- Text Size +

I’m on top of her and her eyes are closed. Seeing her laying there, brings back a lot of memories. I don’t think she put herself up to this, but I’m not sure whey the hell Don, would send his own daughter to fight me.

She lets out a groan, as her eyes flutter open. I still can’t believe that I plowed her ass down, I think she even knocked her head on the counter. “Get off of me asshole” she mumbles, trying to push me off.

I take hold of her wrists and hold her down, with the weight of my body. “Not so fast…” she struggles against me, but we all know that, she aint got nothing on me. “Just calm down Katy. I need to know what the fuck your doing here?”

"I came to kill you...what else?" she gives me a stern look.

I'm glad everyone moved on to the living room, because the position I'm in is pretty compromising. In any other circumstance, I would be very happy. "Your dad put you up to this?"

I hear Richardson run upstairs to get something. Meanwhile Nick’s whimpering is really getting on my damn nerves. Then again, I should feel sorry for the poor guy, first he shoots himself in the ass, and now this crazy bitch shoots him in the leg…making him fall on his wounded ass…OUCH!

They moved him into the living room, and are now trying to clean him up, I can hear Crystal trying to comfort him, but it doesn’t sound like it’s working. “Alright I’m going to get up, and if you try anything funny…I’ll kick your ass.” I raise a brow, letting her know I am serious.

With a roll of her eyes, she laughs “Oh please, you may be a bad ass, but you would never hurt me or any other woman. Not unless your paid to do it!” I had no idea, she knew what I did. “Yes, I’ve always known, ever since we were younger…now get off of me.”

I slowly get up, still holding her tiny wrists in each of my hands. I’m surprised, that she doesn’t try anything and stands up, right after me. I push her gently towards the living room, I’ll have to keep a good eye on this one. I’m not sure why she’s being so calm.

The Richardson guy, sure knows a shit load of stuff, cause now he’s sewing up Nick’s leg. We all stand over Nick, while he’s biting into a pillow as the needle goes in and out of his skin. I’m sure, he’s medicated, cause he’s too quiet and motionless to be taking the pain. Crystal is sitting on the floor next to him, her hand in his and she’s repeating that it’s going to be ok.

Katy suddenly pulls me to the side and starts to whisper, I would really appreciate it if she didn’t, just because I don’t want Richardson to get suspicious. “Jack, there is still a chance to do this…my dad would most likely forget all this and let…you…live” her voice is low, and I am hoping no one else can here her. “You take the guys out and I’ll get the little angel.” she gives me a wicked smile as she looks over at the kid, that has a rather, unhappy look on her face.

My eyes meet with hers, but she looks away quickly. It hurts me to see the disappointment and anger, she’s developed towards me. I guess, I can understand her, it’s not like you find out everyday that the person you are in love with, is a murderer, cause let’s be real. That’s what I am.

“I would appreciate it if you didn’t say shit like that, we aren’t killing anybody, but the assholes that are coming to get us. Either you’re with us or I’ll tie your skinny ass to that chair…and let them put a shit load of bullets in ya!” I speak through clenched teeth, gripping her arm tight, we both look at the chair in the middle of the kitchen.

Her lips are pursed in anger as she stares at me. “You are in love with her aren’t you? No wonder my dad is after your ass…you broke a rule.” her voice starts to elevate “Your not as smart…” I cover her mouth and nod.

“Is everything ok?” Kevin walks past us, I watch him as he throws the bloody rags in the trash, washes his hands and looks out the window.

I give Katy another look, and with a roll of her eyes, she confirms, that I can trust her. Nick is laying on the sofa, like he’s in a daze, must be the meds. While Crystal sits, with her legs against her chest, and her chin on her knees, she’s staring at nothing. I can’t stop feeling bad, for putting her into this situation.

One of Kevin’s hands on my shoulder, interrupts my thoughts “So, can we trust her?” he gives Katy a look over, and I turn to look at her too.

“Uh, yeah. Nick was an accident…right Katy?”

With a deep sigh, she walks past us “Yeah…sure” then takes a seat on the arm of the sofa.

I’m not sure, why I’m not bombarding Richardson with questions, he obviously knows about my dad. He knew about me. I swallow hard, trying to round the courage to open my damn mouth and say something. I swear, if I live through this, I’m getting rid of all this emotional bullshit. I was happy being unaffected by anything…thank you very much!!!

“I couldn’t find that picture of your dad and I. It was the day, we did a big bust. I'll have to tell you that story some other time, kid.” Richardson, looks at nothing, as if he’s reliving the day. He smiles at me “He loved his family…” after digging into his pocket he hands me a small envelope “It’s a key to his deposit box…he gave it to me a couple of weeks before…you know…I guess he had a hunch." What? My, dad knew someone was after him. How could that be? I want to know so much more. "I've always had a hunch too. I know my turn will come. So how did you find...”

Before he can finish his sentence and I can question him, Nick begins to shout and try to get up. While Crystal tries to subdue him. “What the fuck is she doing near me? Why isn’t she tied down? She shot me…she was going to kill me.” he is going on and on.

“Please calm down Nick, don’t make things worse.” Crystal is struggling to keep him seated and I‘m imaging it's to keep him quiet.

Richardson, joins Crystal with trying to hold him down. I roll my eyes at his dramatics, putting the envelope into my back pocket. “Just calm your ass down.” I mutter, with a roll of my eyes.

Oh yeah, easy for you to say…JAAAACK!" he scowls at me, then turns to look at Crystal "You should have killed him with the tranquilizer…it’s not enough having one killer in the house, you let another one in and let her have a gun. Perfect!” he groans, I imagine the meds are wearing off and the pain is returning. I hope the pain kills him, bastard.

“What’s he talking about?” Richardson looks around the room, at each one of us, his eyes rest on his daughter. “Crystal…is there something your not telling me?” he gives her a stern look, but she doesn’t say a word.

Katy gets up and stands next to me, gripping the shot gun tightly in her hands, although she's not one, she sure has the senses of an assassin.

"Fuck Crystal...Jack...Alex...whoever the fuck he is. He's the one that was sent to kill you!! That crazy bitch, is probably just a god damn decoy." I swear I would kill him right this second, if it didn't confirm what he just said.

Richardson, swiftly goes for the gun on the kitchen counter and points it directly at me. Katy raises the shotgun at Crystal. I have to admit, this crazy woman, is a bad ass.

Nick's gun goes, up. Hell, I'm surprised the god damn pussy, can lift his arms and he hasn't shot anything off. With a deep sigh, I raise my gun directly at Kevin, I'm not planning on hurting anyone, but I'm not letting them aim at me, without being ready.

"Don't...." Crystal finally raises her gun, aiming it directly at me. Are eyes meet again, and I can see the tears accumilating in her eyes. At this moment, I wish she would shoot me, just get it over with.

Didn't we play this game earlier, and I'm always out numbered, fuck! I can't help, but to bite the inside of my cheek, I've never been in such a fucked up position and I already made it clear I'm not killing anyone. Oh wait, I didn't tell them that.

I let out a shaky breath "Look, I didn't know that you had any connection with my dad. Or that Don was after you...I swear..."

"BULLSHIT! He was seducing Crystal this whole time, just to get at you!" Nick blurts. My eyes move slowly over to him. If my eyes, could destroy, he'd be in pieces right about now.

Katy's shot gun, moves over to Nick "SHUT THE FUCK UP OR I WILL SHOOT YOU!!" her chest is heaving with eagerness.

"No fuck you..." Nick retorts, cocking his gun, I watch as he slips his finger into the trigger, then pulls his finger back.

Suddenly I watch everything happen in slow motion. The gun jolts back in Nick’s hands, when he fires. I watch blood splat from his forehead and then Katy knocks into me, letting out a yelp. I land on my ass, and against the front door. My breathing is elevated and I can feel my heart beating in my ears, along with Crystal’s screaming, and Katy’s chocking.

What the fuck just happened?