- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry it took a little while the end of the semester is crazy...LEAVE FEEDBACK! this is a good 1 :-)
“Thanks for picking my up from practice babe.” Ashley said as she got into Steven’s car.

“You know I don’t mind. Do you guys have practice tomorrow?” he asked as he made his way in the direction of her home.

“Nope, thank god. I needed a break after this week.” Ashley sighed looking out the window. It was already beginning to get dark out and as much as she was glad Denise had left her alone she was kind of scared to be at home by herself after dark.

Steven pulled into her complex a few minutes later and put the car into park as he pulled into the driveway.

“I forgot to leave a light on when I left this afternoon.” Ashley said looking at the dark house. “I know my mom said I couldn’t have anyone over but can you come in with me? It’s kind of scary walking in to the dark alone.”

“Sure c’mon, I’ll protect you.” He laughed shutting off the car and getting out taking her practice bag for her as she dug threw her purse for her keys.

She unlocked the door and switched on the hall light.

“Everything look safe?” Steven asked walking in behind her.

“I guess. It just gets kinda scary here at night.” She said walking towards the living room to turn on more lights. “Can you stay for a little?”

“You won’t get in trouble?” he asked sitting on the couch.

“What my mom doesn’t know won’t hurt her.” She smiled taking a seat next to him. “I can order some pizza and we can watch a movie.”

“Sounds good to me.” He smiled putting his arm around her and pulling her close to him.

She grabbed the phone from the table behind the couch before resting back against him, dialing the pizzeria and placing her order.

“What do you want to watch?” she turned her head slightly looking up at him.

“Whatever you want baby, you know I’m not picky.”

“Well I guess let’s just watch some TV for now. We can watch the movie in my room after we eat. It’s more comfortable in there.”


Thirty minutes later the pizza arrived. They ate their dinner and then made there way into Ashley’s room. They decided to watch ’40 Days and 40 Nights’. They got comfortable on the bed and Ashley started the movie. It didn’t take long for them to loose focus on the plot and turn their attention to each other. Ashley couldn’t hold herself back much as Stevens hands roamed her body, it didn’t take her long to realize that she didn’t want to stop.

“Do you have a condom?” she asked pulling apart from their intense kiss. Steven just nodded and went back to kissing her as he fumbled for his wallet on the side table.

“Are you sure about this? I don’t want to rush you or anything.” He asked looking her in the eyes.

“Yea.” Ashley nodded along with her answer pulling him in for another kiss as the phone began to ring.

“Should you get that?” he asked

“Don’t worry about it. I talked to my mom before, it’s no big deal. I’ll just say I was in the shower.” She said pulling him in for another kiss. “I just want you right now.”

He smiled and kissed her again…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AJ groaned as he rolled over in bed grabbing around for his phone in the dark. He had turned in earlier then usual after a grueling day of dance rehearsals.

“Hello?” he mumbled.

“Alex, I’m sorry hunny, did I wake you?” Denise asked as se heard her son’s tired voice.

“It’s no problem. How’s everything going?” he rubbed his eyes a little trying to adjust to the dark.

“Just fine. Have you talked to Ashley at all tonight?” she asked.

“No, I haven’t been home. Why? You haven’t talked to her?” he said concerned.

“When she got out of rehearsals. Steven was bringing her home but she’s not picking up at the house or her cell phone.” Denise said worried.

“Maybe she’s sleeping or something?” AJ suggested.

“I’ve called a few times over the past half hour and haven’t heard anything.” Denise sighed. “I’m just worried she went out somewhere or that something happened.”

“Do you want me to try calling her? Maybe she’ll pick up for me.” He said hearing the concern in her voice.

“Would you?”

“I’ll call her a few times. If neither of us hear from her in the next half hour or so I’ll drive down there.”

“Thanks so much sweetie. I owe you one, I know you’re tired but I need to make sure she’s ok.”

“It’s no problem.” He yawned. “I’ll call you if I hear anything, you call me if she calls you.”

“Thanks again Alex. I’ll talk to you soon.” She said as she hung up.

AJ disconnected the call and hit his speed dial, first calling the house and getting no answer.

“Ashley if you’re there pick up…” he waited a moment “call me or mom back she’s worried about you.” He hung up the phone and tried her cell phone, again with no luck.

After calling a few more times he too was beginning to get nervous. He knew Ashley wouldn’t do anything too stupid, but after his conversation with Nick the other day he had to make sure for himself that she was ok.

He got out of bed and pulled on a pair of sweatpants and an under shirt over his boxers. He slipped on his shoes and grabbed his wallet and keys from the table as he left the house, calling Denise to let her know he was driving down to the condo.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ashley turned over and grabbed her t-shirt from the floor. She pulled it on and closed her eyes as she rested against Stevens bare chest. She could tell by the steadiness of his breathing that he was in a deep sleep. She was tempted to get up and get the phone, which had been ringing off the hook, but sleep was quickly taking a front seat in her mind. She knew she could lie to Denise in the morning and say she had fallen asleep so snuggled in closer to Steven falling asleep in his embrace.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AJ entered the key code as he pulled up to the condo complex just under an hour later. He was grateful the roads were mostly clear and he had made it there in great time. He parked in front of the condo noticing an unfamiliar car in the driveway behind Denise’s. He saw lights on inside and made his way up the walkway. He opened the door and walked inside.

“Ash?” he called out as he locked the front door. When there was no response he walked into the living room. “Ash where are you?” he called out again.

He looked down as he almost tripped over a pair of sneakers. He knew there was a guy here based on the size of the shoes. He shook his head and sighed as he made his way back towards Ashley’s room hoping not to confirm Nick’s accusations.
Chapter End Notes:
uuuhhhh ooooohhhhh....wonder what's gonna happen?!?!?!?