- Text Size +
Where’s Nick?
Part 9.

As the boys walked into the party, they split up. They figured it would be better to look for Nick individually that way, they’d save time. AJ was the only one of them who’d decided to eat before looking for Nick.
Wow, Rok was right there is good food here. That Cameron has good taste, AJ thought as he pilled his plate up with all the delicious oeuvres. As he did so Nick walked up to him.
“Hey Bone!” Nick yelled, and AJ nearly jumped out of his skin.
“Holly shit man,” AJ said trying to get a breath, “You scared me.”
Nick laughed, or rather cackled, “Ha Bone! You crack me up! Anyways, what are you guys doing here? I thought you’d all gone off to bed?”
“We did...” AJ began, a bit thrown off by the question. He wondered what to tell this Nick. “But you know how I can’t resist a good party?” AJ asked, hoping this would satisfy him.
Nick nodded, “Yeah I know. You came at a great time though! Where are the others?” He looked around the room for the rest of the group. AJ put down his plate and grabbed Nick’s arm, his hunger almost disappearing.
“They’re, um, at home. Yeah, that’s right. I was the only one who was up to coming you know?” AJ said in a panic, he soon had realized that if he gave up that the others were here Nick would not reveal himself tonight, or anytime for that matter.
Nick gave AJ a dry look, “Okay, whatever you say.”
“Yeah,” AJ replied nodding, “But I was about to leave anyways, this party is dry.” He grabbed his plate back up and headed for the door. Nick grabbed his arm.
“Hey buddy, now that you’re here why don’t you stay? I got something I want to show you!” Nick yelled over the music, he veered AJ in the other direction. AJ panicked, and looked around furiously for the others hoping they were near by so that they could rescue him.
“No, I really must be going,” AJ said his voice rising and he tried to crawl away from Nick’s grip.
“Oh come on man,” Nick said, and as he did so AJ noticed how Nick was pulling him deeper into the house, away from the party.
“Okay,” AJ sighed once he realized he wasn’t getting away that fast. “I guess I could but only for a minute.” Nick smiled happily and turned AJ down a long corridor that was almost deserted.
“Good,” Nick said, “its right through here.” Nick pulled AJ a bit further down the corridor until they reached a black door. “Here we are!” Nick said rather triumphantly.
“You wanted to show me a black door?” AJ asked unimpressed and Nick laughed at his absurdity.
“No dumbass, it’s what’s inside that I wanted to show you!” Nick replied pulling out a bunch of keys from nowhere and opening the door. AJ looked at Nick annoyed, wondering what could be so important that he needed to see. AJ had to go find the others and tell them he’d found Nick. But before he could do anything AJ found himself being shoved into the room, closely followed by Nick.
“Hey man! What the fuck was that for?” AJ asked as he picked himself off the floor. He looked over his shoulder at Nick, and realized an evil grin on Nick’s face. Confused, AJ turned to see what Nick was smiling at. He gasped; lying on the bed was a body, a dead body. “Nick, is this some kind of sick joke or what?” AJ asked slowly backing up to the door, but Nick stopped him.
“Why don’t you two get acquainted? I’ll be right back,” Nick replied in a creepy voice. AJ shook his head and tried to leave.
“Nick wait...” AJ said as Nick slammed the door in his face. “Nick!” AJ screamed again as he tried to open the door, but realized it was locked. “Come on Nick! This isn’t funny!” AJ screamed, now even more panicked. He tried the door again, but it still wouldn’t budge. “Oh fuck,” AJ said, his head pressed against the door, as he realized he was locked in.
AJ turned around and forced himself to look at the body, it seemed eerily familiar. “Great,” he said to himself, “I’m locked in a room with a dead body, a dead body that belongs to the real Nick.”

“I wonder where Bone’s gotten to,” Brian asked the others when they met up an hour later to report if they’d seen Nick.
“Last I saw he was heading for the buffet,” Howie replied looking in the direction where AJ had headed. “By the looks of it he’s gone.”
“Damn,” Brian replied. “I wonder where he is. Okay, let’s wait for him for a bit, if he doesn’t turn up then we’ll go look for both him and Nick.”
“Okay,” Kevin and Howie replied together.
“What do we do until…” Kevin was about to ask when he was interrupted.
“There you guys are!” Nick’s voice boomed from behind them. “I thought you weren’t here, Bone and his crazy ideas!” Brian turned around just as a very cheerful Nick walked up to them.
“Hey Nicky…” Brian said, unsure of what to say. “So you saw Bone eh?”
Nick laughed, “Yeah, over at the buffet table.”
“Do you know where he is now?” Howie asked, and Nick glared at him suspiciously.
“Nope. He wandered off mumbling something about another party he had to go to,” Nick lied, Brian was doubtful that Nick was telling the truth. “Why’d you ask?”
“No reason,” Howie said not wanting to venture further into the conversation.
“Come on D, there must be a reason,” Nick pestered, but Howie shook his head adamantly.
“No there isn’t,” Howie said rather coldly, but Nick didn’t pick up on this.
“Well now that you’re here, I can show you what I showed Bone earlier before he left,” Nick said and tried to get them to move towards the house. All of the boys haltered.
“What did you show him?” Brian asked, he knew this sounded fishy.
“I can’t tell you, it’s a surprise. Come on!” Nick replied gesturing to the house, still no one moved.
“Look Nick,” Brian said, “Maybe another time okay? We’re all pretty tired. I think we’d better head out.” Nick looked at Brian with despair.
“You sure rok? It’ll only take a minute,” Nick said, Brain could swear he heard panic in Nick’s voice.
Brian nodded, “I’m sure Nicky. Come on guys.” Brian began heading for the bus but Kevin and Howie held him back.
“Wait what about Bone?” Howie asked, afraid to leave AJ alone at a party with the new Nick.
Brian looked at him, “I’m sure he’s at that other party he had to go to. Now come on, we’ll see him back at the mansion. You coming Nick?” Nick shook his head, and Brian sighed realizing that Nick wasn’t moving. “Okay then,” Brian said and continued to head for the bus, this time Kevin and Howie followed him.
As the three of them walked away from Nick Howie looked at Brian, “You didn’t believe him did you rok?”
Brian shook his head, “Fuck no. There was something off in what he said. Bone wouldn’t go to a party without telling us, Nick knows that.”
“You’re right,” Kevin said after a time of being silent. “And why was he so adamant that we see what he wanted to show us?”
Brian shrugged, “I don’t know. All I do know is that we’re not leaving until we find Bone.”
“But I thought you said you wanted to leave?” Howie asked and Brian looked at him skeptically.
“Do you really think I’d leave Bone alone with that THING?” Brian asked, “After all, Nick said he only saw Bone at the buffet table for a while, and then he said he showed him something before Bone left.”
“That was odd,” Kevin said, “I knew there was something off in what he said I just couldn’t figure out what. Thanks for pointing it out cuz.” Brian nodded, and turned away from where the bus was parked.
“So what do we do now?” Howie asked as he and Kevin followed Brian a bit further up the road.
“We sit and wait,” Brian said. “We wait until the party’s over, and then we go back in there and look for Bone, and get some questions answered.”