- Text Size +
-Woooooooooo... Woooooooooo... Wooooooooo...-

As the tornado sirens made their sound, I hid under my blanket, shaking; not knowing what to do. -BOOM- Thunder rolled across the green sky, lightning making no intention of stopping. Suddenly, another big boom shook the house; and I darted up. I ran out of my room, taking my blanket with me. "MARK!" I ran into the room next door. "MARK!" I yelled as I tried to shake the sleeping 5 year old awake. "MARK!" I cried again. Another flash of lightning struck and I could hear a tree falling to the ground.

At the sound of the big thud from the tree, Mark quickly woke up and clung to his sister's open arms. "Chrissy! I'm scared!" He cried into my shoulder. "It's gonna be okay!" I picked up the petite boy and quickly tried to find the stairs. I carefully made my way down them, crying out for my mother. "Mom! Where are you?!" I screamed. No answer. 'She probably can't hear.' Suddenly, there was another big boom as someone grabbed my arm and jerked me back. "AH!" I screamed. Whoever had grabbed me took me downstairs to safety. I was carefully pulled down to the back corner of the basement. Then the person spoke. "I'll be right back, STAY HERE!" The figure, looking like my mom, raced back up the stairs.

Mark and I sat back in the corner, scared to death. We had never experienced this kind of storm before and had no intention of wanting to relive it. The tornado sirens blared across the town, thunder booming every minute, lightning striking something; or even worse, someone; every other second. Where was our mom? I hugged the shaking boy in my arms and tried to calm him down. I was scared too, but I needed to be a big sister and keep Mark safe. Suddenly, another big boom ripped across the sky. I looked up, noticing that that boom sounded way too close. "Mom?" I yelled out. "MOM?" I yelled again. I heard someone running down the stairs, but then another big boom made itself clear and shook the entire house above them. I tried to listen for any movement, but couldn't hear anything except the storm finally calming down. "MOM?" I cried out. No answer. "Stay here, Mark!" I told the trembling, little boy. He nodded his head in obedience. I got up and peeked around the corner. What I saw was the most terrifying thing I had ever seen in my 18 years of living. I screamed as I made my way through broken belongings from upstairs to the figure lying on the ground. I kneeled down next to my mother and cried.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the beginning!