- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Did y'all miss me? I'm ba-ack! Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Riley/Kylie/Carly/Trixie, & story idea. Disney owns everything Hannah Montana. Thank-you!
Miley searched frantically for her cell phone, diving for it upon finally spotting it. Soon as it was in her hot little hand, she pressed speed dial 3, calling her brother’s cell number. She waited impatiently for him to pick up, trying not to squeal too loudly upon hearing his voice.

“What’s up Miles?” Jackson questioned, as he answered his phone. He knew it was her, he’d caller ID.

“Jackson, you’ll never guess what Daddy and I are doing today!” She exclaimed quietly.

“I’m not one for guessing games,” Jackson reminded her. “So just spit it out.”

“Oh my God! This is so exciting!” Miley squealed softly.

“Miles, speak up,” Jackson said. “Why are you whispering? What’s so exciting? Are you nominated for a Grammy or something?”

“Ha! I wish,” Miley laughed slightly. “Anyways, I was eating my omelet before, when daddy came downstairs whistling.”

“So Dad’s a bit chipper this morning, what’s so exciting about that?” Jackson wanted to know, as he looked over at Riley rolling his eyes, causing her to giggle.

“What he said is what’s exciting,” Miley told him. “He said – oh, my God! I still can’t believe it!”

“Miley, just spit it out already!” Jackson ordered, growing slightly agitated.

“We’re coming to find y’all!” Miley finally squealed. “He said he’d an epiphany last night and wants to find y’all and bring y’all home!”

“Dad said what!?” Jackson shouted somewhat into the phone. “Are you serious? You better not be pulling my leg here, Miles.”

“Jackson, I’m more serious than Uncle Earl when he’s spotted a cheeseburger.”

“Did he say anything else?” Jackson wanted to know, as he glanced over in Riley’s direction.

“I asked him about Hannah’s upcoming appearances,” Miley began, then paused for dramatic effect.

And…?” Jackson pressed.

“He said Hannah’s just gonna have to wait!” Miley squealed once more.

“Miley, that isn’t very funny,” Jackson stated, not sure if he ought to believe her, despite her excited squeals. “You know how important that is to some of us.”

“I’m not trying to be funny, Jackson!” Miley answered, as she began to pack her things. “He said Hannah is going to have to wait, because bringing you guys home is more important.”

Jackson’s eyebrows shot up, gaining the curiosity of Riley, who still sat watching him and listening to his end of the conversation.

“So, if you just tell me where you guys are, I can tell Daddy, and we can come and get you!” Miley cheered, though careful not to attract her father’s attention – who knew where in the house he was at, at the moment.

“No,” Jackson suddenly said firmly, getting up and walking away from Riley sat, after giving her a Look that clearly said stay put.

Miley paused in her packing. “What do you mean no?!”

“If he wants to find us that bad, he has to work for it,” Jackson told her firmly. “After all he’s done, it’s the least he can do.”

“But Daddy said….”

“Miley, those are just words,” Jackson cut her off. “Actions speak volumes. If he finds us on his own, that shows he truly means it and wants us back home again.”

“But Jackson….”

“I’m sorry, Miles,” Jackson apologized, hating to have to hurt her feelings like this. “I don’t mean to squash your happy bubble, but Dad’s got to do it on his own. If I tell you and you guys come straight away, Riles will hate me for it. And I can’t do that to her. Not after all she’s had to go through and put up with.”

“What about what I’ve had to go through and put up with?” Miley demanded, suddenly feeling angry with her brother. “What am I, just a piece of chopped liver to you?”

“Miley, you know I care about you too,” Jackson re-assured her. “But you’re also Riley’s twin, so you’ve got to have some inkling of how she’s feeling right now. She’s still torn on the idea of going home. She wants to set things right, but is still terrified she’ll go home and have everything backfire on her. So, please, just give her a little more time.”

“She has as long as it takes for Daddy and I to find you guys and not a moment more,” Miley stated firmly. “I’ve been here by myself long enough and I’m not going to take it anymore.”

“I promise you, when you guys finally find us, she’ll be more eager to head on home, okay?”

“I’m trusting you here Jackson.”

“There’s words I’d never thought I’d hear from you,” Jackson commented.

“Words I never thought I’d actually end up saying,” Miley laughed. “Well, see you when I see you! And take good care of her, boy! I don’t want to have to beat you up now.”

“Bye Miles,” Jackson laughed some, as he closed his cell phone, disconnecting their call. He shook his head as he made his way back over to where Riley sat.

“So what was all that about?” Riley demanded almost immediately. “What’s got Miles all excited?”

“You’ll find out when the time is right,” Jackson replied, not wanting to reveal their father’s revelation to her yet. She’d find out what the call was all about the moment they were found and not a moment before – not if he could help it. The moment was too good to be true, so why get her hopes up only to have them fall again?

Riley scowled at him, her arms crossed over her chest in protest. “I can always just call Miles up and ask her, you know.”

“She won’t tell you a thing,” Jackson replied confidently. “We’ve a pact going on right now.”

“She’s my twin, she tells me everything!” Riley argued.

“Riles, did you tell her everything?” Jackson countered.

“Um…. no,” Riley sighed. “You’re the one I told everything too.”

“Exactly my point,” Jackson smirked. “Just because you’re twins, doesn’t mean you share everything with one another.”

Riley huffed slightly, as she began to pout. “If it was about me, I’ve a right to know.”

“Just let it go, okay?” Jackson said, draping an arm over her shoulders. “You know I love you, and only want to look out for you. I’ve you’re best interest at heart. Just trust me.”

“I’ve always trusted you,” Riley sighed. “You’re my walking, talking diary, as I told Oprah.”

Jackson laughed. “Yeah, and I’m never going to live that one down, once Miles hears about it.”

Riley couldn’t help but crack a smile at that. “Yeah, she won’t let you. Oh, well. I’ve got some blackmail on her too.”

“Do tell,” Jackson urged, nudging his sister slightly.

“I don’t have a death wish, thanks,” Riley smirked. “If you won’t tell me what she said, then I won’t tell you the blackmail.”

“Oooh. You’re an evil one,” Jackson teased.

“I learned from the best…Miley.”

“Hey!” Jackson exclaimed, feigning hurt. “I’m more evil than she is!”

“No, you’re just weird,” Riley confirmed, as she moved to begin packing up their picnic lunch. “Now, c’mon. I wanna go for a walk, and I’m not leaving this mess here.”

Jackson shook his head, as he helped her pack everything up. “You want to go back to the motel first? Or just carry this stuff around?”

“Motel first, I guess,” Riley shrugged. “But are you sure my guitar is safe there? What if somebody breaks in and steals it?”

“Riles, you worry way too much,” Jackson concluded. “Now, c’mon.”

Riley scowled, but followed him back to their hotel nonetheless. She knew there was no point in arguing about it, as her brother was right. She did tend to worry too much at times.