- Text Size +
CHAPTER THREE: Cause = Time

As Nick opened the front door to leave Audrey's house, a taxi drove in front of the house with a figure quickly stepping out and retrieving their bags from the trunk. Nick took a sigh of relief knowing Audrey would be very happy of whom it was.

"Nick!" The person asked as they walked into the driveway pulling their luggage behind them.

"Casey, hey!" Nick gave Casey a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"I managed to get out of my meetings," Casey answered as they pulled away. "It wasn't easy but they obliged."

"That's good. How was your trip?"

"Fucking stressing," Casey grumbled. "By the way, do you know what Venezuela is like?"

"Yeah, it's beautiful. Didn't you like it?"

"I wouldn't know because I hardly saw it from the conference room."

"That sucks. There's always next time, right?"

"Yeah," Casey nodded. "Where's my girl?"

"Asleep. I just put her to bed."

"Ah okay."

"I'm glad you're here. She's kinda been moping around these last few days."

"Well we exactly didn't end the conversation nicely over the phone."

"Yeah, I heard."

"I know you're keeping her good company so thank you for that."

"That's what I'm here for," Nick smiled. "But you owe me big time."

"What for?"

Nick took a deep breath, "I've got knives in my eyes, I'm going home sick."

Casey laughed out loud, "Brick, again? Sorry to hear that. I swear to you it'll be me next time."

"I hope so. You owe me a beer is all I'm saying."

"Got it," Casey yawned. "I'm going to head to bed as well. Sorry I'm not talkative as usual, I'm jet lagged as fuck."

Nick laughed, "That's cool. It's good to see you back."

"You too."

"Oh, why don't you come around for dinner the day after tomorrow so we can catch up, say around seven?"

"That sounds good." Nick smiled.

"Okay cool," Casey smiled in return. "We'll see you in a few days. Good night."

"Night." Nick waved making his way to his car and Casey entered the house.



I stirred slightly as I felt someone kiss my lips softly. Opening my eyes, I saw who it was and smiled.

"Baby," I said tiredly as Casey sat down next to me. "What are you doing home?"

"I proved to them that they didn't need me at the meetings so I'm here. Manipulation is sweet, " Casey joked and then whispered. "I missed you so much."

"Me too. Oh, I'm so happy that you're here."

"Listen, I'm sorry about the other night. If you want to paint the room taupe, it's totally cool by me."

"No, no we agreed on tangerine and that's what we're going to with."

"No, I think taupe is a good idea. It gives the sense that people are in some nice cozy hotel room."

"I was going to say a bed and breakfast but I hadn't thought of that one."

"I'm sure we'll agree on what it reminds us of," Casey smiled lightly. "Do you know it has been hell these past few days that we didn't fix things, over paint colors out of all things."

"It sounds stupid, huh?"

"Yeah," Casey sighed. "I'm really sorry about what happened. That day I had clients reaping down my throat and they were making me angry then I had to blow the fuse with you when I shouldn't have."

"It's okay, baby. I'm really sorry too. I know you're not here a lot, I should understand that by now and I shouldn't have taken out my frustration on you."

"Don't worry, it's fine," Casey assured. "So we're done fighting?"

"Yes, thank god." I laughed lightly.

"So, do you forgive me?"

"Always. Do you forgive me too?"

"Always."

I caressed my hand against my girlfriend's cheek and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too." Casey replied before she pressed her lips against mine for a passionate kiss.