- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
changes changes changes...lol hope u like them
Ashley bit her lip nervously as she took a seat on the chair across from Denise and Tony.

“So…”Ashley said timidly trying to break the awkward silence that was filling the room.

“I know you’re nervous sweetheart, but we’re not here to yell at you, we’re here to listen.” Denise tried to reassure her. “Why don’t you explain to us what happened yesterday.”

“I know Jared already told you what’s been going on, I don’t know what else to say.” Ashley shrugged.

“How’s about clueing us in on why you left instead of talking it out.” Tony said.

“I really don’t know.” Ashley mumbled a little, she didn’t really have an answer.

“I was so scared when I couldn’t find you, especially after everything that Jared told me…I didn’t know what to think.” Denise confessed.

“I didn’t mean to scare you…I’m sorry.” Ashley hung her head slightly.

“How did you think she would react to you running away?” Tony asked.

“I told you, I didn’t run away. I just needed some time to clear my mind and think things through. I was just stressed and didn’t know how to deal with it.”

“Why wouldn’t you come talk to me?” Denise asked sadly.

“And say what mom? That these girls try and make my life a living hell for no reason? You wouldn’t even give me the chance to talk to you about the fight, how was I going to explain this to you?” she finally looked up at Denise.

“I meant before all of this got to this level. Why didn’t you come to me right away and let me put an end to it?”

“Mom, I’m not a little kid. Coming to you would have made things worse. I needed to handle it on my own and this was the first time they’ve done something this bad.” She sighed. “I thought it would just blow over but the girl just kept going at it until I couldn’t take it anymore.”

“And now you’re paying for it. You got suspended for the rest of the week and you’ll be lucky if they don’t take you out of the play or the academy.” Denise remarked.

“I made a mistake and I’ll deal with it.” She shrugged just wanting this conversation to be over. “Is that it?”

“No, Tony and I still have something we want to discuss with you.” Denise swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in her throat. Tony took Denise’s hand and smiled at her supportingly. Denise smiled back then turned her attention back to Ashley and AJ who had remained quiet throughout the conversation.

“You know that Tony and I have been together for a while now and we really love each other. We’ve been talking and have decided to take the next step in our relationship.”

“Meaning?” Ashley asked confused.

“I’ve asked your mom to marry me.” Tony chimed in excited.

“Wow! Congratulations!” AJ said excitedly.

“So what does that mean?” Ashley knew there had to be a catch with the way they were bringing it up.

“Well.” Denise took a second. “As you know Tony’s business runs out of Orlando. So at the end of the semester we’ll be moving back to Florida.

“What?” Ashley yelled. “Don’t I get a say in this?”

“Ashley, with everything that has been going on since we moved out here I think it’s best to get you out of this environment and I really don’t like this road that you’re starting to head down. I think this is what’s best for you.” Denise tried to reason with her.

“Best for me?” She scoffed. “No, it’s what’s best for you! You don’t care what I want!”

“I think maybe we should talk this out and see all the good sides.” Tony chimed in trying to break the tension.

“I don’t care what you think!” Ashley yelled on the verge of tears. “This is all you’re fault! I hate you!” she yelled and ran off to her room slamming the door.

“I knew this wouldn’t be easy.” Denise sighed wiping away the tears that had formed in her eyes.“I just want everyone to be happy.”

“Don’t worry hunny we’ll work this out.” Tony rubbed her back and handed her a tissue.

“Yea mom, be happy. Everything will work out.” AJ said as he formed his own plan in his head.

Once Denise had calmed down a little AJ brought in some coffee and the cookies she had baked earlier.

“Here mom, have some coffee.” He said as he placed it down on the table in front of her.

“Thanks honey. So what do you think Alex? Do you think that she’ll come to terms with this? Or is she right? Maybe I’m not thinking of her.” Denise sighed taking a sip of her coffee.

“Mom it’s about time you think about yourself a little. You uprooted your whole life to move her out her for school.” He reminded her.

“I know Alex but I promised her mother I’d take care of her and she’s become like my own. I want what’s best for her and I want her to be happy and accomplish her goals. What if I move her back to Orlando and she doesn’t find a school as good as the one she’s in now? What then? I’d feel horrible.”

“Mom you can’t stop living your life. You have dreams too. You gave up so much for the both of us it’s about time you live for yourself.”

“Alex you’re all grown up, I know I don’t have to worry about you as much anymore but Ashley is only 15, she’s still my top priority.” Denise reminded him.

“What if there was another way for both of you to be happy?” AJ finally was ready to talk out his plan.

“I’d be willing to think over anything that would make her not hate us right now.” Denise signed.

“What if you move back to Florida with Tony and Ashley moves in with me.”

“Alex are you serious? You take care of Ashley?” she couldn’t help but laugh a little. “I have my hands full with her, what makes you think you could handle her?”

“Because I know exactly what she’s getting herself into and I know how to make her wake up and get back to herself. I know what it feels like to be lost and confused. I can help her.”

“Alex I know you want to help but the two of you aren’t even on good terms right now. How do you expect to live with her? You two would kill each other.” Denise pointed out.

“Mom what better of a way for us to reconnect then living together? She’s mad at me for not being there for her right? Well if I do this for her then maybe that will be the final step in making things better between us again.” He rebutted.

“He’s got a good point sweetheart.” Tony finally spoke up. “Maybe it will be good for the both of them.”

“And just think you guys can move sooner then you wanted. I have enough time off to focus on her and it will keep me busy. We can live here until she’s done with school and then live at my house over the summer.”

“And what about next year when school starts up again?” she asked.

“Well when I have time off we’ll live here in Huntington Beach. Ashley will be sixteen and she’ll be able to drive. If I have to work then she can commute. It’s not that far of a drive.”

“You seem to have this all figured out don’t you?” Denise sighed contemplating what AJ was proposing. “I have to think this over and we have to talk to Ashley and see what she thinks.”

“Why don’t you let me go talk to her first.” AJ said as he left the living room and headed toward Ashley’s room. He knocked on the door.

“What do you want?” she yelled from the other side of the door.

“Can I come in?” AJ asked poking his head in.

“What do you want?” she asked again. She was sitting at her computer desk typing away on her laptop.

“Can we talk?” he asked sitting on the chair across from her by the window.

“Do I have a choice?” she asked dryly. “Oh wait that’s right I don’t have a choice on anything that goes on in my life.” She said sarcastically.

“Well if you would listen to me for a few minutes then you’d realize I’m trying to give you a choice.” He retorted not putting up with her usual snootiness.

He had caught her attention. She closed her laptop and turned to face him letting him know she was ready to listen.

“I have a proposition for you.” He began.

“Go on.”

Ashley listened intently as AJ went through his whole plan that he had already discussed with Denise.

“And mom would actually go through with this?” she asked when he was finally done.

“She’s thinking about it, but I think if you tell her that you want to she’ll say okay. Her major concern right now is that we haven’t exactly been on speaking terms.” He informed her.

“And what’s in it for you?” she raised a brow.

“Nothing more then the chance for you and me to get back to the way we used to be. I want you to see that I’ve changed. I’m back to being Alex and I think it’s about time that we try and fix things between us.”

“And you don’t think we’d kill each other? I mean come on Alex we don’t exactly get along.”

“I’m not saying it’s not going to take some effort on both of our parts but we used to get along, I see no reason why we can’t get back to that.”

“So you really want me to move in with you?” she asked timidly.

“Yes. I could use the company.” He said sincerely. “But I have to warm you I know mom lets you get away with a lot because she thinks you’re this perfect little angel, but moving in with me does come with some rules.”

“Like?”

“Well for one the clubbing stops and so does the drinking.” He looked at her sternly. “And the smoking pot.”

Her eyes grew as she looked at him nervously. How did he know about that?

“Don’t think I didn’t smell it on you last night or haven’t seen the pictures of you smoking with Aaron and his friends. No one else may have noticed you in those but I did.”

“I’m sorry.” She sighed knowing he must be disappointed in her.

“Don’t be sorry, everyone makes mistakes but just don’t do it again.” He warned her. “I don’t want you to go too far down the wrong road.”

“I know.” She took a deep breath. “I’ll clean up my act, I promise. Just please convince mom to let me stay here.”

“I think that will be a joint effort.” He placed a hand on her shoulder smiling at her a little. “But I think we can do it.”
Chapter End Notes:
please let me know what u think :) thanks to everyone who has been reviewing! I appreciate it.