- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter~
WHAT?! "How?!" I asked. "They used those shocker things, and startled his heart, and he's alive. He's on oxygen right now." I jumped up and down for joy. "Oh my gosh!" I hugged Brian and said thank you for telling me that he would be okay. If I hadn't believed him, I probably wouldn't be here right now. I would have killed myself from being so sad. But he's alive! I was so happy, I started crying again, but this time, they were tears of happiness. All of his siblings were very happy, too. "When can we see him?" Aaron asked Brian. "We can see him right now. Come on!" We followed Brian into a room where Nick was. I let his brother and sisters go first and give him a hug and talk to him. Aj came up next to me. "Aren't you going to hug him and tell him you love him, too?" I looked at him. "Not yet, I wanna wait until he gets some time with his family first. Then you guys. Then me. I can wait.." I looked down. "Are you sure?" Aj asked. "Yeah, I"m sure. After all, he only gets to see his family for a little while. I can see him anytime I want. I can wait." Aj hugged me and went on up to Nick. Brian and Howie followed him.


Angel came up to me. "Aren't you going to see him?" I looked down again. "Not..not yet. It was best for you guys to see him first, being his family and all, and then the guys, since that's his second family. I'm down the line a little ways.. I can..I can wait." She looked at me. "Shannon, you're not far down the line. He loves you, just as much as he loves us and the guys. There is no line. We're all very close to him, we're all number one in his life. Don't ever think that he doesn't love you as much as us. He does. He told me he loves you very, very much." I looked at her. "When?" No one ever told me about that. "When he came home, we were all asking him questions, and one of them was if he found someone special yet, since he is 25, I mean, come on. He's gettin' old." I laughed. "And he said, 'Yeah, I found someone. Her name's Shannon, and she's the best thing that's ever come into my life besides you guys and the boys. She's one in a million. I think I'm in love with her.' When he told us about you, we were really wanting to meet you, and we did. You're perfect for him. Trust me. And we all know you love him bunches too, so it's not like you can hide it. So, get over there and go talk to that boy. He misses you. He's probably wondering why you're standing over here talking to me instead of over there with him. So go!" She gave me a little push and I walked over to him. I looked behind me, and BJ was getting everyone to leave the room so we would have some privacy. I turned back around and looked at Nick.



"Hey." I finally said. "How are you feeling?" He looked up at me. "I'm feeling great now that you finally walked over here." He took my hand. "I missed you." "I missed you, too. Sorry I took so long to get over here. I just thought that you would want to see your family first, and then the guys, since they're like your second family, and then I would come along somewhere down the line. Then, Angel started talking to me.." He stopped me. "Shannon, Shannon, you are not farther down the line. And anyways, what's this talk about a line? There is no line. You guys are all first in my life, and I love you all the same. Don't ever think that I need my family more than you. Don't ever think that I need the guys more than you. I don't need anyone more than anyone. I'm just happy I'm alive, and that you're here. If you weren't here, I would die. If my family wasn't here, I would die. Even if the guys weren't here, I would die. That is how much I need all of you." He finally stopped. Another tear ran down my cheek. "I..I'm sorry for thinking that, Nick. I..I was just so scared I would lose you. You don't know how much you mean to me. If you died, there would be no point in me living either. I'd die without you, because I love you." He stroked my hand. "You mean the world to me, Shannon. Don't ever forget that. If you died, I wouldn't be able to live either. I would go through life wondering what I did to deserve losing you. Eventually, I would give up. That's how much I love you." "Oh, Nick, I'm so glad you're alive. I wish I could hug you, but I don't wana hurt you." "Babe, it won't hurt." I leaned down and carefully gave him a warm hug. He whispered 'I love you' in my ear. I smiled. "Now, when do you get out of this joint?" I asked. "I think later on today, since it's now 4:30 in the morning. Aren't you tired?" I suddenly did feel a little tired. "Now that you mention it, yeah, I am. I'm guessing I'll be in a hotel until later on today, then." I said. "Yeah, you better get going. I'll see you later, babe." I let go of his hand and left the room.


When I got to the waiting room, everyone was waiting for me so we could get back to a hotel and get some rest. "You okay?" Howie asked. "Yeah, I'm great. And Brian," I said turning to Brian, "Thank you so much, again." "Hey, no problem." He gave me a quick hug. We all got into the limo and drove off towards a hotel. I put my head back, thinking about today. I was so happy Nick was alive. Now I could finally say my life was close to being perfect.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed it!