- Text Size +
Where’s Nick.
Part 2.

“Are you sure it was Nick?” AJ asked Brian for the hundredth time as they walked into the mansion. Brian nodded in frustration and walked into the living room.
“Yes Bone, I’ve already told you that. It sounded EXACTLY like him,” Brian said, he was still confused as to if the person who had called him earlier was truly Nick.
“It can’t be,” Kevin said, “That’s impossible, we saw the body, TWICE.” That was true; the boys had turned round and went to re-identify the body to make sure it was Nick’s.
“Kev’s right rok,” Howie replied walking into the room and flopping down on one of the old sofas.
Brian sighed with frustration, “I know guys. But what if?”
“What if what rok?” AJ asked, “There is no way it could have been Nick, Nick is dead.” He said this as if it was set in stone, Brian frowned.
“Are you sure it was even Nick?” Kevin asked, Brian nodded and threw his hands up in the air.
“Of course I am Kev! I’ve known Nick for long enough to know what he sounds like on the phone!” Brian snapped back, he was getting agitated by all this. How could they not believe him? “He even called from Nick’s cell,” Brian added after a while and all the guys looked at him.
“What?” Howie asked shocked, “How’s that possible? The cops gave us everything Nick had on him, including his cell.” Howie then proceeded to pull out a shiny silver Motorola phone from a clear plastic bag.
“Shit, that is weird,” AJ replied, and walked over to Howie. He took the phone from his friend’s hands and examined it. “Yup, this is Nick’s alright.”
“Shit,” said Brian after a while. Then he looked at the others, “What’ll we do if this new Nick comes back?” They all shrugged in reply. They didn’t know, all they could do was sit and wait.

As the creaky old door opened, all of the four guys sat up right. They wondered what they were going to say to this new Nick, but they didn’t have to worry.
“Hey guys!” This new Nick said as he entered the room. “What’s up? Hope you’re all hungry! I know I am, hey Bone what’s cracking?” They all stared in utter amazement, he looked EXACTLY like Nick.
“Um, hi Nicky…” Kevin began trying to break the ice. “So what type of pizza did you get?”
The new Nick laughed at Kevin’s comment. “The type you asked for dumbass!” He said and plonked the pizzas that he was carrying onto the coffee table and sat down next to Howie. Kevin noticed Howie move an inch away. “Hey D man, what ya afraid of? I’m not going to bite!” The new Nick laughed and moved towards Howie and put an arm around him like they were long lost buddies.
“Um, why don’t we dig in guys?” Brian said, and moved in for a slice.
“Actually I’m not that hungry, I think I’ll be off to bed,” Howie replied getting up and heading for the door. “Sorry guys.”
Once he was gone the new Nick spoke up, “Man what’s his problem?”
“He’s most probably tired, you know him. Don’t take it personally,” Brian said, he sat himself where Howie once sat. “So why don’t we all dig in?”

Later, after they had all eaten, Brian decided to go and check on Howie to ask what had been bugging him. He left AJ and Kevin to deal with the new Nick. Brian found Howie in his room writing some new material.
“Hey D,” Brian said coming into the room. “Mind if I come in? What’s bugging ya?” Howie looked up from his writing and smiled halfly and Brian.
“I don’t know rok,” Howie said putting his notes down. “There’s just something off about that Nick that I don’t like.”
Brian nodded and sat down next to his friend, “I know what you mean D, even I wasn’t feeling the same Nick vibes.”
“I mean, he didn’t even find it odd that you asked about the body or anything,” Howie said looking at Brian. “I don’t know rok, there’s something fishy going on.”
“I agree with you D,” Brian replied. “There is definitely something fishy going on there.”