- Text Size +

She arrived back home after a 45minutes jog around the block. She cooked some dinner and ate alone. After dinner, she got the clothes that she’s going to wear for tomorrow. Orlando, Florida’s weather is hot compare to the weather in England so she chose a faded jean short and a small red military tank top. She figured it’s comfortable enough when riding the rides.

She heard the phone ringing after she put away her clothes. She ran across the room to her nightstand to answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey Gabby, its Justin” said the person on the other line.

“Hey what’s up?”

“I just want to tell you that we’re picking you up at 8am if that’s ok” he told her

“Yea that’s cool; you guys could have breakfast here if you want. I wake up early anyway” she informed him.

“That’s great. I would give the guys your address so they know where to go. I’ll come by at half 7 if that’s ok?” he waited for her to answer.

“Yea that’s cool just ring the bell. I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodn-…”

“Uhm Gabby. Have you thought of what I said in the cookout?” after his question, silence rang from both sides.

“Which one Justin?” she figured playing the ‘I-don’t-know-what-you’re-saying’ card is a safe bet in this case.

“The part where I told you I could be your prince” Gabby gave a sigh when he heard Justin with those words again.

“You’re a good guy Justin so let’s make a deal” she finally said after a few seconds of paused. “I won’t shut you out and completely ignore what you’re saying that you’re apparently my prince in return, we’ll take it slow and take our time to find out each others skeletons. Then when everything is said and out in the open we could talk about us. Deal?” she waited for Justin to answer and praying that he’d agree. To be honest if it’s up to her she’d agree to be his girlfriend right away. But she’s scared. Scared that once she says yes everything would go down the hill… fast and she might endanger him on the process.

“Deal. Does that mean I could court you now?” he teased after agreeing with her. He figured he’d let her know now because even if she say no he’d do it anyway.

“Whatever you want Justin. Just take it slow. I don’t want to open my television one morning and find you there declaring you have a new girlfriend” she laughed.

“I won’t do that, don’t worry” he assured her.

“Justin. Can I ask a favour?” when she heard him say yes she continued. “If I’m with you, you know out and about, could you maybe tell me before hand if there’s a photographer that’s going to take our picture or my picture. I don’t want anyone to have my picture” Justin paused when he heard her ask him this. He thought it was odd for someone to ask him this. His past girlfriends didn’t mind the camera. Well most of his past girlfriends are comfortable in front of the camera. But it’s still an odd thing to say none the less.

“Are you hiding from someone?” he teased and he heard her laugh a little but didn’t say anything or give any answer.

“Please. That’s all I’m asking. Can you do that?” she asked him again.

After a few seconds of silence he finally said yes. Then they both said goodnight and that they’d see each other in the morning. After hanging up, Gabby laid down in her bed for a few minutes just reflecting on the conversation that she just had. In the end she somehow convinced herself that it’s a good thing and that even though her life is complicated right now she should still enjoy it once and a while.

Morning came soon enough before she knew it her doorbell is ringing. At first she didn’t know where it’s coming from but when it registered she raised down the stairs to answer the door without so much as looking at the video cameras.

“Good morning” Justin was standing just outside her door. “Am I early? It looks like you just literally roll out of bed” he looked at her from head to toe while saying this.

She looked down at her clothes and realised that she’s only wearing a black boy shorts and a blue tank top. “You got that right. Come on in” she motioned for him to come in and closed the door. Justin went straight to the kitchen and she excused herself for a second to get a bathrobe. When she came back he was sitting on one of the chair around the island in the kitchen. She started getting some of the food that she’s going to cook for breakfast.

“What do you want for breakfast honey?” she joked.

“French toast please dear” he joked back making both of them laugh. She started making her French toast and at the same time cooking some eggs and bacon as well. She also cut up some fruit and put it in a bowl in front of Justin then she switched on the television in her kitchen for some morning cartoons.

“Can we go ride a carousel in Disney land?” she asked him.

“Carousel? Yea I think we could do that”

“I know it sounds weird but every amusement park I go to I have this silly tradition to always ride the carousel” before she could continue she heard the bell rang. But Justin offered to open it so she could finish cooking.

“Good morning Gabby” the guys chorused when they came in.

“Hey guys. Come in and have some breakfast” she placed a plate with French toast and also a plate with eggs on one side and bacon on the other. Joey didn’t wait for any further invitation. He sat beside Justin and JC and Chris sat beside him. She poured some juice on her glass and put some food in her plate before sitting in front of Justin.

“Where’s Lance?” she asked them.

“Lance couldn’t come. He has some meeting for his television company or something” Chris answered since the other three guys is busy stuffing their face.

“Too bad, I won’t be able to meet him”

They finished their breakfast after ten minutes with Joey belching so loud that made everyone laugh.

“Listen guys, I’m gonna go get ready so feel at home” she told them at the same time leading them out of the kitchen. The guys went to the den to probably play some games and she went upstairs to get ready.

After almost an hour she went to the den to tell the guys she’s ready and found them fighting over who’s going to play next.

“I’m ready” all the guys except Justin turned to look at her. Joey gave what she thought is the loudest catcall she have ever heard but she just laughed it off. But this grab Justin’s attention and he turned around. His eyes went a little wide when he saw Gabby standing by the door. After a few seconds, he collected himself and hopes no one noticed but JC did.

He shook his head with a smile on his face. They’re so perfect for each other they don’t even know it. He thought. Before Justin could talk, Gabby’s cell phone rang. The guys return to their game but Justin’s attention is already divided since she entered the room. He tried to listen to what she’s saying but it’s no use. She’s talking again in another language so he stopped trying. After her phone call everyone gathered their stuff and headed to the car. Joey brought a black escalade and everyone agreed that he’s also going to be a designated driver. Chris sat with him in front calling shotgun as soon as they came out of the house then Justin and JC sat at the back with Gabby in the middle.

It took them at least forty-five minutes to reach Disney world. As soon as Gabby saw the entrance to it she started bouncing on her sit. Despite everything that happened to her in her life, she never gave up her childhood dream of visiting Disney world. It was the only thing real in her childhood that she could remember and she didn’t allow herself to let go of that dream. Now she was about to achieve that dream, thanks to this guys.

“Oh my god we’re so near. Do you think I could see Mickey Mouse?” she asked the guys excitedly. Then out of nowhere Chris started jumping in his sit shouting “we’re here”.

“I’m sorry. Chris is always high on sugar” Justin said from beside her.

“I can’t blame him even I can’t sit still” she laughed. A moment later Joey was parking the car and everyone is getting out of the vehicle. Gabby looked at the entrance and she couldn’t help but smile. She couldn’t believe it, she’s here.

“Are you ready?” JC asked her as soon as he got out of the car.

“Hell yeah” she said smiling at him. She started looking around for Justin and JC noticed this and smiled to himself.

“You’re really getting along with Justin” JC was looking at the guys standing just outside the parked car. They could clearly see Justin giving some instructions to the three bodyguards that followed them.

“He’s a nice guy and sweet. Who wouldn’t be attracted to him?” she shrugged looking at JC.

“I never said attracted. I said getting along with” he smiled at her when he saw her turn red. She looked away embarrassed a few seconds later, they saw Justin coming towards them.

“Your secret’s safe with me” JC whispered to her with that same smile on his face before Justin could approach them and she just rolled her eyes in response.

“Hey guys, you ready?” Justin asked the both of them.

“Yea we’re ready. Are they going to be following us?” Gabby asked pointing at the guards Justin was just talking to.

“Yes but they’ll be keeping their distance. You won’t even notice them” he explained.

“Are they going to be cameras?” Justin looked at her after she finished the question and he knows what she’s getting at.

“No, not officially. Unless some fans took a picture or you have a camera” he finished.

“Actually I do but that’s cool they’re mine anyway” she smiled. They started walking towards the entrance together with the bodyguard following them a few steps behind. Every step she takes- if it’s possible- her excitement increased.

“So which ride do you wanna go first?” Joey asked her.

“Ooh- ooh” Chris said raising his hand up to answer Joey’s question. “Space Mountain”

“We’re not asking you Chris” JC said laughing a little.

“I don’t mind. I like roller coasters anyway” she answered.

“Do you? Huh, never really see that in you” Justin said in a whisper.

“Just keep in mind, you really don’t know me that well…yet” she smiled back and was yanked by Chris to a ride without even seeing the name of it. The next thing she knows is she’s sitting at a one big log. Chris sat beside her much to Justin’s disappointment so he went and sit in front of her instead with Joey beside him leaving JC alone to hold their bag. He claimed he didn’t want to get his hair wet so she passed on the ride.

After a few minutes everyone is getting off of the ride laughing.

“Did you hear her? I swear that was the longest scream I’ve ever heard in my entire life” Chris said to Joey still laughing.

“What?” Joey shouted a little at Chris. “I’m sorry I think I’m deaf, this woman that sat behind me in the ride broke my eardrum” he joked looking pointedly at Gabby when e said it making Gabby punch him playfully in the shoulder.

“Seriously, that was a long scream. Were you a cheerleader in High school?” Justin asked her.  

“No, I was never a cheerleader. I was too much of a tomboy for that” she answered. “So which ride next?” she looked at everyone for answer. It was JC who gave an answer.

They went to the entrance of a ride called ‘Soarin’ the Land Pavillion, Epcott’. This time they all get to ride with Gabby sitting in the middle. It’s not a ‘pump-your-heart-so-fast’ ride unless you’re scared of heights. All in all it was a good experience seeing everything in birds eye view.

They had fun riding the rides in the park with a few breaks here and there for lunch, snacks and playing games. Justin won Gabby a cute Mickey Mouse stuff toy playing basketball.  When it started to get dark, they toned it down. Gabby asked if she could go ride the carousel. Everyone was comfortably sitting in their seat so only Justin and JC came with her.

Justin rode the ride with her leaving JC to take their pictures. In his opinion, they look so happy and look really good together. He is hoping that it will all work out for them when they finally admit their feelings to each other and get together. Justin’s lifestyle isn’t really normal. Other woman run the other way and other’s take advantage of what he can give them. Then there’s her. No one really knew her yet but she seems like a nice girl and Justin is really taken by her although he hasn’t said anything yet to any of his friends.

“So did you have fun?” Justin asked her.

“Yea I actually did. It’s everything I’ve been dreaming about and more” she answered looking around her.

“Well I’m glad I get to be part of one of your dreams coming true”

“Yeah, thank you for this. At least this dream of mine comes true” she sighed.

“Do you have other dreams that hasn’t come true?” he asked hesitantly but got no answer so he looked at her closely. What he saw broke his heart but he didn’t say anything. He really didn’t know what to say anyway. All he could see in front of him is a broken woman.

After they rode the carousel, it was time to go. It’s kind of sad but Chris reminded her that she could come back anytime she wants so that cheers her up for a bit. They decided to grab a dinner on the way home. They had a fun meal making light conversation here and there. They just basically ask everything they could think off about her. But she didn’t care, it’s good to have someone talk to like this, laugh with or joke around. She didn’t even mind that they’re asking about her life. After the dinner, the guys drop her off to her place. As soon as she got in she went upstairs to take a shower after she made sure all the locks are in place and the alarms are on.