- Text Size +
I sat in my chair in class not listening to a word the teacher was saying. I was thinking about other stuff… like how I was going to break up with Chris and not hurt him too much. Yeah I finally decided I was going to break up with him, it isn’t because of Cassie’s words. I was just tired of playing games and I felt like I was doing the same thing to Chris as Nick was doing to me. I didn’t want to do that to Chris so I think this is the best decision. As soon as this the class bell rings It was lunch time and I’m going to look for Chis and tell him. My thought get interrupted by the bell. RRINGGGGG.
I stand up as son as the bell rings and head toward my locker and throw my stuff inside. I walk to the lunchroom and see Chris sitting there alone waiting for me. I walk to him and take a deep breath before I sit down beside him.
As soon as Chris sees me his face lights up. This is going to be harder than I thought.
“Hey” he greeted me and gives me a kiss and a hug.
“Hi Chris , We need to talk.””
I look at Chris as his facial expression changes into a worried face.
”Ok?”
“Chris you know I really like you and you’re one of the sweetest and most sincere guy I’ve ever met…..but I just don’t think this is going to work out between us” I gently break to him.
“Why?“
“Chris I told you before we started dating that I was in love with someone else.” I explained.
“Yeah with someone who doesn’t love you back” he grabs my hand and hold them “Atleast I love you Destiny. I really do.”
I shake my head “Chris I can’t do this anymore. I just can’t”
“So you would rather be alone than try to forget about Nick and move on?”
A tear slips from my eyes and I just nod. Chris reaches out and wipes the tears from my face.
“You love him that much?” he asks me.
All I could do Is nod again.
“wow. Well guess its over than? Just remember if things don’t work out between you and Nick I will always be here for you. And I will always love you.”
I smile thru my tears and look at Chris. “Thank you Chris, you’re really a sweet guy”
Chris grabs me into a hug and just rocks me back and forth. I couldn’t help myself but to break down in his arms. I couldn’t stop crying.

Nick’s Point Of View

I walk into the lunchroom holding Paris’s hand I look around and spot Chris hugging Destiny. She looked like she was crying and that’s something that I couldn’t stand. I can’t stand seeing Destiny cry. And at the look of it Chris was the one that made her cry. He’s going to pay for this. I let go of Paris’s hand and run towards them. I push Chris off of Destiny.
“What the fuck did you do to her!” I screamed at Chris. Chris stand up in my face.
“Man this is the last fucking time you’re pushing me down.” Chris answered angry.
Somehow all of a sudden Destiny was standing in between us.
“Nick calm down , he didn’t make me cry.” I was trying to hear what destiny said but because of my anger I didn’t hear it.
“What! What are you going to about it if I push you again”
“Nick Shut up !!!” Destiny yelled. I look down at Destiny and see the tears running down her face. I pull her in a hug and hold her tightly.
“What’s wrong baby? What did he do? What made you cry?” I asked concerned.
“You did Nick” she answered. She caught me off guard by that answer. I made her cry?
“uhmm I gotta go” I replied and just walked away.

Just like that he walked away from me. He was quick to wrap his arm around me and to fight Chris over me but when it comes down to him he just walks away. I watch him walk away with Paris. I turn around and look at Chris. Trying to save my pride I give him a fake smile. “Are you ok Chris?”
“You shouldn’t be asking me that, I should be asking you that question.Are you ok?”
I wipe away my face. “Yeah I’m fine. I’m always fine.”

After school at home

I was pacing around my room thinking and thinking. U hear a loud pop under my shoe. I look down and see I just broke my favorite cd with No One Else Comes Close To You on it. I bend down on the verge of tears and pick up the 2 half’s. “NO noo nooo noo ugh !!!“
Than my phone rings and I answer with a whining voice.
“hello?”
“ Baby you ok? You sound upset?” I hear a manvoice on the other side.
“No Nick, I’m not ok.” I replied
“What’s wrong? Do you want me to come over?”
“ You don’t have to come over , I just broke my favorite cd” I continued pouting.
“Oh.“
That’s all he said. He totally went mute on me for a minute.
“Nick? Did you call for something?“ I asked.
“Uhm yeah , I was wondering if I could come pick you up a later on? We could go for a drive and you know to talk.”
“Sure what time?”
“How about uhm 9?”
“Alright , that’s good” I agreed and hang up the phone.
I wonder what Nick wanted t talk about.