- Text Size +
14 :Grocery shopping

I wake up the sound of my phone ringing. I looked at the caller ID and picked it up with a sleepy voice. “Hi Nick” I mumbled. “Hi baby did I wake you?” “Uuhuuummm” I continue mumbling. Nick knew I wasn’t that much of a talker in the morning. “Baby I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. Cause you know we haven’t hung out for a while so I wanted to call you and see if you had any plans for today.“ he started talking really fast. “Nick, shut up!” I laughed “When do you want to hang out?” “Now!” he answered. “Now????” I screamed. I threw the cover from my head and sat down on my bed. “Yes now, I’m almost at you’re house” he chuckled. I didn’t even say bye to Nick. I just hung up and ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I took a really quick shower and run back to my room grabbing some fresh underwear and bra and socks. I pick out a outfit and did my makeup really quickly. I run downstairs and just as I make it to the front door I heard a knock. Perfect timing I smiled to myself. I opened the door and find a smiling Nick. He looked so good. He was wearing a white simple tshirt and jeans. Even though it’s a simple outfit on him it looked amazing. He gave me a kiss on the cheek “Hi baby.” He grabbed my hand and we walk outside past his car. I looked at him confused “where are we going?” I asked. “Just for a walk” he answered and we continue to walk hand in hand. After a couple of minutes we get to a park. I smiled as I looked around. This used to be our favorite spot. We always hung out here back in the days.

I sit down on one of the swings and Nick just stands behind me holding the swing. I turn a little so I could look at him. “So what’s up nick ? There must be a reason why you wanted to hang out today.” I asked. “What do you mean? Can’t I hang out with my best friend anymore just because I have a girlfriend?” I turn away from him. “No its just that since you have a girlfriend you haven’t had time for your best friend anymore.” Nick didn’t answer. He walked up to me and sat down on the other swing turning his body so that he could make his swing facing me. “So I called you like 10 times yesterday but you didn’t answer.” Nick pointed out to me. “Yeah I saw that.” I answered shortly. “So why didn’t you answer?” he asked curiously. I shrugged my shoulders and answered that I’ve been busy. Nick raised one eyebrow and looked at me “Busy doing what?” he asked. I could tell by the look on his face that he didn’t like the sound of it. “Hanging out.” I answered shortly again. “With who?….. Chris?” I nodded and looked at him to see his reaction. He shrugged and looked around the park. “I was out last night to with Paris.” “Oh really?” I asked not really caring “So why did you call me so many times if you were out with your girlfriend?” I looked at Nick and saw that my question caught him off guard. “I was thinking about you, so I called you.” I smiled thinking about what Nick just said. If he called me 10 times that means he thought about me 10 times while he was out with his girlfriend. I was getting sick of Nick’s mixed signals. I don’t know how much more I could take. I want him to be honest with me. I couldn’t care anymore so I decided to ask him. I looked at the ground and took a deep breath. “Nick… do you like me?” I felt like I was in the 5th grade asking that question but I couldn’t really care less. Nick looked at me and cleared his throat. “Um yeah Ofcourse I mean you’re my best friend.”

I got mad. I don’t even know why. Probably because of the fact that that wasn’t what I wanted to hear. I stood up and I start walking away from him. I wanted to go home. “Heeeey!! Why are you leaving??” Nick screamed. I turn and look at him from a distant. “Because you’re stupid!” I answered pissed and turn around again. I start walking home leaving Nick at the park alone like he has did to me so many times
lately. Leaving me all by myself. Now it was my turn.


At home in the kitchen

I was looking thru the fridge when the house phone started ringing. I grabbed the phone and picked up. It was my mom.
“Hi mom.”
“Hi sweety, how are you?”
“I’m good, thanks mom! and you? Are you enjoying yourself so far?”
“Yes we’re having a great time. Do ya’ll still got food left in the house or did your brothers and their friends eat everything?”
I chucked at my moms comment. She was so right. Kevin, Howie and their friends did indeed eat everything.
“Honestly mom, you have no idea how close you are!“ I laughed.
“Yeah I thought so. Well can you call your big sister and have her take you grocery shopping? I want you to do this as soon as we get off the phone.. Do you understand me?”
“Yesssss maaaaa…. So when are you coming back?”
“Why you want know ? DESTINY !!! DON’T TELL ME YOU FUCKED UP MY CAR!!!”
I started smiling at the fact that she assumed I got a accident so I decided to mess with her mind a bit.
“Well ma, see what happened was……”
She cut me off before I can finish my sentence
“Destiny you better start praying, because when I get home you won’t have long to live!”
I started laughing out loud. “Maaaa chill out, I was just playing!“
I could hear her taking deep breaths to calm down.
“That was not funny, no go and call Carly to take you grocery shopping!”
I started laughing again and eventually hung up the phone. I dialed my sisters number and listen to it ring when a my sister picked answered.

“Heey bighead!” I said laughing.
“Hey shitface!” Carly answered.
My and my sister have always had that kind of relationship. She was great to talk to but also to have fun with.
“I just talked to ma and she said I had to call you to take me grocery shopping for the house.” I explained.
“Hmm guess I can’t let you guys starve. Although that does sound like a good idea.” she laughed.
“Shut up, Carly! Now are you coming or what?”
“ Yeah I am, I’ll be there in 20 minutes”
“ Ok I’ll see you then.”

20 minutes later

My cell phone start ringing and I look at the caller ID. It was my sister so that probably ment she was outside. I run out to the front door to see her in her yellow car. I started laughing. She had a small yellow car. And when I saw yellow I mean BRIGHT yellow. You couldn’t miss it. I opened the passenger side door and get in my sisters car. We head to the store and my sister puts her music super loud. She turns the volume down all of sudden. She smiles and look at me and then back to the road. “How is my brother-in-law doing?” I knew who she was talking about. “Girl please, you don’t have a brother-in-law anymore, but you might have a new one.” I laughed.
“WHAT!! Nick and you broke up?” she reacted really shocked. “Me and Nick never had anything to break.” I answered as I have always done. “Destiny whatever. Everybody knows what you and Nick got but you..” “Me what, Carly? Nick is just being blind. And I’m not going to chase after him.” My sister looked at me and shook her head. “Nick was never blind.. I remember a while back me and Nick were..” she didn’t finish her sentence. She just stopped talking. “You and Nick what?” I asked confused. Carly looked at me with a smirk on her face. “Nothing sorry. Even though you’re my sister I can’t tell you anything. I made a promise to Nick and as you know I always keep my promise” she explained. “But I’m you’re sister” I pouted. “Yes and Nick is my brother-in-law.” I rolled my eyes and mumbled something underneath my breath. I knew there was no need to ask further. Knowing my sister she always keeps her promises. Carly finds a parking space and we get out of the car walking towards the grocery store. I was thinking about what Carly had said. What kind of talk did she have with Nick? Guess I won’t find out.