearing nothing."

"Maybe I won't check the messages." He started after me and I took off running. I made it to the bedroom before he caught me. We fell on the bed; Kevin was kissing me on my neck. I could feel his hands unbuttoning my shirt. I grabbed the hem of his t-shirt and pulled it over his head. I loved to see him with no shirt. I began to run my hands over his body. God his muscle was so taught, along with the rest of his body. I loved the way it felt to rub my hands up his back. I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of my husband. After we had made love Kevin lifted me in his arms and carried me to the shower. We stood holding each other under the hot streams of water. No words needing to be said, all was communicated in a touch or a smile or a kiss. We climbed in bed around 7 am and snuggled close.

"Kev"

"Yeah darlin"

"Wasn't the baby beautiful?"
"Yep, she sure is, can't believe she belongs to Nick, must've took after her mama." I popped him and we both giggled and snuggled closer together.

"So, do you want anymore?" I whispered as I asked.

"Anymore what?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Kids?"
"Do you?"
"Well, actually. I do."
"Really?"

"Yeah, what about you."
"I'd like to have a few more?"

"A FEW? How many are you talking Mr. Richardson?"
" Well, I'd like to have another girl and another boy, but I'm happy with the two we have Cass if you don't want anymore."
"Kevin I love our kids and I do want more, I just don't know how many more. I would like to try again maybe next year sometime."

"Sounds good. How bout we take this up again in the morning, I'm sleepy babe. I Love you" He pulled the covers up tight around us.

"Ok, I love you too, and babe, it is morning." He was asleep.

I snuck out of bed and went to the kitchen. I began to make breakfast when I heard a knock on the door. I pulled the sash to my robe tighter and opened the door.

"Hi Susie, what's the matter?" I could tell she was crying.

"OH Cass, I'm so sorry to barge in on you like this, but I have to talk to someone."
"Come in, I'll get us some coffee." She followed me to the kitchen. I got us both a cup and we walked to the living room and sat down.

"What's up?" I said. She began to cry again.

"Cass, Howie and I had the worst fight last night. I was late and thought I might be pregnant, and then at dinner last night I got my period. I got so depressed and asked him to take me home. He got so mad and we fought the whole way home. When he finally went to sleep I just left. He had said such horrible things to me. He said that he didn't care that I wasn't pregnant, and that it was all getting too much. It consumes too much of my time. Cass, I just want a baby, his baby. Is that to much to ask?" I took her in my arms and held her as she cried.

"No honey. I understand, but you can't just leave him like that. He'll be worried sick."
"I left him a note that said I was coming over here. I'm sure he won't care enough to come after me. Cass I just don't understand why it has to be so difficult. Why can't he just care enough about me to want this as much as I do?"
"Oh Sus, Howie does want this as much as you do. He's talked to Kevin about it. It just breaks his heart to see you hurting and there's nothing he can do to make it better. Susie, please know that Howie loves you so much and he wants to give you the baby you want so badly, but he's at a loss too honey. You know what the two of you need."
"What?" She sniffled as she sat up and grabbed a tissue from the box on the coffee table.

"A get away, just the two of you, somewhere special, and I know just the place."

"Where?" She began to get interested in what I was telling her.

"The Cabin. Our cabin in Kentucky, we'll book you a flight out tonight and you two go there for the weekend. Ok."
"We can't go we have a DLF function to attend to, it will be two weeks before we can go."

"Ok then, it's settled you two go up there, Kev and I have always said it was a magical place. Just go and talk about everything, I'm sure you two will work it all out." I went and got my purse and gave her the keys. I heard Kevin stirring around.

"Hey Susie, Howie here too." He came out the bedroom door.

"No, I'm sorry I intruded."

"No problem Susie your welcome here anytime. Morning Darlin" Kevin said leaning over the back of the sofa to give me a kiss.

"Coffee's in the kitchen." Kevin turned and headed towards the kitchen.

"Look Susie, I'm not sure that it will be the answer to everything, but go up there and get away. Make sure to have a picnic by the stream, it's so beautiful out there." I heard the doorbell ring.

"GOT IT BABE." I heard Kevin yell from the kitchen.

"Bet that's Howie." I whispered.

"Hey man, what's up. You ok?" I heard Kevin in the foyer. "Yeah, she's here come on in, everything ok?" Howie came straight to the living room and dropped on his knees in front of Susie. I slowly stood up and went to stand beside Kevin in the foyer.

"Come to the kitchen, I'll explain." I could see the questions running thru Kevin's eyes.

"Susie, baby, I'm so sorry, please forgive me." I heard Howie and Susie crying as we walked away.

"I told Kevin all about what Susie had told me and how I had offered them the use of the cabin."

"I knew I loved you for some reason" He said taking me in his arms.

"Oh, and I thought you just kept me around for sex." I giggled.

"Well that too" I hit him in the chest.

"Gettin spunky are we." He began to tickle me.

"UH HUH" We heard Howie clearing his throat from the doorway. He and Susie were arm in arm. "Hey, Kev, sorry about this man, but thanks."
"Hey man, no biggie, you know you two are welcome anytime, and anything we can do to help, just ask."

"Well, thanks for the use of the cabin, we would love to use it if your sure."

"Yeah, have fun. I know I do when I go up there." I slapped Kevin in the chest again.

"Hey you two wanna stay for breakfast, the casserole is just about done."
"Naw, we've intruded enough."

"Nonsense, there's plenty, besides. I might need protection from this big lug here." I poked Kevin in the ribs. They started to laugh. I knew everything was going to be ok.

After they left Kevin and I went for a swim and ended up back in bed. We were to pick the kids up later on that afternoon so we took full advantage of the alone time.

Two weeks later Susie and Howie went to spend the weekend at the cabin and Kevin and I got to spend the weekend at the hospital.

"KEVIN, you gotta get here man. I'm freaking out. Oh my God, I'm gonna be a dad." We heard AJ screaming into the answering machine. It was March 2, 2007. We got up and headed to the hospital. When we got to the labor and delivery floor we could hear AJ talking a mile a minute. When Kevin came around the corner AJ caught site of him and came running.

"Oh man. I'm a nervous wreck. You gotta tell me what to do here, I mean how do you handle this?" He was so out of sorts. Kevin grabbed him by both arms and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Bone, get a grip. God lord, why aren't you in the room with Cierra?"
"She said I was to hyper and she ordered me out."
"I can see why. Man you gotta get hold of yourself. Your wife needs you now and so does you son. It's not that big of a deal. Just go in there and hold her hand and tell her how much you love her. No matter what she says to you or about you, or even what she's going to do to you just keep telling her that you love her. Don't mess this up man. Major brownie points can be earned." I slapped Kevin.

"Aje, just go be there for her honey. I hugged him and shoved him back towards the ward doors. We watched as a much calmer AJ disappeared. Denise McLean walked over to us.

"Thank you Kevin. I was beginning to think I was going to have to kill my own child." We all started to laugh. Three hours later we heard the infamous AJ cackle coming back through the halls. He appeared through the double doors holding pictures and crying.

We all gathered around him.

"Look at my boy mama." He said handing Denise the pictures, she began to cry as she looked at the little boy lying in the pictures. He was the spitting image of AJ. She wrapped her arms around her son and cried. We all took turns looking at the pictures and hugging AJ. He was so excited about the baby.

"Well Mr. New Dad, does this little one have a name?"

"Oh yeah, well it only seemed fitting that he had a strong name. Kevin Xander McLean. We're going to call him Xander. Don't need two Kevin's telling me what to do." I saw the tears in Kevin's eyes as he placed AJ in headlock. The baby was absolutely beautiful. He had a head full of black hair just like AJ's and those beautiful eyes.

When we left AJ was standing in front of the window holding Xander and the sun was setting behind them. Life was great. I stopped to say a prayer for Susie and Howie.

"Please lord, they deserve to have this too." I hugged Kevin to me and we headed home.

We decided to have a combined Mother's day and Father's day party in June and let the kids all come over and swim. Everyone was having such a good time. We all took turns holding Emily and Xander. I went and sat by Susie.

"Hey girl, you ok?"

"Yeah, just really tired. Can't seem to get enough rest lately. By the way Cass I can't thank you enough for letting us use the cabin. You were right. It is magic, and the idea about the picnic by the stream. Well, let's just say that by the end of the evening we had totally forgotten we were outside."
"Been there done that, how'd you think we got Lexi." We both laughed. Susie jumped up and ran to the house. I took off after her. I found her in the guest bathroom.

"Susie, you ok" I gently knocked on the door.

"Yeah. Just feeling a little sick." She came out the bathroom looking pale.

"Susie! sick, tired? Are you?' I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"OH GOD CASS, I haven't even thought about it? I've just given up on the whole idea? Do you think?"

‘Well, like I said, how'd you think we got Lexi?"

"What do I do?" She was trembling.

"Come with me." We walked into my bathroom. I began to rummage under the counter. I pulled out a box. "Here." I said handing her a pregnancy test?

‘Uh Cass?" She looked at me.

"False alarm and Kevin had bought a double pack. GO." I pushed her into the toilet room and shut the door. She came out and laid the stick on the counter. I could hear everyone outside laughing and having such a good time. Susie was pacing back and forth. After a few minuets I grabbed her by the arms.

"No matter what, you and Howie love each other nothing's going to change that. RIGHT?"

"RIGHT." We both went to look at the stick.

"Kevin, man that place of yours is so wonderful. I may even look into buying us a place like that. I don't think I've ever felt so relaxed." Howie and Kevin were standing by the pool talking about the trip to Kentucky. Howie turned just in time to catch Susie as she barreled into him knocking him into the pool. I ran up beside Kevin as the two resurfaced.

"HOWARD DWAIN DOROUGH I LOVE YOU. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY WE'RE PREGNANT." Susie screamed as the two of them held to the side of the pool. Howie grabbed her and locked her in a passionate kiss. Tears were falling from everyone's eyes as we got them out of the pool. Things were going to be perfect. The newest backstreet baby would make its way into the world around the end of March 2008.