- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's getting to the end and I wanna thank everyone who has read and reviewed. Thank you so much, happy reading!
The party was going great, all of us were having a great time, Nick was in the pool with Alexis as AJ was cooking on the grill. I looked over at the pool at Nick and Alexis, he was so good with her. And she was really getting attached. I got up and made my way over to them, kneeling by the side of the pool. Nick swam over to me and leaned on the side still keeping an eye on Alexis in her float.

"Why don't you join us?"

"It's cold."

"It's not cold your just chicken." He said giving me a grin

"I am not."

"Then come on." He said tugging on my arm causing me to fall in with a big splash

I came up for air looking at Nick, who had the biggest smile on his face.

"You think thats funny?" I asked swimming over to him as he burst out laughing

"No." He said trying to hold it in

"Oh yeah...?" I teased getting closer to him dunking him "Hows that for funny?" I said laughing when he came up and started swimming towards me as I swam away, but he caught my foot and spun me around

"Where are you going?"

"Away from you." I said playfully

"Nope I'm not letting you go." He said pulling me close to him "And I never will."

I smiled he was really too sweet. "You mean that?"

"Of course I mean it, let's kiss on it." He said leaning into kiss me

I laughed the whole time feeling a bit embarassed. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we kissed.

The next thing we knew we felt water being squirted on us, we both looked over to see Aaron with a water gun just aiming it at no one in particular. I pulled away from Nick and covered my face.

"Aaron you dork, give me that."

"No way I'm having too much fun." He said still squirting me, as I was laughing Nick got out and grabbed Aaron throwing him in the pool water gun and all

"Now knock it off." Nick said playfully coming over to me helping me out of the pool. He grabbed a towel and handed it to me.

"Thanks Nick."

"Anytime." He said pulling me close kissing my nose

"Ok love birds time to eat!" AJ shouted as Nick and I broke apart

Nick and I made our plates and sat down at the patio table, Brian was now holding Alexis bouncing her on his lap with Baylee watching.

"So Deanna..." Leighanne said sitting down with Nick and me "How long are you staying with Nick?"

"Just for the week, then I have to go back home."

"Oh ok, do you work?"

"Yeah but it's mainly from home, my ex-husband didn't want me to work so I never had to." I said looking down at my plate

"Dee you ok?"

"Yes Nick I'm fine." I said looking up at him

"What's wrong?"

"Alexis's father called before I left to come down here."

"He did? What did he want?"

"He wanted to see Alexis."

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him no that he wasn't thinking of her when he was seeing that woman he works with and all of a sudden he wants to see her, and he asked me where I was going cause I told him I was leaving. I told him I was going out of town to visit a friend."

"Bastard. He leaves you and Alexis and now he expects you to let him back into her life just like that. He better not let me see him cause I'll give him a piece of my mind." Nick said starting to get a little angry. I put my hand on his arm and he looked at me "I'm sorry Dee he never deserved you, still doesn't."

"I know but now I've got you." I said looking up at him as he tucked his finger under my chin smiling at me

"Yes you do." He said pulling me towards him kissing me softly

"You really care about her don't you Nick?"

"Yes I do."

"So she's the one you were talking about at the awrads show, the one that couldn't be with you?"

"Who else would I be talking about?"

Kevin was standing at the grill with AJ. "Nick seems happy." He said looking over at Nick and me

"Yeah he told me that he cares for her alot."

"Let's just hope he doesn't do somethng stupid to mess this up."

"Kev don't worry if he cares about her as much as he says he does he won't."

The party was winding down and everyone was leaving. I was helping Nick clean up but he put Alexis in my arms and told me to sit down that he would take care of it. I didn't say anything just sat down like he said watching him clean up.

"Nick are you sure you don't want any help?"

"No Dee I'm good really. I can do it."

"Ok if you say so." I said looking down at Alexis who was starting to fall asleep "Looks like someone is tired." I said cradling her standing up "I'm going to put Aleixs to bed I'll see you when you come in."

"Ok I shouldn't be long." He said taking a sip of his beer before picking up the rest of the paper plates sitting on the patio table

I went in the house and put Aleixs in her playpen and covered her up "Goodnight Alexis." I said kneeling down kissing her on the forehead. I stood up closed the door and made my way back downstairs and sat on the couch in the living room. Nick came in shortly after.

"So..." He began sitting down next to me wrapping his arm around me "Did you have fun?"

"Yes I did." I said smiling up at him as one of his dogs ran up and jumped on my lap

"Get down." Nick said trying to scoot him off my lap

"No it's fine, really." I said rubbing his ear "He's cute."

"Do you want him?"

"What?" "I said do you want him? You could take him back with you so you'll have some company when I'm gone."

"Nick you are too sweet." I said kissing him quickly before going back to petting the dog on my lap "What's his name?"

"You name him."

"Ok I think I'll name him Little Nicky, to remind me of you." I said smiling up at him as he smiled back.