- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I started working on this one again-lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Riley Mae/Kylie Kay/Carly/Trixie Dixon, & story idea. Disney owns everything Hannah Montana. Thank-you!

A few months later, Riley could still not be found. It was as though, she had up and disappeared off the face of the planet. Jackson had kept his word to Miley, and had gone looking for their sister every chance he got – but, he’d yet to succeed in finding her. It was something that disheartened not only him, but Miley as well – which wasn’t helping Hannah Montana out too much.

“I don’t think I can do this much longer, Jackson,” Miley confessed, as they sat in Hannah’s dressing room for an Awards show. “It’s hard to fake a smile and pretend everything’s okay, when everything’s not okay. Riley’s gone and can’t be found; Daddy’s indifferent and angry all the time. Nothing’s like it used to be. What happened to us?”

“Grief is what happened,” Jackson sighed. “Grief, resentment, bitterness, anger, sadness, disrespect, the blame game… You name it Miles and it’s probably happened in the past few months.”

“Well, it’s not right,” Miley pouted, her Hannah wig cascading around her face.

“No, it’s not,” Jackson agreed. “But it still happened.”

“Well, I wish it hadn’t,” Miley grumbled. “I miss my sister.”

“As do I Miles,” Jackson whispered, as they heard the door click open.

“Showtime,” Robbie stated, eyeing them both accusingly. He’d a feeling they were up to something, but as to what he didn’t know.

“Let’s do this,” Miley said, trying to sound pumped up when on the inside she truly felt miserable.

Jackson gave her a re-assuring smile as she left with their father, before pulling out his cell phone and calling Oliver.

“Hey, any word yet?” He asked.

“No, not since last week,” Oliver sighed heavily. “She only called to let me know she was okay. She said she’d visit when she felt it safe enough to do so, and when she felt it right. So far, no such luck.”

Jackson sighed now. “That girl, I wish she’d just call me and let me know she was okay herself.”

“She probably knows you’d try and talk her into coming home,” Oliver pointed out. “And we all know you can talk her into just about anything, better than anyone. Even Miley has a hard time trying to get Kylie to do what she wants.”

“Yeah, you make a good point,” Jackson replied, wishing they could just come out and tell Lily and Oliver that Kylie wasn’t who they thought she was. “Well, keep me posted, alright?”

“Sure thing,” Oliver answered. “You know I want her back just as much as you guys do.”

“Thanks man,” Jackson said, then hung up before Oliver could say anymore. “If there’s one thing I’m sure of, I will find you Riles! I will if it’s the last thing I ever do!”

~~~~~

Trixie Dixon stood outside the Oprah Winfrey show in Chicago, Illinois. She was playing her guitar contently, in hopes of earning a few more dollars for lunch. She didn’t dare use any money in her bank account, and played her guitar to earn a few bucks for her meals. There was nothing like working for your meals.

“After twelve, not so well; won’t pretend it's too soon to tell, what’s 'round this bend,” Trixie sang. “No disgrace... about face... Anything not to have to chase, You down again.”

She smiled some as she saw a crowd gather to watch her perform.

“You know, nothing hurts like losing, when you know it's really gone. Except for the pain of choosing, to hold too long,” she continued. “I tried it your way, but I got nothing to show. It's been the same, same, and the story's getting old. So I guess the driveway will be the end of the road; for us it's too late, let the credits start to roll…”

She continued on singing, until she was finished, receiving applause – as well as the surprise of a lifetime.

“Excuse me, excuse me,” a voice spoke, and suddenly Oprah Winfrey appeared. “Hello. May I ask what your name is?”

Trixie’s jaw just about hit the ground in surprise. “Oh my God!”

Oprah smiled. “Well?”

“Trixie. Trixie Dixon, Ma’am,” Trixie managed to reply. “I’m sorry if I’m too close to your studio – it just seemed like a good, safe place to play.”

“It’s quite alright,” Oprah smiled. “How old are you Trixie?"

“Fifteen,” Trixie answered, almost shyly.

“Well, Trixie, how would you like to be on my show the day after tomorrow?” Oprah asked. “There’s really not much going on that day, and I’m sure we can squeeze you in. provided your folks are okay with it.”

Trixie looked a little nervous then. “Do they have to approve my appearance? Can I go on anyway?”

“Well, usually we get parental approval first, if the guest is under eighteen,” Oprah replied, eyeing her for a moment. “Is there some reason they wouldn’t approve?”

Trixie looked around awkwardly; glad security had moved the crowd back some, because of Oprah’s arrival. “Um…well, you see… They don’t exactly know I’m here, Ma’am.”

“Why don’t they…. Are you a runaway?” Oprah asked, making sure no one else overheard.

“If I were to say yes, you wouldn’t go and alert the authorities, would you?” Trixie wanted to know. “Because I can go home whenever I feel like. I just thought I’d surprise them all, by coming here though. It’s not a surprise if they know about it.”

“We’ll make an exception just this once,” Oprah stated. “So long as we can advertise your appearance tomorrow, so your family will know to watch.”

“Sure thing,” Trixie grinned, packing up her guitar and case. “I’m all for it.”

“Alright, let’s go take some footage of you then,” Oprah smiled. “This way we can advertise.”

“Thank-you,” Trixie said, following the Oprah inside. “I really appreciate this. This just may be my big break.”

“I’m glad I can help,” Oprah told her. “Now, c’mon. Let’s grab a muffin first, so we won’t be starving later on.”

Trixie shifted her guitar case, glad she’d thought to pocket the money she’d earned first. It’d be bad if she were to open her case and lose all her money.

~~~~~

The next day, Jackson sat watching television while Hannah rehearsed for her show that night. He was channel surfing profusely, but stopped on Oprah upon finding it.

“Well, let’s see who she has on today,” he commented to himself. “Maybe it’ll be someone Hannah knows.”

“On today’s show, we have my friend and yours, John Travolta,” Oprah announced. “He’s here to discuss the unexpected death of his son. And later, Dr. Oz will be here to answer some of your questions.”

Jackson shrugged. “Well, no one Hannah knows.”

“And tomorrow, we will have a newcomer to the music world,” Oprah continued. “This young girl was found right outside my studio last night, playing her guitar for everyone – so check back tomorrow for Trixie Dixon!”

“Trixie Dixon?” Jackson repeated, looking a bit confused. “I’ve never heard of her before.”

He watched as a photo of the girl suddenly flashed across the screen, causing him to almost leap off the couch in surprise. What caught his attention though, wasn’t her long black hair or green eyes – no, what had caught his attention was the blue guitar she was holding in the photo. Riley’s guitar!

“Oh my God!” Jackson exclaimed, still in shock. “I don’t believe this!”

He stood then, and immediately began grabbing things to pack. He had to get to the Oprah show – immediately! Though, how he was going to convince them he was a family member was another story. Maybe knowing her birthday and favourite colours would help.

Before leaving the tour bus, he wrote Miley a quick note, so she wouldn’t worry.

Miles,

I’ve found her! I’m going to go get her and work on bringing her home. You need to stay here and work on Dad, so maybe they’ll be able to resolve this when she comes home. You and I are a team now, and it’s up to us to pull this family back together!

Good luck!

Jackson

P.S. No going out with any boys while I’m gone!

He placed the note on her pillow, knowing their father never looked in their bunks unless he was waking them up. He didn’t bother leaving him a note either, as he figured their father would probably care less that another child of his had run of. So long as he had his precious Hannah all would be well in his little world.

He pulled his cell phone out, as he hailed a cab and told him where to go, hoping he’d arrive with plenty of time to spare.

“Hello, I need a flight to Chicago, Illinois immediately.”