- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a special holiday episode of 00Carter. Believe it or not, we started this back in the summer of 2009, and it has taken us 3 1/2 years to get our shit together enough to finish it. This is why we update so infrequently! That said, this episode is posted in its entirety, and we hope you enjoy it! Happy Holidays, and thanks for reading!




Prologue


In a picturesque living room, a snug, oriental rug lies upon a pristine wooden floor, before a roaring fireplace. On the mantle, two stockings are hung with care, displaying the names “00Carter” and “Drums” upon them in red and green sequins. Beside the fireplace is a full Douglas fir Christmas tree, sparkling with a rainbow of lights that make the various ornaments upon it shine. Several adorable children come into the living room from the door leading outside. They shed their winter coats excitedly and sit upon the rug to warm themselves by the fire. On either side of the rug sits a red leather La-Z-Boy armchair.

Two men enter the room as the kids settle down. One displays a charming grin, running a hand through his golden blonde hair. He’s wearing a forest green sweater vest patterned with snowflakes over a cream-colored turtleneck and black slacks he doesn’t look comfortable in at all. The other is disturbing at first glance, despite his passive movements. One eye is missing and replaced by a robotic headband, with a red light blinking where the eye would be. The other, light blue eye looks around the room. His hair is curly and reminiscent of a Chia Pet. He wears a bright red sweater with a large Christmas tree on the front, along with red and green plaid slacks.

The children cheer as the two each smile at them. Each man holds a cup of steaming hot cocoa, as they all quiet down again.

“What a wonderful time of year it is!” says Nick, glancing at Drums.

“Dat’s right,” Drums agrees. “It be da-“

Nick clears his throat. “Ahem. My dear Drums, perhaps we can talk a bit clearer, for our younger guests.” He smirks at Drums, ignoring the look of loathing Drums gives him when the kids aren’t looking.

“Right you are, Nick!” replies Drums. “Pip pip, cheerio! What I meant to say was, it certainly is the best and most joyous time of year! A time for giving…”

Nick nods. “And a time for sharing! It’s a time when all of the fighting and petty things must be put aside.”

Drums swings his arm around Nick, showing a silver hand resting atop Nick’s shoulders. “Right-o! And it’s a time when we can all start anew and forgive all the wrongdoings of the past.”

Nick gives a grin so big, it seems to be testing the endurance of his cheeks. “So we come together now, Himitsu Takana…”

“…and FANS alike,” Drums chimes in, “now at Christmas… here to give you…”

“…a special Christmas treat!” Nick finishes.

“We have for you two tales that show to you dears the true meaning of Christmas!” announces Drums.

“And the lessons that come along with it!” adds Nick.

“So now,” says Drums, “we give you our first holiday tale.”

Each man sits in his respective chair, Nick on the right and Drums on the left. The kids look up at them eagerly with shining eyes.

Nick takes a sip from his cocoa. “Twelve Hours Before Christmas.” He pulls out a slim book with the title on the cover. He shows it to the kids with a smile, before he opens it and begins to read. “’Twas twelve hours before Christmas, and all through HimTak…”


± ± ±