- Text Size +
Where’s Nick?
Part 7.

As the end of the day came, all the boys were trying to figure out what was happening. They couldn’t quite understand how Nick, if that’s who he was, could be Nick.
What AJ and Brian had both pointed out earlier was true, there was something eerily familiar about the way this new Nick danced. He was different than the old Nick, and he seemed to want to be rehearsing all day long, never taking a rest.
Now the guys knew this was strange. It was strange because Nick had never been a one to like dancing, until now. Well, Nick liked to dance, but what Nick had never enjoyed was rehearsing, rehearsing the same old dance moves over and over. This new Nick, seemed to get an adrenaline rush out of it.
“God damn him,” AJ hissed as he panted down the stage to sit with the other three.
“I know,” Brian complained wincing, “My knees have so been fucked over.”
“We need to find out who that is before Rok damages himself,” Kevin said in a hushed voice as he sat next to Howie.
“Well maybe that’s his goal,” AJ panted finally sitting down, “Maybe he wants to dance us to death so we can’t figure it out.”
“I don’t know guys,” Howie said mopping his brow. “All I know is that I ain’t gonna dance anymore, even if it kills the show tonight.”
“At this rate we won’t have a show,” AJ said, he was still mad at Nick for making them dance so much.
“At least then it’ll be a blessing,” Brian agreed rubbing his knees vigorously, “Because if I have to dance with that traitor I’m gonna kill myself seriously.”
“Don’t talk like that rok,” Kevin said, and was about to continue when they were interrupted by Nick.
“Come on guys!” Nick barked, “Let’s get a move on! That show ain’t gonna perform itself you know!” The guys groaned at the sound of his voice, and AJ looked at the others.
“Can I beat him now?” AJ asked, and Kevin shook his head.
“No Bone. You’ll have to wait until we find out who he is,” Kevin said, “Then you can beat him.”
“Guys!” Nick barked again and they all slowly stood up.
“Let’s get a move on,” Brian sighed, “Before he has a hernia.”
The next day, all the guys were too tired to perform but they found themselves presenting an award at an award show.
“I don’t think it’s right us being here,” AJ said, he and Howie had been the two who were the most against the new Nick. “I mean, he isn’t even one of us.”
“I’m glad you finally came round to that idea,” Howie replied smiling, he was glad AJ had finally seen through the new Nick’s charades.
“Yeah me too,” AJ agreed, “But he still isn’t one of us. The fans will know.”
“Well they didn’t seem to complain yesterday,” Brian grumbled hobbling into the room.
“Speaking of which, where is he?” Kevin asked as he opened up a bottle of water from the cooler.
AJ shrugged, “I don’t know, and frankly I don’t CARE.”
“Here, here!” Howie said in agreement lifting up his bottle to toast AJ’s last comment.
“Well where ever he is, he better come soon or we’ll miss our cue,” Kevin said sitting with the other three.
“I frankly hope he doesn’t turn up,” Brian said point-blank, and they all nodded in agreement.
“Yeah, well if he doesn’t then we won’t be able to present the award,” Kevin said with a frown.
“So what? Without Nick here there’s no point in going out there,” Howie said grumpily, but Kevin shook his head.
“Nick is here, it’s just not the real Nick,” Kevin said, “So technically we have to go out there.” They all groaned, they knew they had to Nick would make them, whether they wanted to or not.
“Oh fuck,” Howie mumbled and they all looked up. Entering the room was Nick, and he wasn’t alone. He seemed to be chatting merrily with the members of Nsync, as if he was one of them.