- Text Size +
I was putting the finishing touches to my make-up. I grabbed my matching earrings and put on my heels.
I look at myself in the mirror for a final look and started walking downstairs to wait for Chris.
I see my brother Howie standing in the kitchen. He looks at me and has this big smirk on his face.
“Did Chris tell you what happened between him and Nick today?”
I looked at my brother confused. “No? Why? What happened?”
Howie start laughing. “Chris is a cool guy, But Nick doesn’t think that. Kevin had to stop Nick or otherwise you’re boyfriend would have been knocked out by now.”
I looked at my brother and I was getting really pissed “What?! NICK DID WHAT?!” I yelled.
How could he do something like that. He knows Chris is my boyfriend. Howie told me the whole story and couldn’t stop laughing.
I didn't think it was funny at all. "Howie why are you laughing? This is not funny."
My brother stops laughing, looks at me and then starts laughing again.
"Hahaha don't get mad at me because you're little boyfriend was about to get his ass kicked by Nick! Hahahaha!" he laughs.
I couldn't look at my brother anymore so I just walk out of the kitchen. I close the door but I could still hear Howie laugh.
What the Hell? What was Nick's problem? Why would he fight Chris? How can he not like Chris? He doesn't even know him.
I decided I was going to call Nick. I dial Nick's number and listen to it ring when Nick answers.
"Oh, so you do remember my number?" Nick says sarcastically.
"Nick, what’s all this bullshit I hear about you trying to fight my man?"
"You're man?"
"yes MY man Nick."
"Hahah couldn't you're boyfriend help himself? Did he have to run to you and say what I did?"
"Nick !!!" I yelled. I was getting really frustrated.

This was not the Nick I know. The Nick I know is sweet and he most definitely wouldn’t go around to start fights.
Nick only fights when he has a good reason. The only times I've seen Nick fight was over his family or me. That made me think...
Did Nick fight Chris because of me? I shook the thought out of my head.
"So tell me Nick, why did you want to fight him?" I asked as calm as possible.
"I had my reasons."
"What, Nick? What reason? What could it possibly be? You don't even know him!"
"I've got.."
I didn't let him finish his sentence. "Nick, just don't do this please. I like him... And he likes me.."
Nick doesn't say anything for a while. All I hear is him breathing on the phone. "Nick? Did you hear…"
This time Nick cuts me off. "Yeah I heard you.. Uhm I gotta go. I gotta pick Paris up..Bye!"
"Bye..."

I hang up the phone and hear somebody knock on my front door. I knew it was Chris.
I walk towards the front door thinking that was the first time me and Nick ended a phone conversation without saying I love you.

At the Dance :

Chris and I were dancing on the dance floor. I was trying not to laugh because he couldn't dance if his life depended on it.
I watched him do some really weird crazy moves. He told me he doesn’t know how to dance but because I wanted to dance he still came up the dance floor with me.
That ment a lot for me. He'd rather make a fool out of himself but to let me down by not dancing with me.
I smiled at him. He was really a sweetheart. Just than he does something with his feet and falls right on the floor.
I hurry up and grab him but he couldn't walk on his own. Something happend to his ankle.
I Grab him by his under arms trying to pull him up. I help him limping back to the table and sat him down in his chair.
I look at his facial expression. You could tell he was in a lot of pain.
"Are you ok baby?" I asked concerned.
"I think I twisted my ankle."
I bend down and touch his ankle sofly.
"Ouach, that hurts!"
"Do you want me to take you to a hospital Chris?" I asked.
"Noo! I'll just call my mom to have me pick me up and later on Cassie can drop you home."
"I’m coming with you Chris..."
"Destiny . This is your school dance. Just stay and have fun. I'll be fine."
"Are you sure?" I really did want to stay but I wanted to help Chris on the other hand.
"Yes just stay." Chris pulls out his cell phone and calls his mom and tells her to pick him up.

I look to the dancefloor and see Nick dancing with Paris. When the song finished Paris gives him a kiss and they start kissing and hugging.
"He's not thinking about you.. So why are you thinking about him?" I turn back at Chris and see a hurt feeling in his eyes.
"I’m so sorry Chris.. It’s just that.."
"Destiny, you don't have to explain. I knew what I was getting myself into. I know you love him."
I smiled a small smile. Just when I leaned forward to give him a kiss his phone rings. "Alright Ma, I'll be right there." Chris leans and gives me a kiss. "Have fun Des. I'll call you later."
I gave him another smile and watch how Kevin helps him walk towards the car. I sat down in my chair and let out a deep breath. This was going to be one long night.

The dance is almost over

I was on the dance floor dancing when the DJ starts speaking.
"Alright the dance is almost over, so we're going to end it with a slow song. Fella's, grab your girl, hold her close and tell her you love her."
I look around me as No One One Else Comes Close stars playing. All the people around me start pairing off leaving me standing by myself.
Slowly I start walking back to my table when I feel someone grab my wrist. I look around to find a serious looking Nick.
"Hi baby, Can I have this dance?" He smiles
"Where’s Paris?"
"She got a headache so I took her home"
"Oh.. Uhm I’m just gonna go sit down.."
Nick looks at me and pulls one eyebrow up.
"Why? You've never had a problem with dancing with me before."
Nick puts his hand out to me so I could grab it. I look at him and smile while I grabbed his hand.
He took me on to the dance floor and holds me close. I lay my head on his chest and I listen to the heartbeat and the song.
I close my eyes and for some reason I feel like I'm floating. I hear Nick laugh a little bit so I look up.
"What's so funny?" I asked curiously
"I was just remembering.."
"remembering what?"
He looks me straight in my eyes. I could feel the butterflies moving in my stomach.
"The last time we danced to this song.... The time you said I would be the only boy you will ever love..."