- Text Size +
Me and Chris were just sitting there looking at an angry looking Nick until Nick decided to finally speak. “Sorry, my bad. I’ll leave you two to whatever you were doing.” He quickly turned and walked out the kitchen. I was about to get up and follow Nick but I changed my mind. Why should I follow him? He’s here with his girlfriend. And here next to me was a very cute guy who looked like he could be interested in me. I should forget about Nick.
“So what were we saying?” I said flashing him a smile.
“I just asked you who I should get to know.“
“How about I be one of the first people you get to know.”
“I would like that a lot” Chris smiled. “What about I give you a call later and you can show me around?”
I nodded and he hand me his cell phone. I put my cell phone number in his phone
I give him back his phone.
“We should go back to the rest” I said and stood up.

We get up and we walked in the living room. I could feel Nick’s eyes following me the whole time. Chris and I sat down on the couch. Across the room nick was giving me weird looks the whole time. I don’t know what his problem is, but he shouldn’t look at me like that when he has his girlfriend sitting right there on his lap. I decided not to pay any attention to Nicks any more. I look at Vanessa and saw her and AJ all in each others face giggling and him whispering something in her ear what made her blush.

“Who’s going to the school dance on Tuesday? I can’t wait to show my moves!” Brian said getting up dancing. “I’m not going.” I said disappointed. “well I am!” Nick respond. He turned to Paris “Sweety, are you going to be my date?” he asked her. “Ofcourse baby“ she said giving him a kiss. “Why aren’t you going?” Leighanne asked surprised. “Well usually I go with Nick. But as you can see he has a date.”
“How about I go with you?” Chris offered.
I wanted to say no. But when I thought about it, it was a pretty good idea. I accepted his offer and made plans for Tuesday. After a while everybody started talking and playing again. I look up and Nick. He didn’t say anything , he just shaking his head at me. What was his problem this time? I just ignored him and continued getting to know Chris. Hours slipped by and everybody started leaving one by one. Only people that were still here were Vanessa and Chris and my brothers.

I was in the kitchen with Vanessa cleaning up a bit.
“I see you and my cousin have a connection”
“Yeah he’s kind of cute” I admitted.
“I figured he was what you needed.”
“Huh? What do you mean” I asked confused.
“You know what I’m talking about.. Nick” Vanessa explained.
“Pshh I’m not thinking about Nick” I lied. Because honestly he was the only thing on my mind.
“Destiny.. Why don’t you be honest about you and Nick for once?”
“Girl.. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I laughed.
“Aw Come on. I remember last year. Whenever I saw you coming down the hallway, Nick was by your side holding your hand. You two used to be together all the time. Don’t tell me you don’t miss that”
I started remembering old times with Nick. I could feel the tears coming up but I tried to fight them.
“Yes…. I miss it… I miss him. “
Vanessa saw I was fighting my tears and gave me a hug. When she saw the time she told me they had to leave and I said goodbye to Vanessa. I continued cleaning up the kitchen. “I just wanted to say bye before I leave” I turn around and saw Chris standing there. He walks toward me and gives me hug and a kiss on the cheek. I don’t know why but I started blushing. “I’ll call you later” he said and left the kitchen. I watch him leave the kitchen and my house and I start wondering. Not about Chris… But I was wondering what Nick was doing right now.

After I get done with the dishes I go up stairs to my bed room to go to sleep. I was really tired it was 3:00 in the morning. I make it to my room and change into my night clothes. I turn my lights of and I lay down on my bed. I slowly drift off to sleep when I was woken to my cell ringing.
“Hello?” I answered annoyed. Why would somebody call me at 3 in the morning?
“What’s up with you and that guy?”
“Oh my god Nick! I can’t believe you. You seriously calling me at 3 am to ask me about something that has NOTHING to do with you?“ I yelled.
“I’m just looking out for you. You’re my best friend” he said
“Yeah well nick.. There’s nothing going on with me and Chris. I just met him a couple of hours ago.“
“Baby.. I just don’t think you two should get together.” he whispered.
“Nick! If I shouldn’t get with him.. Who should I get with than?” I asked just because I wanted to know his answer. My heart picked up its speed waiting on his answer. I could barely hear his voice. “M……M………E….” I hear a beep before he could finish.
“Baby I got to go. I got another call coming thru … I’ll talk to you later”
“Yeah later..” I answered disappointed.
“I love you, Baby”
I been wondering recently if Nick really did love me. If he really ment it when he says it. I hang up without saying it back and fall asleep more tired then I was before