- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is the next chapter. Sorry for the late post, I was busy with Uni work. Tell me what you think.

Justin knocked on Lexy’s door at exactly half past 7:30. It was Paula who opened the door and let him inside the room.

“She’ll be out in a min-“before she could finish what she’s saying, Lexy came out of her room with Hardeep following closely behind.

“Wow, I know this is cliché but you look beautiful” Justin told her making her blush a little. Then he handed the white lilies that he bought earlier.

“Thanks, how did you know I like white lilies?” she asked him handing the flowers to Tiny at the same time.

“I got some pointers” he answered looking pointedly at Hardeep. “Should we go?”

Lexy said goodbye to her friends before going out of the door that Justin hold open for her. When they arrived in the lobby, Lexy started walking towards the entrance to go out of the hotel but before she could take two more steps Justin stopped her and led her towards the pool area.

“I hope you don’t mind I made some arrangements” he said when he saw the confusion written on her face. But when the pool area came in to view she was completely speechless by what she saw. The big pool is filled with floating candles that smelled like green apple and it’s also scattered all around the pavement but there was also petals floating on the pool. Then at the end of the pool on the other side is a table for two with a single candle in the middle and more lantern candle around the table on the ground. To say the least, it was completely breathtaking.

“Uhm, wow. This is so-“she couldn’t finish her sentence all she could do was stare. “You went all out Justin. You didn’t have to, you could’ve just taken me to McDonalds” she took a sit on the other chair near her but she still keeps on looking around.

“First of all, I’ve never taken any date to McDonalds and secondly I just thought you’d like this better than expensive restaurants with bad food and third, aren’t I supposed to sweep you off your feet?” he smiled at her taking a sit across the table as well. “How am I doing so far?”

She laughed; she couldn’t help it he looks so adorable like a kid waiting to be praised. “You’re doing well so far”

When they were both settled on their seat the waiter came to read off of the menu. Lexy ordered a salad for appetiser and Justin ordered crab soup.

“So how do you like America so far?” Justin started while they’re waiting for their appetiser.

“It’s ok, I mean the weather is better here, but New York and London are kind of the same. Fast pace and loads of people.”

“Trace mentioned that you want to buy a house in Florida. Do you have anything specific?”

“Well since I’m leaving alone, I don’t need a big ass house just a 3 or 4 bedroom houses and I’m ok.”

“I’ll help you find your dream house if you want” he offered her.

“I might take you up on that”

The waiter came with their food and left them alone again. The dinner is going well so far and Lexy is actually enjoying her self. When they finished their dessert the conversation got a little serious especially when Justin brought up the topic of relationship.

“I don’t want to talk about that right now please” she said when Justin asked her what happen to her previous relationship.

“I’m sorry it’s just that I’m curious why you’re so closed of. I’m not gonna talk about it unless you’re ready to talk”

“Thank you” was all she could say because before she can say anything else she heard a music that started playing coming from the far left corner of the pool area. She looked at Justin for an answer but all she got in return is a sheepish smile her way.

“Can I have this dance” he finally asked when he was standing in front of her. Lexy just took his offered hand and they walk on the space beside the pool surrounded by candles and flower petals.

Lexy heard the song for the first time and for some reason it’s making her heart beat so fast.

Justin took her hand and guided it to his shoulder without saying any word and just looking in her eyes.

They read you Cinderella
You hoped it would come true
That one day your prince charming would come rescue you
You like romantic movies
And you never will forget
The way it felt when Romeo kissed Juliette
And all this time that you’ve been waiting
You don’t have to wait no more

“I thought this song say everything I wanted to say to you, that’s why I picked it.” He explained as they sway to the music.

I can love you like that
I would make you my world
Move heaven and earth if you were my girl
I would give you my heart
Be all that you need
Show you you’re everything that’s precious to me
If you give me a chance, I can love you like that

By the next verse, Justin started singing together with the song and all it did was made Lexy’s heart beat faster than before if that’s possible.

I never make a promise
I don’t intend to keep
So when I say forever
Forever’s what I mean
I’m no Casanova
But I swear this much is true,
Ill be holding nothing back
When it comes to you
You dream of love that’s everlasting
Well baby open up your eyes...

“I wish it’s just that easy Justin. I really do, but it’s not” she told him.

“I’ll do anything to change your mind. I’ll wait and do the courtship thing if that’s what it takes” he smiled at her and all she can do is shake her head and smile back.

I can love you like that
I would make you my world
Move heaven and earth if you were my girl
I would give you my heart
Be all that you need
Show you you’re everything that’s precious to me
If you give me a chance, I can love you like that

If you want tenderness
I’ve got tenderness
And I see through to the heart of you
If you want a man
Who will understand
You don’t have to look very far

I can love you, girl I can (I can love you love you)

When the song finishes, Justin went over to the reception leaving Lexy in the pool area and she thank the waiters that served them tonight. After a few minutes, Justin came back and they both walk back to the elevator. On the way, the manager of the hotel stopped them to talk.

“Did you have a good time Ms Stevenson, Mr Timberlake?” he asked both of them.

“Yes thank you, we did” Justin answered the man.

“Thank you Mr Grieves” Lexy said to the man.

They then continue to walk to the elevator. Inside the elevator, Justin couldn’t help but stare at her.

“What?” she asked

“Nothing, you just amazed me. How come the manager seems to respect you so much than normal?”

“He’s supposed to do that Justin, I’m their boss” she answered with a little laugh. But all she got is a confused look on his face.

“What do you mean you’re their boss?” he asked as they stepped off of the elevator.

“It’s a long story and we’re here” she indicated in front of her hotel door.

“We could go to my room and hang out” he suggested to her. Lexy gave it some thought before agreeing. But she told him that she’ll have to change out of this dress first so they separated. As soon as she opened her door she found four pairs of eyes staring at her expectantly. She just looked at them and rolled her eyes not saying anything as she continues in her room. But the other’s followed her in.

 “Come on you’re killing us” Michelle finally said with everyone agreeing behind her.

 “What?” she asked them and picking up a red tank top and a black jogging pants and changing in to them.

“The date woman, the fucking date” Hardeep said clearly aggravated.

“It was fun and it was so romantic. He took me to the hotel’s pool side and it was surrounded with lanterns and floating candles on the pool with petals as well. Then we ate dinner and danced to a slow song. The end.” she said in one breath.

“Aww, did you have fun then? Are you gonna continue dating him? Did you finally agree to be his girlfriend?” Tiny asked.

“Whoa, one at a time let see, yes I did have fun, and second if he ask me to a dinner again I’ll say yes and third I didn’t agree to be his girlfriend because he didn’t ask and if he did I would have to decline. But he did sweep me off my feet”

“Why are you in a hurry? Where are you going?” Paula asked from the bed where she’s sitting.

“Justin asked me to hang out in his room and we’ll talk” she answered grabbing her keys and making her way to the door. “Are you guys going out later?”

“Yea but we’ll go around 11pm though so if you want to come with us be back then”

“Nah, I’ll skip it, have fun though. Bye!” she was out of the door before they could answer.

 

“I can love you like that” by Boyz II Men

Chapter End Notes:
I'm doing my dissertation so I won't be able to post as often as I want to but i'll try anyway