- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
hey guys here's the new chapter...hope you enjoy. I'm going to try and post another one in a few days but I have final papers 2 write so I can't promise anything. I never go more then a week though :) but let's hope it's sooner then that! ENJOY!
“Alex!” Denise said cheerfully as she picked up the phone.

“Hey mom. Sorry I missed your call earlier, I slept in. How’s everything going?” he asked as he sat on the couch flipping through the channels.

“Amazing. I’ve met so many incredible people it’s been very inspiring.”

“I’m glad you’re having a good time.”

“How is everything going over there? Have you killed each other yet?” she chuckled.

“We’ve actually been doing really good. A few small arguments here and there but over stupid stuff like laundry and dishes. I think we’re finally starting to understand each other a little better. We’re not pushing the same buttons.”

“I’m so glad to hear that. It makes me feel so much more at ease being away. I wanted to talk to you before I spoke with my publishers, but they want me to extend the book tour. Apparently they have been getting requests for signings in some new stores.”

“Wow mom that’s awesome. Are you going to do it?”

“I don’t want to inconvenience you.”

“What do you mean inconvenience me? I want Ashley to live with me, so you not being here isn’t an inconvenience.” He reminded her. “We’re doing good and were making it work, I don’t want you to worry about me and Ashley. It’s about time you do something for yourself.”

“Alex, I know you want to make her happy but I’m still unsure.”

“Mom I wouldn’t tell you things were ok if they weren’t, and I know that we can do this.” He tried to reassure her. “Why don’t you extend the tour as long as you need and when you come back you’ll see that everything is going great.”

“I trust you sweetheart, you just know how much I worry.” She tried to laugh it off.

“So how much longer would you be gone?” he asked smiling and waving slightly at a still half asleep Ashley walking into the room. She plopped herself down on the couch, curling into the plush cushions as she yawned.

“Is that mom?” she mouthed to him and he nodded. “HI MOM!”

“It would be at least another two weeks possibly three.” Denise responded. “Let me talk to Ashley.”

AJ handed the phone to her.

“Hi sweetheart. Sleeping in late?”

“I was at school until ten last night with rehearsals. It’s been a really busy week.” She yawned once more as she spoke.

“I can imagine, but everything has been going ok at school? No one is bothering you?”

“It’s been fine. Unfortunately I still have to see everyone, we just don’t talk unless we need to and we pretty much stay away from each other at any other time. I can deal with that.” She explained.

“I’m glad to hear things are better. Listen sweetheart, I was just talking to Alex about possibly extending the book tour a few more weeks. Would you be ok with that?” she asked.

“Yeah sure. We’re doing good here. Alex is getting better with dinner, it was actually edible last night.” She teased.

“Hey! I’ve been trying hard.” He defended himself.

“Wait, would you miss my show?” she asked realizing that it was only two weeks away.

“Nothing is set in stone yet, I promise that I will make the schedule fit around it. I may only be able to come to one show, but I will be there.”

“As long as you see it once I’m good.”

“Great. As soon as everything is figured out I will let you know when I can come and just how much longer it will be. I have to get ready to leave for a signing so have a good day and don’t drive your brother too crazy.” She teased.

“I’ll try not to.”

“I love you sweetheart, I’ll see you soon. Tell Alex goodbye for me.”

“Love you too mom. Have fun!” she said before hanging up.

“So looks like it’s just you and me for a few more weeks. Think you can handle it?” AJ teased.

“I think the question is can you handle it?” she grabbed the remote from him and switched the channel to Disney.

“You can’t be serious…” he shook his head.

“What? I’m a kid at heart.” She laughed.

“Last time I checked you still were a kid. What the heck is this show anyway?”

“Lizzie McGuire, get a clue.” She teased.

He watched for a few minutes and finally got up from the couch.

“I can’t take it, I tried but I can’t” he laughed. “I’ll be in the office. I have some calls to make anyway.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Two hours later AJ came back downstairs he looked in the living room and then found Ashley in her room.

“Hey.” He peaked his head in.

“Hey.” She turned from her computer to look at him.

“I have to go to LA to meet with someone and then to the house, wanna come?” he asked.

“Can you give me like 10 minutes to get ready?” she closed her laptop and turned towards him in her chair.

“Yeah, I don’t need to head out until 1:30 so you have about 25 minutes.” He informed her.

“Ok, I’ll be ready.”

She came out of her room 20 minutes later dressed and ready to go. She found AJ in the kitchen looking through some papers and stood in the doorway clearing her throat to get his attention.

“Ready to go?” he asked looking up.

“Yup.”

They headed for their car and made their way to Los Angeles.

“So who are you meeting with?” she asked as they pulled off of the freeway into LA.

“You’ll see.” He smirked.

She raised a brow looking over at him as he drove down a street.

“Just wait we’re almost there.” He said as he turned down a street and into the parking lot of the Farmers Market. He checked his phone as he pulled up to the valet. Ashley groaned as she looked around. Camera flashes were already going off. “What’s wrong?”

“I should have worn more makeup.” She checked the mirror quickly trying to fix her hair.

“You look fine.” He laughed getting out of the car and handing the parking attendant his keys and taking the ticket. She sighed once more and got out of the car meeting him at the front. He smiled at her again. “Chill out, you look fine.”

“Where are we going?” she asked trying to shake her insecurities off and ignore the people taking pictures around her.

“Coffee place.” He said crossing the small street.

“Can I get some frozen yogurt?” she asked as they walked up to the outdoor seating of the coffee shop.

“Sure, just hurry back. My friend should be here any minute.” He said handing her some money.

He went into the shop to get his coffee and came back out to find who he was waiting for.

“Allyson!” he greeted his friend with a hug.

“Hey AJ, I was wondering where you were.” She smiled and returned the hug. “You’re alone? I thought you were bringing your sister.”

“She’s here, she just went to get yogurt. She should be back any minute. He took a seat across from her. “She’s gonna be stoked when she finds out what we have planned.”

“I hope she likes what I’ve started already. From what you’ve said she’s very particular.”

“I’m sure you guys will get on the same level quick.” He said as he saw Ashley heading back over. He waved her towards them and she approached wearily. “Hey Ash, I want you to meet someone. This is Allyson.”

“Hi.” Ashley said and shook her outstretched hand before taking a seat.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you, AJ has been telling me all about you.”

“Umm ok.” She looked between the two of them with confusion. She didn’t seem to be AJ’s type but he was always full of surprises. “Are you like his new girlfriend or something?”

The two laughed slightly before AJ spoke up.

“Maybe I should formally introduce you, Allyson is my interior decorator.” He explained. The confused look on Ashley’s face caused him to laugh again before continuing. “She helped me decorate the house in Malibu.”

“I kind of got that, I know what a decorator is.” She took a few spoonfuls of her yogurt before continuing. “So why am I here?”

“Getting to that.” He laughed.

“Your brother called me about two weeks ago and told me that you were going to be moving in with him.” Allyson started.

“Remember when you and mom visited when I first moved in and I just made you stay in a guest room after giving mom this whole nice room.” He continued. “I know you were upset about that, and it’s something that’s been eating at me since then. If you’re going to be living with me I want to make sure you feel like your home.”

“So he asked me if I would mind meeting with you to discuss exactly how you want your new room to be.” Allyson finished.

“Really, I get to design the room?” she asked beginning to get excited.

“Allyson pulled some designs and things she thought you might like from what I told her about you, but you decide what you like and don’t like or anything else you want that she hasn’t pulled. It’s completely up to you.”

“This is so awesome!” she said with a big smile on her face. “When do we get to start?”

“You and Allyson are going to head to the house now to look over all the designs she has picked and then I’ll meet you there later for dinner. Sound good?”

“Let’s go! I’m so excited.” She jumped from the chair.

“Guess we will be seeing you later then.” Allyson laughed and stood to leave.

“I’ll be out there in a few hours, try to stay a little calm and don’t drive her insane.” AJ teased her.

“I won’t, I won’t. I’m just excited.”

“I know. Have fun.” He smiled.

“You totally rock for this.” She smiled back and hugged him before taking off with Allyson.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review and let me know what you think. I know it's been slowing down a little but I'm trying to pick the storyline back up again and make it a little more exciting. Hopefully I can come up with some good ideas.

Again I love your guys opinions and if there's anything at all you would like to see in the story let me know and I will do my best to get it in :) I write for you guys so I want to make sure you're getting what you're hoping for!