- Text Size +
After talking and fooling around I saw it was already 8:45. “Vanessa you should go and pick up your cousin now, everybody‘s coming in like a half hour” I walk Vanessa to my front door and I let her out. I close the door and walk in the kitchen and get all the food ready. After grabbing the chips , soda’s and more snacks, I head over to my room and get ready before the guys come. After a half hour I heard somebody knocking on the door. I ran downstairs and opened the door for my first guests. Kristen and Leigh walked in and next to them were my 2 brothers. A couple of minutes later the door bell rings again. I opened and saw Vanessa standing there. It was amazing how good she looked. She looked like a complete new girl.
“You look amazing.” I smiled.
“Thank you Destiny. This is my cousin Chris I wanted you to meet.“
I looked at him and saw one of the hottest guys I’ve seen. I couldn’t help but stare. He put his hand out to me and flashed me a smile.
“Hi I’m Chris. Nice to meet you.”
“Hi Chris, I’m Destiny. Nice to meet you too. Come in!”
I walked them into the living room where the rest was sitting.
“Guys , I want you all to meet my friend Vanessa. She goes to our school.“ I said pointing to her. “And this is Chris. He just moved here from Virginia. He’s starts at our school on Monday.”
The doorbell rings again cutting me off. I open the door and see AJ. He is a very good looking man and he would be PERFECT for Vanessa.
“Hi beautiful!” he greets me.
“Hi J!” I answer and give him a hug.
He walks inside, and just when I wanted to close the door I hear Brian screaming “HOLD YOUR HORSES!” he screams. I laughed and saw Brian and Leighanne walking up to me. Brian has always been a goofball. That’s what I love about him. He can always make you laugh. Behind Brian stood Nick. I smiled at him. He looked amazing.
But the smile disappeared from my face as soon as I saw who brought with him.
He was standing hand in hand with Paris. I let them in and we all walk to the living room. After awhile everybody was joking and playing around, even Chris. He seemed to get along with my friend just fine. Everybody except for Vanessa. She was sitting in one of the chairs by herself looking at her nails. I had to get my plan in action. I saw that cookie bowl was empty and I grabbed it.
“Vanessa , can you help me in the Kitchen?”
She nodded and follows me to the kitchen. “Vanessa, what do you think about AJ?” I asked. “He’s really cute.” she smiled.
“So why aren’t you talking to him?”
“Because I don’t know how to.” she blushed.
I forgot that Vanessa was a really shy person. She probably hadn’t ever spoken to a guy in a flirty kind of way. “Ok.. Well can you go back and tell AJ I asked him to come.“
Vanessa leaves and I sit down at the kitchen table waiting for AJ. He finally comes in the kitchen laughing. “What’s up?”
“Sit down J. We haven’t talked in a long time.”
He looks at me as if I’m crazy, but he sits down.
“So J, you don’t have a girlfriend do you?”
“No, I don’t.” he asked looking confused “why?”
I shrugged my shoulders. “No reason, but I was wondering what you thought of Vanessa.”

He started smiling “Yeah she’s hot.”
“So you like her?”
“Yeah you can say that.” he answered.
“Well go and talk to her then.”
“Ok.“ he shrugged his shoulders and walked to the living room.
I was surprised how easy that went. I picked up the bowl and filled it with more chips. I turn around and see Vanessa’s cousin Chris walking in the kitchen.
“Hey. Are you looking for something?” I asked.
“Actually I was looking for you.” he smiled
“For me? …Why? “ I wondered.
“Because I wanted to talk to you” he said and gave me a wink.
He sits at the table with me and we start talking.
“So Vanessa told me you moved here from Virginia.”
“Yes , my parents got divorced and she wanted a fresh start for me and herself.”
I just nod my head.
“So what do you guys do around here for fun?”
“Well , it depends on who you know to have fun” I smiled
“Who should I get to know then” he said staring into my eyes.
In the process of him saying that he had grabbed my hand and was rubbing it.
Something about it felt so right. Just when I was about to answer him Nick walks in the kitchen. I automatically jump away from Chris as if something just happened.
I look at Chris and he looked mad. Really mad.