- Text Size +
Joanna was sitting in the car, starring into space. Nick was Angel's brother. Did that mean that she could still trust her? What would happen, when she would support what he had done? What would happen when she left her with Nick?

For a few times she was thinking that she'd better run away now but there was something that kept telling her that Angel was different. She just hoped that she was right with that.

„Sorry that it took me so long.“ Angel said when she sat down in the car, next to Joanna.

She decided to drive home first before she talked to Joanna.

„I'm really sorry. I mean, I know that that would not change anything that had happened but I just wanted to apologize for my brother. Usually he is different.“ It was not easy for Angel to say this especially because she was not sure if she knew her brother, seeing a side of him that she didn't want to know.

Joanna nodded. That really didn't change anything.

„Look, I know what we could do now so that you don't have to go back to Mexico.“ Angel said, which made Joanna look at her in surprise.

„I know that you would not want to do that. The only possibility is to marry an ameican. I'm sorry but I don't know anyone else who could do that but... Nick.“

Joanna reacted in exactly the way that Angel expected her to react. She shook her head heavily. She could see the pictures of that night again. She could also see that moment that Nick turned around to look at her. It seemed like he had been the only one who was thinking about going back to her to check if she was okay. That didn't change the fact that she was afraid to marry a man that she didn't love and she could never love someone like Nick for sure.


Moments after Angel left, Nick went to his minibar to take a bottle of vodka out of it. The first gulp almost made him feel like his heart was on fire but curiously that feeling made him able to stand everything that had happened better. The charges that Angel made against before hit him real hard especially because everything she had said was the truth. That it had been his younger sister who hald told him made the whole situation even more impossible to stand for him.

The fact that he was forced to marry now was something he could not stand at all. He was not ready for that. He didn't believe in marriage. He did not even believe that love exists.

The next gulps of wodka took the pain in his heart away.

He reached for his cell phone to call Mike. He had to get away from here or he would go completey insane. Though he had to admit that Mike wasn't the person that he needed to see now especially since he had met Joanna before. He never talked about his problems or his feelings to him. He didn't feel like he wanted to talk about that. He didn't want to be told that he had to change. He just didn't want to be alone at the moment and needed someone to drink with.



„I... I just... can't do it.“ Joanna whispered.

Angel sighed. „I can understand that you are afraid. I would be afraid too if I were in your shoes. You don't have to be afraid of Nick. He is not a bad guy. I will take care of you that see that he wouldn't hurt you again.“

„I'm not in love with him. He is not in love with me.“ Joanna mumbled.

Angel had to admit that she had a point with that one and she didn't know what to say. She had never been in love before.

„You want to stay here, right?“

She nodded in agreement.

„You want to get your sister out of there?“

Joanna could feel the tears in her eyes when she had to think about Mariella and all she could do was to nod again.

„Then marry Nick. You could stay here for sure. Listen, I would offer you to stay with me if that was possible but it wouldn't work for long. I just don't want you to go. Believe me, Nick has more than enough money, so you would not have to worry about anything. Maybe you could even go back to Mexico one day to get your sister our off there.“

Joanna could feel hope rising up. Though it would still mean that she had to marry a man that she was afraid of and that she didn't love. Marrying a rich american would be a step in the direction that she would need to help her sister to get a better life.

„Okay, I'm going to marry Nick.“ she said in a low voice, having felt she had lost another piece of her heart.

Angel put an arm around her shoulders. „We are going to make this work. Nick is going to want to marry you. I'm sure he thinks that you are beautiful.“ she tried to cheer Joanna up.

Joanna blushed. She really could not imagine this. She wasn't even sure if she wanted Nick to think she was beautiful.


Later that night Angel called Aaron that she had managed to get Nick and Joanna to marry.

„Wha? How did you do that?“ Aaron wanted to know.

Angel thought that it would be better for Joanna and Nick – though she was not considering of him at the moment – if she didn't tell Aaron what happened that night.

„Let me say it like this... I made it clear what would happen if they didn't do it and I showed them their advantages.“ she answered.

Deep down inside of her she had to admit that she was not sure at all if they were doing the right thing and still had her concerns about it.