- Text Size +
Destiny’s Point Of View

Damn , I don’t want to open my eyes because I I have a huge headache. I don’t know whats wrong, my whole body feels sore. I slowly open my eyes and see Im not in my own room. First thing that I saw when I open my eyes is my mother sitting on the side of me.
“Ma?“
My throat was so dry I hardly had a voice to talk.
“Honey you’re up. Let me get the docter” She says smiling and crying.
I watch my mom leave and then I realize I was in the hospital. Why was I I------ I remember something about a truck. Did I get into a car accident? Just then the docter walks in. A tall white man.
“Hi Destiny how are you feeling?“ He asks me smiling.
I try and smile back. “I feel like im laying under a tone of bricks”
“You’re going to feel like that for a while. Do you have any idea why you’re here?”
I shake my head.
“Not really , I just remember a truck so I’m assuming I was in a car accident.
The doctor nods “Yes you were with a friend of yours”
Me and a friend? Nick ! I remember now. Nick saying he loves me too and than I saw a truck and everything went black.
“Nick.. Where is he ?” I tried to sit up.
The doctor gently put his hand on me and made me lay back down.
“Is he ok? How is Nick? “
I look at my mom who is just crying and shaking her head. Then both my brothers walk in with my big sister. I looked at them.
“Where is Nick”
They all just look at me like they didn’t understand what I was saying. This was pissing me off. I just wanted to know where Nick was and if he was ok. Was that too much to ask?
“Somebody tell me where Nick is NOW !“ I said getting mad.
“Nick is fine” the doctor answered.
Finally I could breath easy again. I smiled.
“See that’s all you had to say. Is he in the hospital too ?“
“No he’s not” the doctor said
“Huh? Well why isn’t he here visiting me?“ I asked confused.
“Destiny , you just went thru something terrible. You need as much rest as you get. I think it’s the best if you go to sleep now ok?”
I watch as the doctor stucks a needle in my Iv. Next think I know I was fast asleep.
Lynn’s point of view (Destiny’s mom)
I was standing in the hall talking to the doctor.
“Don’t you think its better if she knows?” I ask him
“At the time no, but when she’s awake you can tell her.“
I watch the doctor walk away and my oldest daughter walking towards me.
“So how are you going to tell her ma?“
Tears starting to fall slowly from my eyes. “I don’t know If I can” I answer my daughter. We both started crying. We didn’t know how Destiny would react. She is going to be devastated.
“Maybe I should tell her?“ she offers.
“Yes I think you should, I really don’t think I can do it.” I tell her.
I hug my daugter and walk away to Jane’s house. She was hurting so bad right now.
She planned to have Nick’s funeral tomorrow and I was helping her with all the arrangements. She is honestly a wreck , but I think that’s understandable if you lose someone that close to you.

Carly’s Point of View ( Destiny’s sister)

A couple of hours later.

I’ve been sitting in Destiny’s room waiting for her to wake up. When she finally did she turned to me and smiled.
“Hi” she smiles
“Hi Des. How are you feeling?”
“Same as before” she shrugged.
“Destiny remember when I said me and Nick had a talk a long time ago?”
“Yes” she nods.
“Do you want to know what we talk about?”
She nods once again.
“We talked about you…. And how much he loved you”
“Yeah he told me last night that he loves me..” Destiny blushed. “I guess this means we’re finally going to be together”
I started to cry. This was making it even harder for me to tell her. I grabbed Destiny’s hand.
“Destiny………….Nick…..Nick he………he didn’t make it”
“Yeah so? He can come another day to visit me” she said confused.
“No Destiny.. I mean. He didn’t make the accident. He died in the carcrash.
My little sisters just looked at me and I watch as she snatched her hand from me.
“No ! No ! He didn’t because he said that he loves me. Nick would never leave me !! Especially when he just told me he loves me. We can be together now. You’re lying. Nick did make it “ she yelled
I couldn’t stop my tears. “Im so sorry Des… He’s gone”