- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
ok so this was a really hard chapter to write mostly the last scene. AJ made a small appearance in the chapter but will be more prominent in the next one. Please leave feedback on this one if you can I really want to know what you guys think.
“Hey man.” Adam greeted a friend in the VIP area of Club X after they successfully got inside. Ashley was surprised at how easy it was for her to slip right by security. Adam had even managed to get her a wristband so she could drink with no problem.

Adam wasted no time pouring himself a drink and offering one to Ashley. As she sat there sipping her drink of rum and coke she took in her surroundings. A few more people made their way into the VIP section before Adam took a seat next to her.

“I had to get here a little early to help work some things out and meet with a few people.” He took a swig of his beer before continuing, “Let me introduce you to some people so you’re not alone, then I’ll be gone for a little.”

“Ok, I guess.” She smiled a little as he held out his hand, helping her off the couch. Placing a hand on her lower back he led her over to the small group of people.

“Cara, Steph I just wanted to introduce you to As…”

“Nikki.” Ashley cut him off before he could get her name out. She looked at him and smiled hoping he would follow her lead.

“Nikki.” He continued as he cast her a quick look of confusion. “She’s my guest tonight, but unfortunately work calls. So just make sure she has everything she needs and I’ll be back soon.”

“No problem.” Stephanie said with a coy smile, her hand tracing his arm visibly flirting with him.

Ashley noticed it, but shrugged it off as Adam pulled her to the side.

“Nikki?” he asked with a raised brow.

“Its my middle name, just a precaution in case anyone knows my brother.” She was pretty sure she had seen Cara a few times out with AJ and wanted to take no chanced in slipping who she really was.

“Beauty and brains huh? I sure know how to pick them.” Adam grinned as he kissed her quickly. “Go have fun and I’ll be back when the party really picks up.”

Ashley watched for a second as he took off for what looked like a back office. Once he was out of sight she made her way back towards the two girls.

“Nikki right?” Cara asked as she took a seat. “You look familiar, have we met before?”

“I get that all the time. I guess I just have one of those faces.” Ashley smiled through her lies.

“Have you and Adam been friends for long?” Stephanie asked.

“We met at a party last week and I guess we just hit it off.”

“You seem pretty close for only knowing him a week.” She said, visibly jealous.

“Like I said, we just hit it off.” She shrugged.

The girls kept up the small talk for a short while longer before falling into an awkward silence. She couldn’t help but notice Stephanie’s glances towards her every so often. She poured herself another drink as she scanned the club hoping Adam would come back soon. She was snapped from her thoughts when she heard someone talking to her.

“Sorry, what did you say?” she apologized turning her attention back to the two girls.

“Were hitting the dance floor you coming?” Cara asked.

“Sure.” Ashley smiled as she got up, anything was better then just sitting there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Speak to me.” AJ said picking up his phone.

“Yo man, it’s D.” his old friend responded.

“Hey! It’s been a while. What’s goin on man? How the hell you been?” AJ asked surprised to receive a call from him.

“It’s been goin good man, miss seeing you around though. Where you been hiding out?”

“I’ve just been trying to keep myself busy and out of trouble, you’ve been there you know how it is.”

“Well listen man, are you getting into anything tonight?” Damien asked. “I’m getting back into spinning and I’m opening at X in about 20 minutes.”

“Man anywhere else and you know I’d be down.” AJ sighed slowly. “I’m not exactly welcomed there anymore, especially with the crowd that chills there tonight.”

“I know you’re not really down with anyone there anymore, but you’ve been my boy since day one. I wanted to see you out there.”

“D, any other time and place I’d be there, I just can’t be around those people right now.” AJ felt bad letting his friend down, but he knew he couldn’t go there without causing problems.

“It’s all good man, I understand.” Damien reassured him.

“Stop by my place tomorrow and let me know how it goes, if you want. It will be good to see you. Kill it tonight.” AJ offered.

“Sounds good, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ashley moved her hips in time with the music, lost in the rhythm. Adam watched her from the bar, grinning in anticipation of getting her home later that night, as his friend Damien approached.

“Hot set.” Adam said, not taking his eyes off Ashley and her seductive dance moves. As she caught him watching her she winked and gave him a little wave.

“Thanks. Who’s the chick?” Damien asked following Adam’s line of vision.

“That’s Ash…Nikki.” he corrected himself. “She’s pretty hot, huh?”

“Where’d you meet this one?” Damien rolled his eyes at his friend.

“Some party…doesn’t really matter. She’s got it bad for me, I can’t wait to hit that.”

“Oh you’re such the sweet talker.” Damien laughed as Ashley approached them

“Done working?” she smiled at Adam.

“Yup. I’m all yours.” He grinned wrapping his arm around her waist, kissing her. “Babe this is D, the one who just finished spinning.”

“You were amazing.” Ashley said over enthusiastically, her intoxication apparent.

“Thanks.” Damien just smiled back.
“Let’s head back to the VIP.” Adam took Ashley’s hand and Damien followed.

“Babe we need to do a shot together.” Ashley said as they got back in.

“Sure you haven’t had enough?” Adam laughed.

“One more shots not going to kill me. You in?” she turned to Damien.

“I don’t drink.” Damien answered.

“Boring!” Ashley laughed and grabbed the shot glass from Adam.

After a short while of talking and some more dancing Ashley was beginning to grow tired. She made her way back over to Adam interrupting his conversation.

“Babe, I’m getting tired. Can we head home soon?” she grinned looping her finger in his belt loops and kissing his neck.

“I think that’s my cue to get the hell out of here.” Adam grinned towards Damien who just shook his head.

“Have a good night man. I guess I’ll catch you around.” Damien said. “Nice meeting you Nikki.”

“Huh?” she asked confused at first. “Oh me Nikki, right.” She laughed.
“It was nice meeting you too…A…B…C…D!” she finally found the letter she was looking for.

“I think you should take her home and right to bed.” Damien looked at Adam with unease. “She’s pretty trashed.”

“Oh I’ll take her to bed alright.” Adam laughed. He held onto Ashley as he said his goodbyes then the two exited the club together to make their way home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ashley stumbled out of cab, Adam following as they made their way to the front door. Adam fumbled with his keys, finally getting the front door open. Ashley kicked off her heels in the foyer, finally glad to be free of her shoes.

“I’m gonna grab a water, can you make it upstairs?” Adam asked. “It’s the last door on the left.”

Ashley just nodded and headed over towards the stairs slowly making her way up them.


She entered the room and immediately fell back onto the bed her mind clouded still by the alcohol. She could feel the want and need for sleep creeping up on her as she yawned, lying there barely mobile. She heard the door open and slightly opened her eyes as she saw Adam come in. She could hear him unbuckle his belt and toss his shirt to the ground.

“I couldn’t take my eyes off of you on the dance floor tonight.” He said taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

She smiled a little, still not moving much as her tiredness grew stronger.

“You don’t understand how much you were turning me on tonight. Those little looks you kept giving me.” He leaned down kissing her. She returned his kisses as she snaked her arms around his neck. A slight moan escaped her lips as his hand slipped under her top.

“I couldn’t wait to get you home and out of this sexy little outfit of yours.

That last line snapped Ashley out of the trance the alcohol had her in. She had no intentions of sleeping with Adam tonight.

“Adam, I just want to take things slow.” She said trying to make her intentions clear, but Adam didn’t seem to be listening. He let his hands freely roam her body as he traced kisses across her neck and chest as he untied her top. Ashley pushed him away slightly as his hands found their way to her thighs.

“Slow down.”

“Don’t fight it baby, I can see how bad you want me.” He said as he began to undo her skirt. “I promised you a good time, let me keep my promise.”

“Adam no, I don’t want to.” She tried to push him off of her but his strength was too great, especially in her drunken state. She was beginning to frustrate him and she could tell.

“Come on baby, just let me please you.” His drunken grin was now beginning to make her sick to her stomach. She attempted to push him away again. Adam pined her arms down above her head in frustration with one hand as he managed to undo her skirt with the other.

“I’ll make it good for you baby, don’t you worry.”

Ashley knew the struggle was no use. She was no match for his strength. She blinked her eyes as a few tears slid down her face. As she felt him position himself on top of her she closed her eyes wishing she was anywhere else but there.