- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
if you didn't notice I numbered the last chapter wrong so this is the new one and the fixed the chapter number on the last one, enjoy :)
Ashley groaned staring at the large pile of clothes that had accumulated on her bed. She sighed taking one last look at them before reaching for her phone. As the phone rand she began piecing through the pile once more, tossing unsatisfactory items into a new pile on the floor.

"Hey girlie!" Angel answered on the other end. "I wasn't expecting to hear from you until later tonight. Don't you have a date soon?"

"It might not happen if I can't figure out what to wear." Ashley huffed. "I've been through my entire closet twice and everything looks horrible on me."

"Don't over exaggerate, I'm sure not everything looks bad, you have so much to choose from." Angel laughed trying to relieve some of Ashley's stress.

"Why did I have to choose tonight of all nights to feel ugly." She whined plopping down on the pile of clothes. "That's it, I'm calling him up and canceling."

"Don't you dare! Ash, you know you never look ugly, and besides Ryan doesn't care what you're wearing he just wants to go out and have a good time with you."

"He doesn't care cause I always look nice but if I show up looking like trash he's gonna notice."

"Ok we can figure something out for you to wear, no worries. I have an idea. Go turn on your computer and we can video chat. This way I can see everything.” Angel suggested.

“Hold on.” Ashley said turning the phone on speaker and placing it down by her computer before turning it on. “Ok logging on now.”

“Ok I see you on, accept my request and we’re good to go.” Angel said through the phone.

“Ok there you are, hey!” Ashley smiled a little and waved through the screen,

“So first things first, where are you going out?”

“He didn’t say where exactly, but I know we’re going to the Grove.”

“Ok so we’re aiming for cute but casual.” Angel thought for a few moments. “It’s a pretty nice day so I would definitely go with a jean skirt.”

“I have like fifteen skirts, let’s narrow it down a little.” Ashley teased. “Oh wait, just thought of the perfect one.”
Ashley jumped from her chair and ran to her closet searching for the shopping bag she had yet to empty. She found it under a pile of shoes and pulled the bag out rushing back to the computer.

“I completely forgot that I went shopping after school last week.” She said as she sat down and opened the bag from Abercrombie. She pulled out a dark wash denim mini skirt that had some frays and tears in the fabric.

“So cute, I almost bought that same one yesterday. Ok so we now have the skirt, what about a top?”

“I bought a cute sweatshirt to go with it, it’s dark grey.” Ashley said as she pulled the hoodie. “I don’t know what I have to go under it though.”

“What about that pink shirt from Hollister that we bought together a few weeks ago, the one that has the few buttons down the front.”

“Ahh perfect! I forgot all about that shirt, and I have that light grey tank to go under that.” Her mind pieced the outfit together. “What would I do without you?”

“Walk around naked.” Angel teased. “What time is Ryan coming?”

“Six thirty.” She said glancing at the clock. “I should start getting ready soon…what should I do with my hair?”

“It looks cute when you just curl the ends a little and leave it down.” Angel recommended.

“Awesome, thanks so much hun. I need to go take a quick shower so I’m not running completely late. It’s already three.”

“No problem, have fun tonight and call me tomorrow to let me know how it went.” Angel said.

“Of course. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” Ashley said before hanging up.

She quickly put the clothes on her bed away and laid out the outfit that she and Angel had just picked out. She studied it quickly one last time making sure it was perfect before making her way to the bathroom to take a quick shower. After she was done she quickly curled her hair and did her makeup before getting dressed. She checked the clock and saw it was just nearing six. She wanted to make sure she was ready to go when Ryan got there to avoid questioning form AJ.

When she was finally dressed she took one final look in the mirror and smiling with approval. Now all she needed was shoes. She opened her window quickly to see how the weather was and felt the air starting to chill. Looking through her shoes she decided on her black Uggs to keep her a little warmer. She threw on her sweatshirt and grabbed her purse before making her way down stairs to wait for Ryan.

“Hey Alex.” Ashley said walking into the room where he was sitting reading through some papers.

“Hey, you all ready to…” he looked up and studied her outfit quickly. “What exactly is that supposed to be?”

“What are you talking about?” Ashley looked at him confused.

“That.” He said pointing to the item in question.

“Umm last time I checked it was a skirt.” She laughed.

“That’s a little short don’t you think?” he raised a brow putting his papers down.

“Not really, there were shorter ones there.”

“Usually when you can see the pockets from the bottom of it it’s a little too short.” He commented.

“It’s not that short Alex. Besides you go out with girls who wear skits way shorter then this all the time.” She rebutted.

“Shut up and stop always being right.” He laughed shaking his head in defeat.

“But it’s so easy to win in a debate with you.” She laughed.

“Quit while you’re ahead kid.” AJ teased as the doorbell rang.

“That’s for me…gotta go.” She said quickly rushing towards the door.

“Not so fast, just wanna go over a few quick things.” He said following her to the door.

“Hey Ryan.” Ashley smiled opening the front door.

“Hey Ash, you look great…hey AJ” he waved slightly at him as he stepped up behind Ashley. “You ready to go?”

“Yup” Ashley said stepping out of the door.

“Be home by midnight, no later.” AJ said before they could leave. “And drive safe.”

“Will do.” Ryan assured him.

“Bye.” Ashley smiled and started walking towards the car.

“Have fun.” AJ said watching as they got in the car and drove off.