- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
wow 2 chapters in 1 day haha only cuzz it was so nicely requested
Ashley put her phone down and walked into her closet where she where she had finally unpacked all of her clothes. She wanted to be casual but she knew she wanted to make an impression. Sighing she looked threw the shirts on the shelves. She finally decided on a denim mini skirt she had bought on her last shopping trip with Angel and a cute pink tank top. She laid the clothes out on her bed and made her way into the kitchen. She knew Denise would want to talk to her before she went to bed so she sucked it up and decided to apologize for her little outburst so could go unbothered for the rest of the night.

“Hey.” She smiled timidly as she walked into the small dining room off the kitchen.

“Deciding to join us?” Denise asked looking up from her meal.

“It smelt good.” She took a seat across from AJ as Denise passed her a plate. “I’m sorry about how I acted earlier…it’s just been a crazy day, I wasn’t thinking.”

“It’s alright sweetheart. I understand you want to make friends here but I also have to think of your safety.” Denise smiled at her.

“I know.” She sighed taking a few bites of her food. She felt bad lying but it wasn’t going to kill anyone for her to go out and have a little fun. She quickly finished her dinner and stood up bringing her plate to the kitchen.

“Can I be excused.” She said walking back into the room faking a yawn. “It’s been a long day, I’m really tired.”

“Sure sweetie.” Denise smiled. “Have a good night.”

“Night.” She hugged her. She looked at AJ and sighed deciding to be nice for once. “Good night.”

“Night kiddo.” He smiled a little, glad that she at least acknowledged him.

Ashley walked back into her room and glanced at the clock. It was already nine and she still needed to get ready and figure out exactly how she was going to sneak out.

When she was finished getting ready she glanced at the clock again. It was now ten. She knew she would have to start making her way out soon.

She opened her door and heard voices coming from the living room. She walked down the hall a little and peeked in seeing Marcus and AJ sitting on the couch watching South Park.

‘They can’t just make this easy and go to bed?’ she thought to herself as she made her way back to her room. She knew the front door was out of the question now. That left her either the back door or her window.

She opened her window and looked down. It was about five feet from the ground. She knew she could make the jump, she just didn’t want to get dirty. Looking at the clock once more she knew Derek would be there soon. Feeling it was a little breezy she grabbed a light sweater and her purse and cell phone. She pulled her desk chair over to the window and got on top of it. She climbed out the window and jumped down to the ground landing on her feet.

“And she sticks the landing.” She laughed as she made her way down the walkway and towards the front gate. She was there for about five minutes when Derek pulled up in his black BMW.

‘God, even his car is hot.’ She thought to herself as the drivers side window rolled down.

“Glad you could get out of the house.” He smiled at her. She made her way to the passenger side and got in. She smiled at him shyly as he pulled away from the curb.

“So how far away is this party?” she looked over at him as he drove.

“Only about 15 minutes away. Rocky Point is where we always hang out. It’s towards the end of the boardwalk. We have a nice bon fire set up and a few kegs. Do you drink?”

“I’m not too big on beer but I guess I can settle.” She teased.

“Oh really? What do you prefer then?” he laughed.

“The real deal…vodka, tequila, mixed drinks.” She smirked. “Beer is good too there’s just way to many calories. Gotta watch the figure.”

“Please. Have you looked in the mirror? You have an awesome body.” He looked her up and down. “I’m sure a few beers wouldn’t kill you.”

She knew he was laying it on thick but she didn’t care, he was beyond gorgeous and he thought she was pretty. She was eating it up and he knew it. A few minutes later they pulled up to the parking lot. Derek got out of the car and opened the door for her. She smiled at him as she got out of the car. He took her hand and led her down to the beach where a group of people had already assembled around a bon fire. There was music playing and people dancing and talking.

“Derek! My man what’s up!” Ashley recognized his friend from the beach as he approached them.

“Hey Donner.” He greeted him.

“You’re that chick from the beach today right?” he turned his attention to Ashley.

“Yea, Ashley.” She introduced herself.

“Sorry about almost hitting you.” He laughed.

“It’s all good, I’m still in one piece.” She smiled at him.

“Why don’t we go get something to drink?” Derek said placing a hand on her waist leading her to the area where the kegs were set up.

About an hour later and a few beers down Ashley began to loosen up. Everyone had been really nice and welcoming towards her except for one girl who kept glaring at her.

“Who’s that girl who keeps staring over here?” she asked.

“Oh who Tiffany?” Derek looked over at the girl and rolled his eyes. “Just ignore her. That’s Donner’s little sister, she kinda has a thing for me but she’s not really my type…doesn’t know how to have fun.”

“Can’t say I blame her there.” She smirked at him as she licked her lips. “But I know how to have fun.”

“Wanna go dance?” Derek smiled back at her. She nodded and he took her hand leading her closer to the bon fire.

She turned, her back facing him as he pulled her body to his. She grinded her hips in time with the music as he held her close. She jumped a little when she felt his lips on her neck, but warmed up to his kisses. He placed a hand on her waist turning her to face him as they continued to dance. He looked down at her and smirked before lowering his mouth to hers kissing her gently before parting her lips with his tongue. She was hesitant at first but then welcomed his kiss. She felt his hands slide from her waist to her butt and she pulled away from him.

“What?” he asked catching his breath.

“I shouldn’t be doing this…I just met you,” she shook her head a little trying to regain control of the situation. “and especially not with all these people around.”

“Why don’t we go for a walk?” He smiled and leaned down kissing her quick.

She smiled at him and nodded as he took her hand and led her down the beach. After walking for about five minutes Derek stopped and took a seat in the sand pulling Ashley down next to him. She sat down and he laid back in the sand resting his hands behind his head and staring up at the sky.

“There are a lot of stars out tonight.” He finally spoke a few moments later.

“Yea.” Ashley said timidly still sitting in her spot next to him. He sat back up putting an arm around her shoulder and smiling at her.

“I’m sorry about earlier…I was just in the moment. I didn’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable.”

“You didn’t…I’m just not big on PDA.” She laughed a little and smiled back at him. Their eyes locked and he leaned in again taking her into a deep kiss.

As he kissed her he leaned her back into the sand. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he hovered over her. As their kisses intensified he decided to try and make another move on her hoping since they were alone she wouldn’t stop him. He slowly slid one hand up her shirt and much to his surprise she let him.

A little while later Ashley felt him removing his hand from her shirt. It was then moved to her thigh. She froze as she felt him move his hand further up, pushing him away from her.

“What’s wrong?” he asked looking down at her.

“I can’t do this.” She said.

“What are you talking about?” he looked at her confused. “I though you said you liked to have fun.”

“Hooking up with you is one thing but I just met you…I’m not gonna have sex with you.” She looked at him as if he were insane.

“What happened to ‘I’m not your average girl.’ “he said visibly angry that she had stopped him.

“Last time I checked that didn’t mean easy.” She gave him a dirty look.

“Babe, being with me is a one way ticket to everything at HB. You would really wanna give that all up cuz’ you don’t wanna put out?”

She stared at him in disbelief. She couldn’t believe she had actually fallen for all the game that he was throwing at her.

“At least I’ll still have my dignity and self respect.”

“Whatever, you’re a fuckin tease just like all those other stupid girls.” He rolled his eyes getting up and brushing the sand off of him. “Good luck getting home.”

She stared at him in disbelief…was he really just going to leave her to find her own way home just because she wouldn’t have sex with him? He really was an ass hole.

“I’m screwed.” She sighed as she walked along the beach back to where the parking lot was.

She pulled out her cell phone seeing it was already one in the morning. She knew she only had two options and although in the end she didn't know which one was worse she knew who she had to call.

She hit the speed dial on her phone and waited for a response.

“Hello?” answered the raspy voice after a few rings. She could tell he had been sleeping and she knew he would be pissed.

“Hey Alex.” She said nervously.

“Ashley?” he finally looked at the caller ID. “Why the hell are you calling me from your…” he stopped mid sentence “you better be calling me from your room.”

“Funny story…” she started but he cut her off.

“Where are you?” she couldn’t tell if the infliction in his voice was anger or nervousness.

“You can’t tell mom but I went to that party and I need you to come pick me up.”

“Where are you?” he sighed.