- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
enjoy :)
A few hours had passed and the party had begun. Although she was having a good time Ashley felt out of place. All of her friends had brought their “significant others” as they called it Ryan was coming to the party but was running late and it was now more then ever that she wished he was there. No one was trying to make her uncomfortable, it was more so herself. She couldn’t help but think back to everything her and Angel had discussed earlier. She knew Angel was right, she couldn’t keep letting her fears of commitment and what could happen ruin something that could potentially be good for her. She sighed and looked around again at her group of friends happily chatting and catching up with one another. She was floating off in her own world in her mind when she felt a nudge to her side.

“You ok?” Angel asked quietly concerned. “You’ve barely said two words in the past hour, that’s just not you.”

“Sorry. I was just thinking about what we were talking about earlier.” Ashley smiled a little reassuring her that she was ok. “I just wish Ryan was here, I kind of feel like the extra wheel.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know he would be this late, but don’t feel out of place we’re just all hanging out.”

“I know, it’s just all me, I’ll feel better when Ryan gets here, hopefully it’s soon.”

“What time did Ryan say he was coming?” Angel turned to look at Danny who was sitting next to her.

He glanced at his watch and shrugged. “He said his cousins party would be over by four but then he had to go back home before he headed over here. So I’m not sure.”

“You’re so much help babe.” Angel teased. “You’re supposed to be his best friend you should know these things.”

“I only know as much as he tells me.” Danny shrugged.

“I’m excited to meet Ryan.” Kaylee smiled from across the circle of chairs. “I think I’m the only one who hasn’t met him. I hate living so far away.”

“Well hopefully he’ll be here soon.” Ashley smiled a little. The more she thought about it, the more anxious she got for him to arrive. She really wanted to talk to him and finally push past this fear that she had.

Another half hour passed by slowly. Ashley was beginning to get anxious and worried that Ryan might not show up. She tapped her foot against the table as she bit her lip continuously checking the time.

“Would you just relax and have a little fun already?” Angel laughed placing a hand on her leg to stop the persistent tapping.

“I’m really trying, I just want to talk to Ryan. I’m sorry I’m ruining your party.” She sighed.

“You’re not ruining anything for me, I’m having fun I just want you to have fun too.”

“I will.” She sighed and began tapping her foot again. Angel grabbed her leg once more and gave her a look. “Sorry.” She laughed.

Moments later the sound of the doorbell rang through the house.

“I’ll get it!” Ashley jumped from the couch excitedly. Angel laughed shaking her head as she watched her race for the door.

Ashley quickly walked to the door opening it, relieved to see Ryan standing on the other side.

“Hey babe.” He smiled at her stepping in the door as she opened it further.

“Thank god you’re here.” Ashley smiled as she hugged him giving him a quick kiss.

“Missed me huh?” Ryan laughed returning the hug.

“I felt so alone.” She pouted teasingly.

“I’m sorry, I would have been here sooner but my mom took forever leaving my aunts house.”

“It’s alright. Did you have fun with your family at least?”

“It would have been better if you were there. I wanted you to meet everyone.” He wrapped his arms around her waist and smiled down at her.

“Well I wish I was with you too. I felt like the odd one out here, everyone else had their boyfriend here and mine was MIA.” She smiled at him knowing he caught what she had said.

“Oh really? And where exactly is this boyfriend that you’re speaking of?”

“Hopefully standing right in front of me.” She said timidly, not sure of what he would say.

“Are you asking me out?” he laughed with a raised brow, his arms tightening around her waist to pull her a little closer.

“Maybe.” She smirked. “Unless you think it’s completely uncool and then I take it back.”

“It’s actually kind of hot.” He smirked and leaned in to kiss her.

She returned the kiss and after a moment pulled away to look up at him.

“So is that a yes?”

“More like a hell yes.” He laughed and kissed her once more. “I do have to ask though, why the sudden change of heart?”

“I just realized that I was missing out on a great guy because I was too scared of getting hurt, when in reality I was hurting myself by putting things off. I didn’t want to wait so long that you’d get tired of waiting and ditch me.”

“Deep.” He teased. She smacked his arm and laughed a little before pulling him into another kiss. “And just so you know I wouldn’t have ditched you. I like spending time with you whether we’re a couple or not. I don’t want you to rush yourself because you think I’d get tired of waiting.”

“This is what I want, I was stupid to put it off for so long, but you sticking around through my nerves means a lot and shows me how great of a guy you really are. I like you, and as long as this is what you still want I want it too.”

“Of course it’s what I want, it’s what I’ve always wanted.”

“Well then hello boyfriend.” She laughed.

“Hello girlfriend.” He smiled back and kissed her again.

“Now that that’s settled, let’s get back to the party before everyone thinks I got lost on my way to the door.”

“Would it be the first time?” he teased.

“Hey! It was a big house and I was drunk, not my fault there’s a thousand hallways in that place.” She defended herself.

“Uh huh, what about the next three times?”

“Hush!” she laughed and shoved him playfully.

“Your lack of navigational skills is one thing that makes you so cute, embrace it.” He smirked and took her hand. “Now let me lead you back so we don’t end up next door.”

“You’re so mean.” She pouted with a smirk trying to hide behind it.

“Does this make up for it?” he leaned in and kissed her.

“Maybe a few more would help.” She smiled wrapping her arms around his neck as he kissed her again.

“Love birds, your presence is being requested at the party, so wrap this up and save it for later.” Angel teased form the doorway leading back to the party.

“Sorry.” Ashley blushed slightly pulling away from Ryan.

“Party time it is then.” Ryan laughed taking her hand once more and following after Angel, back to the party.
Chapter End Notes:
just so you know I will be on vacations from the 5-15 I have a competion and most likely wont have a chance to update, but I will try. But if you dont see me for 2 weeks you know why :) once I get back I'm going to be working hardcore to try and wrap this story up but no worries there will be another one shortly following ENJOY! and for those celebrating have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!