- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey you guys, sorry it took so long. I haven't written an ending to a story in years...so this is being really hard on me. So hard, that I still have about two more chapters to go. *sigh* I hope you guys like...thank you so much for your support, reading and reviewing. *hugs*

I leap up and all I can hear now, is my heavy breathing, my eyes shift from Crystal screaming, to Katy on the floor. I’m not sure which one to run too, then again the most logical one is, Katy! She is dying.

After my really stupid debate, I dash to Katy’s side. Her white blouse is covered in blood and it’s seeping out her mouth. “Damn it Katy…”

She coughs, then looks up at me “Shouldn’t…” she coughs again “you be thanking me…instead?” it would be her and her twisted self, to be smiling when she’s bleeding to death.

“Your gonna be fine.” I look around for something to put on her wound. I get up, run to the kitchen and snatch a rag off the counter. As I bend back down, I get a glimpse of Kevin hugging Crystal. I’m wondering what position I’m in, now, that Nick and his big mouth are dead. Speaking of him being dead, I wonder who the fuck shot him?

It couldn’t have been Katy, the shotgun would have made a bigger mess, than what I saw. I press the rag down on the gunshot and run a hand over her head. “There…is…something…I have…to…” her eyes grow wide, as she starts to gasp for air. I never really loved the girl, but I grew up with her, she’s only a couple of years younger than me, and well we did have some type of thing going on in the past.

“Katy…you have to hang in there, ok.” I caress her face and pull her into my arms. It wont hurt to show her some type of…affection…the girl is dying and it’s all my fucking fault. “Katy…”

“I always…loved you…Jack.” her eyes start to roll and I feel her body shaking for her last breaths, “I…never…told…you…about…” she mutters, before her body goes limp and her head falls back.

What the hell was that about? Fuck, why is everyone giving me only bits and pieces? I shake her, there is a part of me, that can’t believe that she’s dead and another wants her to wake the fuck up, so she can finish that phrase. She never told me, what? That her dad, lied to me? That he set me up? I know all that shit!

“Put her down, and get up!” I hear Richardson’s voice demand, never noticed it had a southern ring to it. I put Katy down carefully, and slowly get up, my hands are up, in defense. “Alex…what is going on?”

I let out a deep breath, as I prepare to answer his question. Might as well be honest now, right? I turn around, to face a damn gun barrel in my face…AGAIN! “Dad…” Crystal’s voice is croaky as she approaches us, she places a hand on his shoulder and turns to look at me. “Don’t hurt him, he’s not…” I can’t tear my eyes away from her, and my heart pounds quickly, anticipating what she might say. “He’s not going to hurt us.”

Kevin still has the gun aimed at me, and turns to look at his daughter “How the hell do you know?” his voice rises, as he points the gun closer to my face. “I don’t trust him…I’m sorry, I know your Bob’s kid and all…”

“Dad, please stop” Crystal stands in front of me, grabbing the barrel of the gun in her hands she guides her dad’s hand down. “I promise that he wont hurt us.”

With a heavy sigh, Kevin puts the gun all the way down “Fine…but it’s only because, I trust my daughter.” Even though he says the word 'daughter' easily, I still can’t believe that he is her father. How fucking old was he when he had her, ten? He’s not much older then me, I don’t think. He turns to look at Nick. “I think someone shot him from outside.” he voices, walking towards the broken window.

I didn’t even hear or notice the window was broken, well not exactly broken it’s got the bullet hole and a bunch of fractures around it. That would mean someone is out there watching us. “I think we should get prepared, they are out there…” I say, looking around for my damn gun, that I dropped with the fall.

"Your right.” Kevin says, taking Crystal by the hand. “Can I trust you to watch her for a second.” I nod, if only he knew that I've been here for the past two weeks. Doing exactly, what he's asking me to do, now! “Good, I have to run to the stables, that’s where all my equipment is.”

Crystal clings to him “NO…dad, don’t…we can do with these that are here. Please don’t go out there, they are out there…just watching us.” she pleads, almost in tears. Richardson gives me a look and I nod, taking her hand in mine I pull her towards me, I hold her tightly from behind, but she tries to fight me off. We watch him carefully make way outside, I feel her body loosen up, as she stops struggling. "This is all your fault..." she almost whispers.

I swallow the knot in my throat, it's about time she was pissed at me, although I don't like it. "I'm sorry..."

She spins around and lets me have one of her palms to the right side of my face "We are going to die...my dad is going to die...Nick just died..." I should buy myself a bullet proof vest, like that rapper...what's his name? Whatever, the point is that I tend to get beaten and shot at, too damn much. Her smacking me, is really irritating, but I’ll just go ahead and take it. "This is all your fault...you should have never came here..."

There's not much I can respond, maybe I am the one to blame. I don't know, anymore. "I hope you've gotten your frustrations out..." my jaw tightens, and I glare at her. I can't go soft now.

She looks away, not saying anything, and making the house go silent, I can only hear my heart pounding, the sink dripping and her sniffling. “They are going to get him! He’s not back…it’s been fifteen minutes Jack. We are going to die…” she sobs, into her palms.

“I’m not going to let anything happen to you Crys…I promise.” I pull her into me and wrap my arms around her. Her hands hesitantly wrap around my waist as she buries her face into my shoulder. “I think we should start making sure everything is locked…it’s getting late.” the sun has barely started to go down and I know that any minute they are bound to come for us.

She breaks from my embrace, and nods her head “Yeah, you’re right.” she wipes away the tears and starts for the stairs. Turning back around to look at Katy, she sighs “Your not just going to leave her there, are you?” she looks up at me.

“Um…no.” I bend down, and push my arms under Katy’s lifeless body, and pick her up. Damn, I forgot how heavy this girl was, I carefully lay her on the floor next to Nick. Crystal comes down the stairs with a blanket, and throws it at me. I catch it and throw it over the dead bodies. “Let’s go.” I glance over at the backdoor, to see if I can get a glimpse of Kevin, but there is no sign of him.

Within minutes, we’ve locked all the windows of the house. We stand in the kitchen waiting for Richardson to come back. It's been almost half an hour, since he went out. Does it take that damn long to load up with weapons? Maybe, he’s got a shit load of them, we are going to need’em.

I watch Richardson step out of the stables, with a bag slumped over his shoulder. Quickly I throw the door open, giving him access to run into the house. I catch the kid, running towards the door, and grab her holding her back. When I turn my attention back to Richardson. He’s darting for the door, while moving in different directions, trying to avoid the streak of bullets flying at him.

“Get down Crys…” I pull her down to the floor with me, as Richardson, flies in the door and with a swift kick, closes it. The flying bullets have followed him and are ricocheting all over the damn house. He joins both of us on the floor, waiting for the shower of bullets to stop.

As I look around, frames are falling off the walls, things are being knocked over, wood is flying everywhere, there’s a shit load of dust clinging in the air. “There are about six of them outside…” Richardson says, trying to catch his breath, grabbing his daughter’s hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

Then, just like that the shooting stops, and the place goes dead silent. We all turn to look at one another, still laid out belly down, on the floor. Just as Richardson, lifts himself up off the floor, the backdoor flies open. I turn to look, watching as he slams onto the floor on his back, with a gun in his face. My eyes shift over to Crystal, who is trembling with fear, a rifle aiming at the back of her head.

I feel the cold steel of the barrel against the back of my neck. “Jack…how could you screw something up so badly, my boy.” closing my eyes, I make out Don’s voice and assume he’s the one aiming at me. It was about time the bastard showed up. "Get up" his voice is harsh, as he digs the barrel into my skin.

I stand up, catching a look from a shocked Kevin, I don't understand his confused look. "Don...Don Hunter, so many years of searching for you, after you escaped." Kevin's voice is low and full of amazement.

"Well here I am...but, you wont get the pleasure of taking me back, Richardson. Never! I see you've met my son."

"Your son? I don't understand..." Richardson speaks up, still looking from me to Don and back.

I can't help myself, from speaking up "I'm not your son!" I blurt, giving him a dirty look.

"Shit, Jack I took you in, when your family died. The least you could do was obey me. I asked you to do one thing, and you came to DO ANOTHER!" he lets out a loud laugh, and gives the suited man an order, with a nod. With one sharp pull, Crystal is on her feet and in a tight hold by the man.

Don puts his gun down, and stands next to me. I can't even look at him, he lied to me about my life, when he knew, what I needed to know, all along. "Don't kill her...she has nothing to do with this." I voice.

A wide smile grows on Don's bearded face, "No worries, I wont kill her yet...but I do have a little something for her, to keep busy. While us three talk." he puts a hand on my shoulder, and shrug it off. It must have pissed him off, because now he gives the two men a nod.

Richardson is also yanked to his feet, and pushed towards the living room. I stand there frozen, I don't care much for Richardson, like I care for his daughter. I want to have some kind of special power to get her the fuck out of here. "Just let her go Don." I request, hell I think it sounds more like a plea.

"Boss...if I'm not mistaken, Katy is fucking dead." the unfamiliar yells over at Don. He turns to look at me quickly, and I just shrug, I feel bad that she died, but no one told the crazy girl, to come here.

He leaves me standing there, next to another suited man. As he walks into the living room "Oh fuck...that's my baby." he starts to holler angrily. "Who did it?" swiflty he's in my face "You killed her...my baby. It wasn't enough, raping her, but you had to kill her...you mother fucker!" he let's me have a fist in the stomach and I cry out in pain, as I feel the blow.

"It's not...like that. I never forced her." I stand up to him and snap back "I never did anything she didn't want me to."

He snarls at me, for once I can see pain in his eyes, but it's quickly replaced by anger "I'll show you not to fuck with me Jack. I gave you an opportunity and you fucking blew it over this..." he points at Crystal, who has a big hand over her mouth.

"Please...don't hurt her Don. She has nothing to do with this...just let her go." I can't believe I'm pleading, but at this point, I'm bound to do almost anything he wants me too.

"Not so fast, Jack. Eddie here, wants to know what the whole fuss is...if she's even worth you being in so much trouble." My heart drops and fear sinks into my stomach, as I realize what the fuck he's talking about. I try to take a step towards her, but a get the butt of a gun in the stomach instead. I double over in pain, gasping for air, as I watch Don motion the man to take her. Just as I begin to straighten up, a knee connects with my face, making fall onto my ass.

Ignoring the pain, I stumble onto my feet "No...st...op!" I gasp, clutching my stomach.

I see the man carrying away a kicking and screaming Crystal. "LET GO...DAD! JACK...please don't let him take me..."

They let me make way towards the living room, but with one quick kick to the back of the legs, they knock me over as I reach the stairs. I fall on my back and when I try to get up, I get a foot in each side of my ribs. I groan in pain, and watch helplessly as he drags her up the stairs. Once she disappears, I lay there motionless, staring at the ceiling, the anger bubbling through my veins, listening to Kevin roar in anger, the bastards talking and her agony filled screams, echoing throughout the house.

Don's face appears above me "Nobody breaks my rules...Jack! NOBODY!" I hope he kills me now. The last thing I see, is the butt of a gun, coming down on my face.