- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well folks, this is it. I hope you enjoyed this fic as much as I enjoyed writing it. But alas, it has finally come to end end. Enjoy!

Only own Riley/Kylie/Carly/Trixie, Connor, teachers, & story idea. Disney owns everything Hannah Montana. Thank-you! Songs are As I Am, & I Miss You by Miley Cyrus. Who Needs The World is by Nick Carter.

It’s been four months since Hannah Montana had surprised Trixie Dixon live on Oprah. Since then, Riley and Jackson had returned home and gone back to their normal lives. Well, mostly normal lives. Some things did change – the family had secretly gone to therapy to help resolve their issues, and so far, so good. And the fact Riley had never been allowed to sing had changed as well. Since coming home, she’d been allowed in the studio and had recorded her first album pretty quick. Not that it was hard to do, seeing as she’d been writing her own material for years, and even had music to go with the lyrics.

“Are you nervous?” Connor asked Trixie, who stood backstage watching Hannah.

“I feel like I’m going to hurl,” Trixie replied honestly. “I wasn’t even this nervous when I went on Oprah for the first time. But this – this is just – wow!”

“You’ll be fine Trix,” Oliver, who was dressed as his alter ego, Mike, assured her. “You sing better than Hannah any day.”

“You’re just biased,” Lily, who was dressed as Lola, piped up. “Since you’re dating her and all.”

Trixie gave a small laugh. She was glad their friends hadn’t turned on her when she’d finally told them the truth about her identity. She was greatly surprised though, when Oliver had finally asked her out. It seemed he’d liked her as much as she liked him, and he’d been going absolutely crazy when she disappeared on everyone. He’d even made her promise that if she ever went anywhere without him, to at least call him, so he wasn’t so deprived of her beautiful voice.

“Are y’all ready to meet someone very special to me?” Hannah could be heard asking the excited audience. “Now, y’all know her as Trixie Dixon….”

The crowd could be heard screaming and glow sticks were seen being waved like crazy.

“But,” Hannah continued on, after her short pause. “I know her as my sister!”

The audience could be heard gasping then. They knew Hannah had a brother, but they’d no idea she’d a sister.

Trixie glanced over at their father then, wondering if he’d known Hannah was going to tell the world that she was her sister. She was surprised to see him standing there smiling at her in approval.

“Go on out Darlin’,” Robbie encouraged. “The crowd’s awaitin’.”

Trixie smiled, as she moved to hug him tight. She’d never felt so happy in her life!

Robbie returned the hug, kissing her head. “Do me proud, Sweetheart.”

“Trixie, are you coming out here or what?” Hannah demanded a moment later. “Everybody’s waiting.”

Trixie laughed, as she grabbed her microphone and headed on out. “Hold your horses, Hannah.”

Hannah hugged Trixie tightly. “Can you tell we’re sisters?”

“I bet y’all are wondering why we’ve different last names,” Trixie smirked. “Well, it’s because I wanted to be a little more unique. I wanted to be able to stand out on my own, since my music is a little different than Hannah’s. I’m really hoping y’all like my album, which will be out in stores tomorrow!”

“Now, who wants to hear us sing?” Hannah shouted into her microphone. “Are y’all ready to party?”

The crowd cheered, as the two pop stars smiled at one another, before starting in on the song they had recently co-written.

Gonna stay in bed today
‘Cause I can’t face the light
Don’t know why I get so down

Trixie and Hannah walked by one another as they sang to the excited young crowd before them. They’d written this on the flight back home four months earlier, and were hoping the fans would enjoy it.

I won’t be much fun tonight
And I can’t believe
You still wanna hang around me

Trixie waved to the crowd, as Hannah reached down to grab some hands that were reaching up for them. They then turned and sang to the other, smiles on their faces.

It’s not so pretty all the time
You don’t mind
To you it’s all right

Trixie and Hannah sang the song until it was finished, then Hannah waved to the crowd and ran off the stage. Trixie took a nervous gulp as she looked out at the crowd before her. She’d gone onstage as Hannah before, but never as herself in front of an audience so large.

“Hey y’all,” she squeaked slightly into her microphone. “I hope y’all don’t mind if I sing some of my stuff for you. But please know I’m a little nervous. I’ve never sung in front of some many people before.”

She glanced backstage and spotted Hannah watching her excitedly. She smiled, and launched into her first single, A Place In This World. Afterward, she sang Just A Girl, Tied Together With A Smile, and Clear.

“Okay y’all, now I’m actually going to sing something that Hannah borrowed from me, and took credit for,” Trixie explained, as she retrieved her blue guitar, and sat upon the stool that’d been brought out for her. “Let’s just say, sibling rivalry happens to the best of us.”

She gave a contented sigh, then launched into the song that had always truly been hers and not her sister’s.

You used to call me your angel
Said I was sent straight down from Heaven
You’d hold me close in your arms
I love the way you felt so strong
I never wanted you to leave
I wanted you to stay here holding me

She swallowed hard; as she felt her eyes fill with tears, knowing pictures of her mother were being flashed across the screen behind her. She was very young in some of them, so hopefully nobody would recognize her – especially since even then, she was always wearing wigs.

I miss you,
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in awhile
And even though it’s different now
You’re still here somehow
My heart won’t let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you
Sha la la la la
I miss you

She continued on, putting her heart and soul into this performance, more so than all the others she’d done previously.

You used to call me your dreamer
And now I’m living out my dream
Oh, how I wish you could see
Everything that’s happening for me
I’m thinking back on the past
It’s true that time is flying by too fast

She looked skyward, as she launched into the chorus for the second time.

I miss you,
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in awhile
And even though it’s different now
You’re still here somehow
My heart won’t let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you
Sha la la la la
I miss you

She continued on and finished the song to extremely loud applause, and she could hear her brother whistling from the side of the stage where he stood. She set her guitar back on its stand, and spoke into her microphone once more.

“Thank-you,” she said softly, wiping her eyes a little. “I wrote that for my Mom, since I miss her so much. I hope it’s helped anyone who has lost someone dear to them.”

She listened to the cheers she received, and smiled. “Now, whose ready for Hannah Montana!?”

The crowd roared in response, the sound almost deafening. She laughed, as she gave a final wave and ran off the stage, and into her brother’s awaiting arms.

“You were fantastic, Kiddo!” Jackson praised. “The crowd absolutely loved you!”

“Thanks,” Trixie grinned. “But I think they still love Hannah more. Hehe.”

Hannah laughed. “Well, I’m sure they’ll love you quite a bit soon enough. They just need to get to know you a little better.”

“Your fans are chanting,” Trixie giggled, as she moved to hug her sister next. “Go get ‘em!”

“Will do!” Hannah smiled, as she ran back out onstage. “Whose ready to par-tay!?”

Trixie laughed some more, as she moved to hug Mike. She loved how the world figured out quickly that Mike and Trixie were dating and were cool with it; yet back at home, everyone was shocked to learn Oliver was dating Riley. Though, they were even more shocked to learn that Kylie Cyrus had really been Riley Stewart – Miley’s twin!

“Thank-you for letting me do this, Daddy,” Trixie smiled, hugging her father at last. “Tonight’s the greatest night of my life thus far!”

“And I’m sure it’ll only get better from here on out.” Robbie replied, hugging her tightly. “They loved you out there Darlin’.”

Trixie beamed happily, as she ran over to the buffet table backstage and grabbed up a cheese sandwich. She’d been too nervous to eat earlier, but now she was starved! She stood eating, as she watched her sister perform for the world. Yes, the world. Part of why she’d been so nervous, was because this particular concert was being broadcasted live all over the world!

A short while later, Hannah called her sister back out onstage to share the spotlight.

“Oh, Trixie,” she called sweetly. “I need you out here with me. I’m feeling a little lonely.”

Trixie came out laughing, as she ran over and tackled her twin in a bear hug. “I was feeling a little lonely backstage myself.”

“Sing something with me!” Hannah insisted. “Anything you want!”

Trixie smirked. “Ever a Nick Carter song?”

“Even a Nick Carter song,” Hannah nodded enthusiastically. “Or a Backstreet Boys song, or the Chipmunks – anything!”

Trixie giggled. “I don’t think they wanna hear the Chipmunks.”

Hannah shrugged. “I don’t think they’d mind too much. Not if we’re the ones singing.”

“Well, what do you wanna sing?” Trixie challenged her sister. “Why do I have to choose?”

“To be honest, I want to sing a Nick Carter song,” Hannah smiled. “Besides, I know you secretly do as well.”

“I don’t think it’s any secret that I love Nick Carter,” Trixie smirked. “But, sure! Let’s sing one now for everybody!”

The music for Who Needs The World began to play then, and Trixie immediately began to sing, unaware of what was about to happen.

Yeah, oh
I stare at your face,
Into your eyes
Outside there’s so much passing us by
All of the sounds,
All of the sights
Over the earth, and under the sky
Too much cold and too much rain
Too much heartache to explain

She eyed her sister in confusion, wondering why Hannah hadn’t joined in on the singing. She went to sing the chorus, but then heard a voice she’d never in a million years expected to hear, and froze.

Who needs the world when I’ve got you?
Switch off the sun, the stars, and the moon
I’ve all I need inside of this room
Who needs the world when I’ve got you?

She turned slowly, her eyes extremely wide, as her mind blanked; causing her to not hear the excited screams from the audience. She felt her jaw hit the floor as a high-pitched shriek escaped her, and she stood there staring in absolute shock.

The music paused a moment then, and the man who’d suddenly appeared onstage, spoke into his microphone.

“Hi Trixie.”

Nick!” Trixie screeched, her hands instantly clamping over her mouth. She felt her eyes fill with tears, and she desperately tried to blink them back as he made his way over to her.

“In the flesh,” Nick Carter smirked, as he wiped the tears that had escaped, from her face.

“Don’t go fainting on me now,” Hannah spoke, quickly moving to stand behind Trixie. “I need you in order to finish the rest of the show.”

“It’s Nick Carter!” Trixie exclaimed in a whisper, though everyone heard her because of her microphone. “Hannah, there’s a Backstreet Boy right in front of me!”

“I know,” Hannah laughed. “Now, why don’t you sing the rest of the song with him, while I go do a quick costume change?”

Trixie gave a small squeal of excitement, her eyes still bugging out of her head and a wide grin spreading across her face.

“Music please,” Nick cued, though a moment later Trixie spoke.

“Oh my God! I don’t remember the words!”

Nick laughed. “Oh, I’m sure you will. Just picture me as a poster you’re singing to, and you’ll be fine.”

Trixie blushed slightly, as she gave him a sheepish grin. The music started up once more, and she began to sing with one of her Idols.

Oh, no, no
I walk on the street
Talk in the dark
I see people’s dreams just falling apart
I open my arms
Tried to be true
Seems like my only truth was you
Am I wrong?
Or am I right?
All I want is you tonight

Trixie glanced backstage just as her and Nick were about to sing the chorus for a second time. She spotted her family and friends, and knew she truly did have all that she needed in the room right then – with the added plus of Nick Carter! She flashed them all a warm smile, as she continued on with the song, her gaze never once leaving theirs.

Who needs the world when I’ve got you?
Switch off the sun, the stars, and the moon
I’ve all I need inside of this room
Who needs the world when I’ve got you?

Who needs the stars so bright, and the grass so green, and the morning light?
Who needs the wind to blow, and the tide to rise?
Who needs it…I don’t know
I don’t know
Yeah…