- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
ok..been gone for a while, but i'm back with some new ideas! gonna add some drama in the next few chapters!! lemme know what you think :D
I'm now 6 months pregnant. It's really hectic around our house. We've got friends and family stopping by all the time, and of course there's the fact that Alex is working on a nusery. Of course, being the secretive husband he is, he wants it to be a surprise. He swears I'll love it, and i know I will. I just like to tease him, and claim I'm not sure I'll like it.

"Meggie?" Alex called from upstairs.

"Yeah babe?"

"When Brian gets here will you let him in? He should be here any minute to help me finish."

"Sure sweetie."

I went back to my cake I was making. We were having a dinner party tonight, so I was finishing the last touches on my perfect flowers. It was almost 2, which meant I needed to get dinner started soon. We decided to have a good home cooked meal, as opposed to grilling out like we usually do when the guys come over. Tonight, our home would be overflowing with people. It was kind of like a joint dinner party/baby shower. My parents, brother, Denise, Tony, all the guys, and their wives, including Kevin and Kristin. Then, there were the kids that would be there! I just know my nerves will be a wreck tonight.

About an hour later, I was in the kitchen busy at perfecting my cheesy breaded chicken pasta. I heard a crash upstairs, where Alex and Brian were. At first it worried me, until I heard an almost automatic curse following the crash. I chuckled when I heard Alex grunt and say, "Shit that hurt."



Once six rolled around, we had people sitting around chatting and having a great time. I hadn't seen my husband or Brian in at least 3 hours, and was starting to get worried. I waddled up the stairs, and down the hall. When I reached the nursery, I knocked, heard some shuffling, then saw the door crack. Alex popped his head out.

"Can I help you miss?"

I grinned, "Can I see?"

"Not yet ma'am." He giggled, "You have to wait til we're done. How about after dinner?"

"But baby.." I whined.

He walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. Grabbing my hips, he guided me to the wall, and kissed my lips softly. After he broke the kiss, he rested his forehead against mine.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"I love you." He whispered.

I smiled and whispered back, "I love you too."

He bent down to my growing belly, placing his hand on me, "I love you too baby." He kissed my stomach and smiled at me when he stood back up.

"Lemme get back to this and then you may see it."

"OK. I guess I can wait a little longer ."


Dinner was great. Everyoe was getting along and talking. We were all sharing different stories from the past month or two. We hadn't all been together since the wedding. I noticed Alex acting a little strange during dinner, but didn't question it at the time. I figured he was just nervous about me liking the nursery. Although something kept telling me otherwise.

Alex offered to get desert from the kitchen, so I followed him to help. When I got to the kitchen, I saw him shuffling, trying to hide something. I couldn't tell what it was, but didn't want to jump to conclusions.

"Alex? You ok?"

"Yeah." He said, turning and smiling. "Come here and kiss me before anyone sees." He winked before his lips were on mine. After the kiss, I looked into his eyes.

"Are you sure you're alright? You're acting kind of...like you've got your mind somewhere else."

"I'm fine sweetheart." He smiled. "Now, let's serve desert so I can take you to see the nursery."

After desert, Alex and Brian ran back upstairs. After a few minutes, Brian came to get me.

Before I went upstairs, I stoped to talke to Brian.

"Brian, has Alex been acting weird to you?"

"A little. I-nevermind."

"No, what?"

"It's almost like he's..you know.."

"Drinking again?"

"Yeah." Brian answered, and hung his head.

"That's exatly what I was thinking. God, what if he is?"

"Don't assume anything. Just go on with the night, hope he isn't, and then ask him later if he's still acting weird."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Excuse me, I'll be right back." I said, before heading up the stairs.

Brian stayed downstairs, knowing we wanted to share this moment alone together.

I decided to act like nothing was wrong, and just be excited for the nursery. When I got to the door, Alex walked behind me and put his hands over my eyes.

"Ready?" He asked as he guided me in the room.

"Yes!" I squealed.

He laughed and moved his hands, recieving a gasp from me.

It was beautiful. The entire room was painted pale yellow, with Winnie The Pooh characters painted on one wall. He painted them all himself, and were perfect. There was an adorable white crib in one corner, and a matching changing table in another. On the other side of the room was a rocking chair, white of course. And, an area with a soft rug and stuffed animals for when the baby's old enough to crawl around.

On one wall there were six pictures hanging in matching glass frames. The first was a picture of Alex and I as babies sharing a bath. The next, as kids on our tire swing. Followed by the picture of us at Disney World when we were 15. Then, our wedding picture. The next, was our first sonogram picture. The very last, was an empty frame.

"What's this for?" I asked as I touched the empty frame.

"That's for our first family picture." He answered softly. "I thought after the baby is a few months old, we can have it taken.

I felt a few tears slip from my eyes, as Alex stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"You like it baby?"

I turned to looked at him, and smiled. "I love it." I whispered, barely audible.