- Text Size +
I sat on my bed wondering what Nick wanted to talk about when my phone rings
“Hello?
“I’m outside baby” I hear Nick saying.
I hang up on Nick, grab my purse and run downstairs. I see my brothers sitting in the living room. “I’m going outside with Nick” I yelled at them. I didn’t hear what they said because I was closing the door when I meet with Nick’s chest.
“Ouch Nick do you have to stand this close to the door”.
“Do you gotta run out the door so fast?“ He laughed
“I was in a hurry.”
“Ahh you wanted to see me that badly” he smiled.
“No” I shook my head.
“Ah that hurt” Nick said holding his heart pretending he was hurt.
I started laughing. “You don’t care whether I want to see you or not”
“Yes I do” Nick replied. I just look at Nick. I was getting tired of his mixed signals. He was really confusing me. “Come on Nick lets go.”
Nick grabs my hand and we walk to his car. He opens my door for me and I get in. He closes my door and runs around to the other side and gets in. He starts the car up and pulls away from the driveway. “Here” says Nick. He hands me a cd case with a cd in it.
“What’s this” I ask opening the case. He smiles at me and says “Just put it in.”
I put the cd in the cd player and hear the first tones of No One Else Comes Close To You. I don’t know why but the tears were about to sting my eyes.
“Nick I never told you this was the cd I broke.”
“No but you said you broke your favorite cd” he explained.
I didn’t know what to say, I just continued listening to the lyrics of my favorite song. This song was the perfect description of my feelings for Nick. I closed my eyes and softly sang with the song. I took a deep breath
”This is how I feel about you” I told Nick in a low voice.
Nick looked at me and then quickly back at the road.
“What did you say baby?”
“I said this is how I feel about you.” I repeated.
“I……” I didn’t let Nick finish.
“Nick I’m tired of playing games with you…. I ….. I want be with you. I only want to be with you. That’s the reason why I broke up with Chris. We are ment to be together and you know that”
“Baby , Like I said on the phone. Me and you need to talk. I…”
I cut him off once again. I turn my face to Nick.
“Nick! Come on! I love you. How many times do I have to tell you. I FUCKING LOVE YOU.“ I shouted. “Don’t you get it? Just be honest to me. How do you feel about me!?”
By this time I was crying and looking at a silent Nick.
“Nick please stop playing games with me. Just tell me so I can move on and you can be happy with Paris. I just want to know if you love me or not.“ I cried. I looked at Nick and still got no reaction from him. I waited and waited and waited until I hear.

“I love you too Destiny. I really do. I want to be with you too.” Nick finally said.
I turn to look at Nick and he was looking at me and not the road. I couldn’t believe what I heard. He wants to be with me aswell. I smile thru my tears.
“That’s all I wanted to hear Nick.”
When I look back at the road I see a big truck coming right at us and all I can hear are the lyrics of No One Else Comes Close on the background.