- Text Size +
Kevin's point of view

After the tragic news of Nick’s death nobody had said anything anymore. Everybody was just staring trying to believe what happened. Nick was really gone. It was so hard to understand.
“Uhm I’m going to call my mom and Jane to tell them what happened” I said breaking the silence. I walk towards a payphone and start dialing my mom’s number.
I listen to a it ring and ring until my mom answers the phone. This was the last thing I want to do, specially knowing this was going to hurt the both of them.
“Hello” my mom says answering the phone. Hearing her voice just cracked me. I couldn’t help my tears.
“Mom” I whispered
“Kevin? Baby whats wrong.” she said worried.
“Mom you and Jane you have to come home…..right now”


Joyce’s point of view.

I sit up in my bed because from the way Kevin’s voice was sent chills up and down my spine. Something was wrong. I could tell it by his voice when he first said hello.
Kevin confirmed my thoughts when he breaked down in tears.

“Honey Kev , Baby you have to calm down… Tell me what happened” I tried to calm him
“Desst….t..iny…. And Nick got into a terrible car accident ma, They don’t think Destiny is going to make it. She’s in surgery right now” Kevin explained thru his tears.
I started crying but I had to keep it under control. I had to get home to my baby. She’s going to make it. She has to. Destiny is a strong girl. I have faith in god.
“Honey.. We are on our way “ I said threw my tears.
“Hurry mom”
“Kevin wait. You never said anything about Nick. How is he doing?“
All I heard was a lot of crying and talking. I couldn’t understand anything he was saying.
“Honey take some deep breaths and tell me again.”
“He didn’t make it mom….. Nick’s… Nick is…. He is gone.. Nick is dead” Kevin whispered crying.
“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo” I screamed. I put my hands to my mouth. I couldn’t believe it. No ! Not Nick! Oh my god. Jane……. I got to tell her.
I hung up the phone not even saying goodbye to Kevin. I had to get to Jane. My tears were coming down from my eyes. I jump out of my bed and run to Jane’s room. I knock on her door until she opens . God I was so scared right now. I was about to break my best friends heart. Nick was her baby. He’s her son. How could I tell her the news?

Jane looks at me and smiles. She lays down the book she was reading.
“Joyce are you alright? You look like you’ve been crying” she asks me
The tears start falling from my eyes and Jane jumps out of her bed and rushes to me. All I could think about was that in the next few minutes I would be the one holding her.
“Joyce? Whats wrong. Tell me why you’re crying?”
“Its… Its… it’s the kids” I cried
I watch as Jane’s whole body goes still.
“Destiny and Chris got into a bad accident and Destiny Is in surgery. They think she might not make it and.. And..”
Jane cuts me off and hugs me.
“Joyce you know she is going to be fine. She’s strong. And Nick always bounces back from things. There both going to be ok.” she tries to console me.
“Noo Jane..Nick.. He .. He.. He didn’t make it Jane. He died in the accident”
She puts her hands to her mouth and starts screaming, but no sound was coming out. Just tears rushing from her eyes. I grabbed her and start rocking her. I didn’t know what to say. What can I say to make this feel less painful? Jane starts screaming and this time with sound. She screams and falls down from her bed onto her knees crying and screaming.

Howie’s point of view.

Kevin came back crying telling me that he told my mom and that she was going to tell Jane the bad news. I watch as a doctor approaches us. I stand up ready to hear anything… I think.
“Are you family of Destiny?” the doctor asks me and Kevin.
We nod our heads.
“We just had a successful surgery with Destiny but theres still a 50/50 chance that she makes it or not. We can’t do anything anymore. Its all up to her and god.
“When can we see her?” I ask hoping I was getting to see her straight away.
“She’s sleeping right now from the pain medicines so she will be asleep for a couple of hours but you can see her now if you want. As long as you are all going to be quiet.
We promise we would lay low and walk to Destiny’s room our group splited in to two’s.
Me , Leigh Kevin and Kirsten follow the doctor to Destiny’s room. The first thing we saw when we walked inside was a girl laying with a big white wrap wraped around her head and her arm. Her face was full of scratches and bruises. I hardly recognized my own sister. I tried to hold my tears but when I looked at Kevin I saw him struggling with the same. After a couple of seconds all 4 of us started crying. I looked at Destiny and felt so bad for her. She was the only person who didn’t know that Nick was no longer alive and in our presence.